1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Additional Led lights?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by cstallings, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Jun 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM
    cstallings

cstallings [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    SOS Front Bumper, SOS Sliders, SOS skids, ARB Rear Air Locker, OME Lift (885x Coils, Nitro Charger Shocks, Dakar Leafs), LR UCAs, Leer Shell, OKLED 30" light bar, Wet Okle Seat covers, etc, etc
    I just bought a 30" Cree light bar from okledlightbars, which has a group buy going on right now. It is a combo pattern and is 14,500 lumens. It fit perfectly in my lower grill. If I bought to spot pods to mount between my hood and windshield on my relentless fab mounts would they be drowned out by the light bar? The pods are about 1300 lumens a piece. They would be higher, so I thought they might shot over the bar? Don't want to waste my money if I would not be able to tell they are there...

uploadfromtaptalk1370719911050.jpg

2. Jun 10, 2013 at 6:34 AM
    virginiamarine

virginiamarine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    FJCruiser/Double cab Tacoma
    I personally think the addition of more to the direct front would be a waste. If you add directionals (30 degrees out maybe) it would be helpful, but I would think your lower bar would be enough to cover everything. I added pods to rear for backing up and have wired up for the sides...might as well make it vampire proof! lol

3. Jun 10, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    cstallings

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    SOS Front Bumper, SOS Sliders, SOS skids, ARB Rear Air Locker, OME Lift (885x Coils, Nitro Charger Shocks, Dakar Leafs), LR UCAs, Leer Shell, OKLED 30" light bar, Wet Okle Seat covers, etc, etc
    I couldn't take it and ended up ordering a pair of spot pods. I'll play with the direction, but they will more than likely be pointing out to the sides. I guess the more lights the better. I order a BAMF CB mount for the rear that I will be using to mount a flood light to...dang Group Buys

4. Jun 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    TRSJimmy

TRSJimmy All I Do Is Nguyen

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Gainesville, GA
    Vehicle:
    12' Mall Crawlin Peerunner
    Do you have any night shots with that led bar? Debating if I want to do the same or not.

5. Jun 20, 2013 at 4:40 AM
    virginiamarine

virginiamarine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    FJCruiser/Double cab Tacoma
    yeah, I'm interested in seeing how they look at night too! I'm guessing you'll have to aim them up to get full usage of the beam pattern and distance (did you say it was a combo spot/flood?). I also wonder if anyone has ever been pulled over for using them on the highways....I sometimes do when no one is around.

6. Jun 20, 2013 at 6:40 PM
    cstallings

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    I'll try to take some pics this weekend. I tried with my phone, but they didn't come close to doing it justice. The 30" is pretty stinking bright...

Products Discussed in

To Top