1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Adventure Trailer

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by Aaronbloyer, May 7, 2015.

1. May 7, 2015 at 11:48 AM
    Aaronbloyer

Aaronbloyer [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Perry Hall
    Vehicle:
    06 sr5 tacoma
    Hey guys still new to everything just wanted to start a new thread I guess! Well I'm building an adventure trailer and want your help, suggestions, and all the above!

I started on good ol Craigslist looking for a utility trailer just like my buddy got and I wanted to build something just like his! So after a week of looking I found an old KNOX farm trailer 4x6, pretty heavy duty. I brought it home sanded it one day painted it the next. I went with gray and black. I then got herculiner and lined all the inside with it and under the bottom.

Next problem I came up with was that my leaf springs were shot! So I rented a grinder and took one off sized it up ordered them and what do you know.. I got the wrong size.. So I went down to Baltimore city, not to riot lol, but had to go to peters springs and get the right size made up. I'm still waiting for them.

Next up was my tires. I had old, not the same size, and ugly trailer tires that I just had to get rid of! So recently I got new tires for my Tacoma and used my old all terrains that still have good tread on them and tried to figure out the exact rim size I needed. Not easy. I called and called and no body could figure out what I was doing. Long story short I ended up taking the trailer tires to a small shop and had them work on them and mount my all terrains. Turns out the old rims work! So I get home and start to put them on and they fit but not enough space so they ride right. So I went out to some wheel rim place and got my self 5 on 4.5 lug spacer adapters. Put those things on and they work great!

I went to metal supermarket and ordered my metal that I need for the roof top tent to sit on and also got my hardware.

I ordered my Tepui Ayer tent 2 Friday's ago and couldn't wait to get it and set it up. Griffin over at Tepui helped out so much and also gave me some decals!

Now I'm kinda at a stand still I need to first get some more money, then get my leaf springs, get all my welding done, wire my lights up, and I'll be pretty set for now that is!

So in total that I've put into the trailer:
    Trailer: $150
    Herculiner: $75
    Paint: $50
    Metal: $75
    Spacers: $75
    Wheels mounted: $26
    Tepui tent: $900
    Lights: $25
    Leaf springs: $300
    Trailer hitch: $25
    Grand total of: about $1700
    Holy crap didn't do that math in awhile. Oh well. I'll try and post pictures but for now let me know any suggestions or comments or that a boy! I'll keep you posted!

2. May 7, 2015 at 11:52 AM
    Aaronbloyer

Aaronbloyer [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Perry Hall
    Vehicle:
    06 sr5 tacoma
  3. May 7, 2015 at 12:45 PM
    2stroketrush

2stroketrush Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler Addison Rush
    Baltimore
    Vehicle:
    Built 97 ExtraCab
    Overland Purpose Built 97 going on 190K.
    Nice!

Aaronbloyer[OP] likes this.
  4. May 8, 2015 at 3:16 AM
    MaineFarmer

MaineFarmer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off-Road
    Added a bunch of stuff. Cut to fit 285 AT3’s