1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Addicted Offroad won't return calls/emails Edit: Finally returned email...

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by EnIDee, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 12, 2016 at 11:20 AM
    EnIDee

EnIDee [OP] That sounds dumb. Let's try it.

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD DCSB. Her name is Strawberry.
    ToyTec BOSS Kit, RCI ifs, BFG TA KO2s, Whomp Truck Stickers
    I ordered 80" sliders for my 05 DCSB on April 18th, directly from Scotty over the phone.
    I told him that my hope was to have them by May 10 in order to get them installed for a Moab trip on the 13th. I asked him if that was possible - he said Yep, and that it should only take "one, maybe two weeks".

I recognize that this was an estimate, but I did make it clear that if they really thought it could be done in that timeframe I'd go ahead with the order, and if not, then I'd just wait and place the order later on, when I had money to also include a bumper in the order, and save some time on making just one trip up to pick it all up at once.

He again said it shouldn't be a problem to get them done in two weeks tops, and that he'd get in touch in a week to let me know where he was at.

(I understand that lead times are just estimates. But don't SAY it can be done unless you can deliver on that commitment. I would appreciate MORE if he said something like "Eh, not sure I can promise that. I can maybe get them done but no guarantees on a timeframe." I respect that honesty.)

1 Week passes - No word.
    2 weeks pass - Still no word.

I emailed asking for an update on 4/25. No response. (I've checked my spam folder, just to make sure.)
    I emailed again on the 28th for an update. Still no response.
    I emailed from the AOR website on or around May 1. No response.
    Further calls and emails (both from my email account AND from their website customer service form) between May 1 and today - ZERO response.

I finally got a call through on Wednesday, May 4 and talked to Scott. He said that they would for sure be done either the next day or that Friday (May 6) and that he would call me when they were ready for pickup. I asked if I could come pick them up either that Friday May 6 or early the next week and he said that would be fine.

I didn't hear from him at all on either that Thurs or Fri so I decided to call AOR again. The voicemail message had changed from the usual, and said that they would be closed from Fri May 6th until Wednesday May 11 "for inventory so they can get caught up on orders."

Scott never informed me that they were closing for inventory when we talked on the previous Wednesday about a timeline for me coming up to get the sliders. One would think that this kind of info would be worth passing on to a customer that was basically told they could make plans to come pick up on a day that they were actually CLOSED...

Further calls and emails every day this week - ZERO RESPONSE - I'm aware that they're dealing with expanding their shop - This is still no excuse for such a complete lack of com on their part.

Wondering if anyone has info on what's up with them??

2. May 12, 2016 at 11:29 AM
    Mush Mouse

Mush Mouse Club Soda Not Seals

Member:
    First Name:
    mush
    where ever you want me to be
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5
    its a Toyota truck and that's all the modifications needed
    when you do get a hold of them ask for a full refund on the stuff u ordered

3. May 12, 2016 at 11:33 AM
    RogueTRD

RogueTRD Learn to swim...

Member:
    First Name:
    Cade
    So. Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '14 Pyrite Mica DCSB 4x4 TRD OR
    Stacked spacer lift, 22x12 wheels with stretched 33's, tow mirrors, bull nuts.
    Sorry about your luck, that totally sucks. Hopefully they make it right. Seems like pretty shoddy customer service, can you tag him in this thread so he can respond?

4. May 12, 2016 at 11:58 AM
    EnIDee

EnIDee [OP] That sounds dumb. Let's try it.

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD DCSB. Her name is Strawberry.
    ToyTec BOSS Kit, RCI ifs, BFG TA KO2s, Whomp Truck Stickers
    An email response finally came through. It doesn't explain why his shop was so completely incommunicado other than saying that Scotty himself was out of the shop camping since last Thursday. Is he the only one there?! That does nothing to explain why I haven't gotten a SINGLE email reply or return phone call in the past three weeks of attempts to contact them.

He also mentions that the sliders actually *have* been done since last Friday, "like he said they would be".
    But no mention of the fact that he said they would CALL ME BACK to tell me for sure they were done. How am I supposed to know I can come pick them up if I'm not TOLD THEY'RE READY????

5. May 12, 2016 at 7:05 PM
    AddictedOffroad

AddictedOffroad Well-Known Member

Member:
    Windsor, CO
    Vehicle:
    2000 4runner. Linked and locked
    Noah,

We are a small shop. Only 4 full time employees. I am the owner and answer the phone. We are Not a huge conglomerate type shop. My guys are fabricators, not customer service guys.

When you ordered these you were told they were a brand new product and not even on the website yet. At no time did I say 1-2 weeks and at no time did you mention a date you needed them. In fact, when you called me you were asking about Trail-Gear sliders and I explained that we were no longer going to carry them because we were going to start building our own. You mentioned a trip the following month only. We have been 3-4 weeks on slider turn times for a while so getting them done in that time was doable.

When I talked to you last week I explained they would be done Thursday or Friday. They were done on Friday, but after I was out of the shop. Even in that conversation, you never mentioned a date you had to have them by. I did say I would contact you when they were done. And when I got back in today I responded letting you know they were done at which point you told me you would grab them when you got back from Moab on Monday. That was the first time you had even mentioned Moab.

Yes, I was in Montana unplugging for a few days. I left the shop Thursday night. At 5am On Friday, I was on my way to Montana. The shop voicemail was updated as was the Facebook Page, website, etc.

My guys on the otherhand were in house building stuff. This is what I came back to today:
    2c66697065ff613f52b54b71af369161_f65c16f3307080979440a716b6ac98c57e01a5b4.jpg

I even explained today all of this via email.

After all of this, you are picking them up tomorrow morning in time for your trip. I hope all goes well on your trip.

6. May 12, 2016 at 7:10 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
  7. May 12, 2016 at 7:13 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Ermahgerd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
To Top