1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Advice for Civilians

Discussion in 'Military' started by cakmakli, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Apr 27, 2010 at 5:26 AM
    MurphyZ

MurphyZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    I HATE SPICYTACOS
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    97 4runner, 08 Tundy
    89 SAS 3.4 1st gen 4runner- Sold 3.4 swap cut hood for clearance exhaust x-over and magnaflow muffler lockright in the rear SAS 83 toy axle (Wab-Fab) 4xinnovations sliders roof rack from 2nd gen for kayak.
    thank you for doing our great country a huge honor by defending it.
    i joined the Air Force to give something back to a country that allows me to be anything i want. i get pissed on by liberals in my home town that use to be my good friends simply because, " I kill babies".

alas thank you and everyone raise a toast and thank a Vet.:proposetoast:

America, Fuck YEAH!

2. Apr 27, 2010 at 5:29 AM
    MurphyZ

MurphyZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    I HATE SPICYTACOS
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    97 4runner, 08 Tundy
    89 SAS 3.4 1st gen 4runner- Sold 3.4 swap cut hood for clearance exhaust x-over and magnaflow muffler lockright in the rear SAS 83 toy axle (Wab-Fab) 4xinnovations sliders roof rack from 2nd gen for kayak.
    OP get a job at sportmans warehouse. you can take a test on weapons and fishing poles and stuff if you work there and take a class on them and if you get a certain score i think it is a 90 you get the firearm or fishing pole or etc.
    my old chief retired and told me about it. he makes minimum wage and loves his job. just talks about hunting and fishing all day long and gets a 20-40% discount on any and all stuff in the store. lucky guy.

3. Apr 27, 2010 at 5:29 AM
    ShaShasBoo

ShaShasBoo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Lexington, KY
    Vehicle:
    06 DC Prerunner
    Conragts on the retirement. Thank you for your service. Very well written.

4. Apr 27, 2010 at 6:19 AM
    bruinsrme

bruinsrme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Worcester
    Vehicle:
    BRM 2010
    One can not measure the sacrifices veterans make.
    The burdens we place on our families.
    Waking up whether it be in a rack 800 feet below the surface of the ocean, on the surface in a frightening sea state, some remote air strip, or in some make shift base.
    Most that have served are proud Americans.
    I served 14 years on subs. Due to a serious neck injury I was not able to serve any longer.
    I am glad, honored and grateful to have served. Those that have served and enter the civilian world have to deal with so many feeling they are entitled to so much for doing so little.
    Pride runs deep
    ET1(SS)

5. Apr 27, 2010 at 7:12 AM
    Danosabre

Danosabre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gardner,Ma
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Extang Trifold bed cover,DDM 55W 6000k HID, maglight, Vent visors
    Thank you all for your service. Anytime I see someone that has served I thank them.

6. Apr 27, 2010 at 7:25 AM
    cakmakli

cakmakli [OP] Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    If they had a draft there wouldn't be anymore raises. We have the good pay and benefits that we have now because of the need to attract volunteers.

7. Apr 27, 2010 at 7:28 AM
    cakmakli

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    Right now I'm going to school. That Post 9/11 GI Bill is the cat's ass. Not only are all my classes paid for but I get $1,500 a month living allowance.

8. Apr 27, 2010 at 7:29 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Congrats on your retirement.

I've always admired the Armed Services. I was turned down for a stupid medical reason when I tried to join the Army back in the 90's. I really wish I got that opportunity.

9. Apr 27, 2010 at 7:41 AM
    fhlashsf

fhlashsf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    Danville, CA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Off Road Double Cab 4x4
    Weathertechs, Avid bolt-on sliders and light bar, 17" ATX Thug wheels, BF Goodrich AT 285/70/17 tires, Icom 2820 Dstar radio, OME 3" lift, color matched rear bumper and Grillecraft grille, Wet Okole seat covers, ARM bed extender, black badges, Sockmonkey decals, HID headlight and foglights, TRD cat back exhaust, TRD CAI, URD MAF calibrator, Kenwood 6960 HU, Image Dynamic front and back speakers, ARC Audio Sub in Mr. Marv custom sub box and amp rack, Tuffy security box for bed.
    First off congratulations on your retirement, but more importantly thank you for your service.

I have to ask though, do folks really say the crap you cite in point 1? They must, I can't believe anyone could be that moronic and insensitive to demean your sacrifices and service.

Once again, thanks!

10. Apr 27, 2010 at 7:43 AM
    woodygg

woodygg Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Tacoma 4x4
    "I found that 90% of the time.... everyone else is jealous that we have acctually went and done something with our lives..."

ah...

i totally appreciate anyone's service.

but that comment says more about the people you associate with than anything. everyone of my friends has done plenty with their lives.

11. Apr 27, 2010 at 7:46 AM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    yea, they do say weird stuff

12. Apr 27, 2010 at 7:46 AM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    I'm in an AC/RC slot on Ft. Stewart. I'm in the reserve bdlg by the hospital that has an old MASH looking helicopter in front of it. I'll be there for about 2 more weeks then our unit will move to hood and I'll be over at HAAF. I normally drive a gray diesel jetta (VW)

13. Apr 27, 2010 at 7:51 AM
    fhlashsf

fhlashsf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    Danville, CA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Off Road Double Cab 4x4
    Weathertechs, Avid bolt-on sliders and light bar, 17" ATX Thug wheels, BF Goodrich AT 285/70/17 tires, Icom 2820 Dstar radio, OME 3" lift, color matched rear bumper and Grillecraft grille, Wet Okole seat covers, ARM bed extender, black badges, Sockmonkey decals, HID headlight and foglights, TRD cat back exhaust, TRD CAI, URD MAF calibrator, Kenwood 6960 HU, Image Dynamic front and back speakers, ARC Audio Sub in Mr. Marv custom sub box and amp rack, Tuffy security box for bed.
    That's really a shame! Sorry to hear this.

14. Apr 27, 2010 at 7:55 AM

1980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dust Bowl
    I don't see why people should gripe about someone getting a military pension and VA benefits as most civilian retirees are receiving a civilian pension plus Social Security, Medicare, and 401k benefits. My college friends were quite jealous of my GI Bill. However, I figured that serving a six year military obligation was fair trade for that $300 bucks a month.

15. Apr 27, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    x2 when I would come home on leave everyone was still doing the same thing...nothing...or they were worse off than before I left.

I was active duty for 4 years. I definetly respect the guys who make a career out of it. Thank you for your service!

16. Apr 27, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    Dimonback

Dimonback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Austin, Tx, from all over hell and back
    Vehicle:
    Geezer double cab w/ shell
    Thank you for your sacrifice.
    I graduated high school in '73... the end of the Vietnam war. Some older friends made it there, either by volunteering or by the draft. Some made it back, some didn't- either the body or the spirit was left in the jungle. Coming home, for those who did, meant plowing through the selfish and the self righteous wearing peace signs and love beads, calling the soldiers "baby killers" and worse. These misguided hippie fools have become the country's liberal left... no more informed or intelligent than they were back then when they blamed the kids coming home for a war no one believed in.

I offer an apology for whomever made you feel the need to write the post. That person or persons will never make their own apology in this life.

17. Apr 27, 2010 at 8:21 AM
    cakmakli

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    Oh, it doesn't bother me. I'm pretty sure he were just trying to be funny but at the time I was in an ill mood and didn't feel like playing around. It just hit me wrong at the wrong time.

And I appreciate all the thanks that has been posted here but they really are not necessary. I got to do something that I loved doing, got paid really well for it, and got to travel and live in a lot of different places. And while I did spend some time away from my family, I'm able to make up for it now. I truly feel blessed.

Products Discussed in

To Top