1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Added GPS 4 Cameras Remote Start Alarm Aux and USB to my 2008

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TrailRayted, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Sep 14, 2019 at 5:02 PM
    TrailRayted

TrailRayted [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Vehicle:
    2008 Rugged Trail Tacoma
    I brought my 2008 up to date with these somewhat affordable gadgets.

Campark R10 Backup Camera 10" Mirror Dash Cam This one is great. Instantly comes on when you start the truck. Great view of everything in back of you and even on the sides to a point. $99 Amazon

Pyle PLDVRCAMAND75 GPS Touchscreen Android DVR Dashcam - 7” Display, Navigation Dual Built-in Adjustable Front and Rear Camera - Wi-Fi Bluetooth Wireless FM Radio Runs apps right from google play store. Google maps- Waze pre loaded. I am using iGO navigation now. $149 Amazon. I got mine open box for $100.

Auto Drive FM Transmitter Hands free Bluetooth connectio - USB / SD / flashdrive ports- Audio through vehicle FM Stereo. I put my tunes on a flash drive and Bam! No static. $25 Walmart.

Clifford 5706x 2 Way LCD Hybrid Remote Start/Full Alarm System. One Mile Range With SST Remote - Control Center With Integrated Status LED And Valet Switch- 2-Way LCD Primary SST Remote Pager. The remote even shows you the inside cab temperature. $475 installed. Ouch!

Grossomotto likes this.
  2. Sep 15, 2019 at 1:20 PM
    seanb06

seanb06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD OR
    Have you had a chance to see how the camera “mirror” does when someone is behind you with bright lights? I’m curious if it just completely washes it out or if you can still see well.

3. Sep 15, 2019 at 3:10 PM
    TrailRayted

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Vehicle:
    2008 Rugged Trail Tacoma
    I've used it a fair amount at night. It does a good job when powered on and doesnt just go white when someone is behind me. It can be a little to much in your face tho. Like when going through town at night with lots of streetlights and signs. I sometime turn it off and use it as a regular mirror under those conditions and it's really good.

4. Sep 22, 2019 at 9:06 AM
    JoshS

JoshS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    What are your thoughts on the remote start? Has it caused any problems for you?

5. Sep 22, 2019 at 9:13 AM
    TrailRayted

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Vehicle:
    2008 Rugged Trail Tacoma
    I had a problem with the initial install. They wire tied a modual to my brake pedal and it ripped out a wire. Lol Dumbasses! After they repaired that the sensitivity was set too tight and the alarm was going off for no reason. They adjusted that and it's been pretty solid since. I had a time where I remote started and then when I put the key in and turned it the truck turned of then restarted. ??? Other than that I like it. I haven't really tested the range yet.

SaphiraTaco likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top