1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Adjusting Toyota A/C Doors

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by surfsupl, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Feb 4, 2009 at 12:48 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    I have noticed lately that when I make a hard right turn that my overhead light has been coming on in the truck. I pushed on the interior door of the truck and the light came on. Has anyone had to adjust their doors at all using these? (see pics) Thanks.

2. Feb 4, 2009 at 1:49 PM
    JDCPA

JDCPA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    SW FL
    Vehicle:
    09 5 Lug Access Cab SR5
    Curt Hitch and etrailer.com wiring harness.
    I'd recommend taking the Taco into a good body shop. They should be able to get things lined up for you without spending a whole lot of money.

3. Feb 4, 2009 at 3:56 PM
    surfsupl

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Is their any way to adjust the bracket in the 1 st pic in the set? Can it be loosened and moved some how?

4. Feb 4, 2009 at 4:24 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    You too?

Mine was doing that a while ago. I haven't seen it do it for a while now. I haven't done anything with it.

Are you still under warrantee? Take it to the dealer and tell them to do it.

5. Feb 4, 2009 at 4:38 PM
    surfsupl

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I had a guy tell me that sometimes he gets an ice build up in his door some how when it snows and after it melts he does not have the problem. If it snowed in Cali my prob might be solved.

6. Feb 4, 2009 at 4:57 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra TRDRW
    Nada, Zip, Zilch, Nothing
    Weird -- never had that happen to me before...

7. Feb 4, 2009 at 10:58 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    No ice between my doors.....

I don't think a 'door' allignment will help either. It's that round plunger button on the access door. You can push that sucker in/out and activate the dome light. I dunno, but I was playing with mine for a while one day and I haven't seen it do it since. So maybe it just needed some tender loving pushing??
    (laugh)

8. Feb 4, 2009 at 11:56 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Airaid Short Ram Intake, 285x75R16 Mickey Thompson MTZs, 16" Konig Countersteer rims, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Pffttt. Just slam the fucker closed. I have this problem and the solution is to make damn sure you close that door at least twice as hard as you close your drivers door. It's just the make of the beast I'm afraid.

9. Feb 6, 2009 at 9:43 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    :(:(

Funny, but mine came back last night.

Making a RIGHT hand turn, dome light went on/off. This time, I could push the door outward and get the dome light to come on. As I drove up my driveway (slight incline), stopped the truck and tried pushing on the door again - it wouldn't do it. My doors are closed just fine.

That button is just too damn sensitive or is 'sticking'. I'll have to think about giving the dealership a call about this or atleast research a TSB or something for it.

10. Feb 6, 2009 at 10:06 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Just made an appointment with the my local dealer (Feb 16th). This local dealer has yet to impress me. Everytime I go there, I get the run-around and attitudes. My favorite dealer is 30 miles away - and I just don't feel like driving the whole way out there for this.

So we'll see.... give them another chance to try and impress me. ;)

11. Feb 6, 2009 at 10:14 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Airaid Short Ram Intake, 285x75R16 Mickey Thompson MTZs, 16" Konig Countersteer rims, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I hear you get better service if they have a better view of the goods, if you catch my drift.

12. Feb 6, 2009 at 1:42 PM
    snowmansgarage

snowmansgarage Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD Offroad AC Tacoma
    There are two latching positions of the latches. First make sure you're securing all the way to the second position. If you are and the light still comes on, then you might need a striker adjustment. It can easily be done with a Torx bit and a little bit of time. Don't move the striker very much at one time as it doesn't take that much! Be patient.

13. Feb 6, 2009 at 2:11 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    this happened to my old chrysler (1998). So i replaced the switch. Tada.. no switch issues.

To Top