1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Adjustable coil overs on a 1st gen vs. basic billies/eibachs

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TacoXtreme, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Jan 18, 2013 at 3:49 PM
    TacoXtreme

TacoXtreme [OP] North Georgia Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Mt. Airy GA
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD TX DC.
    Bull Bar, Borla Exhaust, Pro Comp Emplorer 55's, Daystar 2 1/2" leveling kit, UWS Toolbox, Bed Extender, Anytime Fog Light mod.
    Okay so my 97 has Billie adjustables up front (stock coils) and billies and pro comp 1.5" AAL in the rear. Stock coils are sagging and I planned on replacing with eibachs. But is it worth the extra $ for the adjustable coilover kit for the 5100's? Stock height on the 5100's with the eibachs is supposed to be 3". Is the adj. coilover kit solely to achieve more than 3"? Yes I searched. Sorry if I overlooked my answer. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

2. Jan 19, 2013 at 6:23 PM
    Mr. Biscuits

Mr. Biscuits gentleman, scholar, part-time delinquent

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen J
    Bakersfield
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    -Bilstein 5100/ Eibach 3" lift -Custom 2" lift rear leaf pack -Crystal clear headlight housings -updated (01-04) rear tail lights -custom front tube bumper -custom rear tube bumper -Deckplate mod -Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust -Kenwood Headunit -Pioneer Speakers -black door handles -Debadged, rebadged black -Ultraguage
    wait so you already have 5100's up front?
    bilsteins are already adjustable if you get the eibachs then I believe you're supposed to set them on the second spring perch to get to 3". there's no separate kit for the adjustability of the shocks

3. Jan 19, 2013 at 6:53 PM
    TacoXtreme

TacoXtreme [OP] North Georgia Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Mt. Airy GA
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD TX DC.
    Bull Bar, Borla Exhaust, Pro Comp Emplorer 55's, Daystar 2 1/2" leveling kit, UWS Toolbox, Bed Extender, Anytime Fog Light mod.
    Toytec offers a kit with spanner wrenches and a threaded piece that mount on top of the eibachs. And it says it turns your 5100 eibach combo into an adjustable coilover

4. Jan 22, 2013 at 1:19 AM
    Mr. Biscuits

Mr. Biscuits gentleman, scholar, part-time delinquent

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen J
    Bakersfield
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    -Bilstein 5100/ Eibach 3" lift -Custom 2" lift rear leaf pack -Crystal clear headlight housings -updated (01-04) rear tail lights -custom front tube bumper -custom rear tube bumper -Deckplate mod -Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust -Kenwood Headunit -Pioneer Speakers -black door handles -Debadged, rebadged black -Ultraguage
    oooo similar to king or Fox? gotcha. I wouldn't think you would need that level of adjustability. the current spring perches will achieve any additional lift and should get you damn near 3 inches

To Top