1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Advice needed on my Taco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NickM, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Mar 26, 2012 at 2:48 PM
    NickM

NickM [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    DE
    Vehicle:
    SR5 V6 4X4
    Yakima Roof Racks
    So I have been to the dealership 5x in the last month and a half. they have

1. Fixed a rattle in the instrument cluster
    2. ordered a new top half of my Passenger seat, and tightened loose bolts.
    3. replaced weather seals on drivers side on door, frame, and around window for noise.
    4. replaced fan blower for noise.
    5. sent it to the body shop to fix the body panel above passengers tire witch was loose and making noise.

I have a warranty case open with toyota corporate. even though they have fixed a lot of my problems, do I have a case for arbitration? Is it just for me to ask for a new Taco for so many problems? so they are fixed now, what about in 6 months, a year....so on...?

what do yall think? it is a 2011 DC Taco 4x4 SR5 non TRD. 4100MI.

2. Mar 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM
    12Tacoma

12Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2012 trd off road 4x4
    husky liners, undercover tonneau, ome 885's, 2" aal, 265/75/16 duratracs.
    Annoying on a new truck no doubt!

I dont see how you would qualify for a buy back or compensation other than perhaps rental cars while yours is in the shop.

It sounds like they are working with you on the repairs as they should be but if that is not satisfactory to you sell it and move on they hold value well so you should not be upside down assuming you financed the purchase.

Regards

3. Mar 26, 2012 at 5:10 PM
    NickM

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    DE
    Vehicle:
    SR5 V6 4X4
    Yakima Roof Racks
    Thanks for the reply. I guess the thing that strikes me most is that no one else has any of these problems. searched high and low all i found was similar blower probs, nothing else.

4. Mar 26, 2012 at 5:24 PM
    drwoodr

drwoodr Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC 4X4 SR5
    side steps, heated seats, tonneau cover, rocky mounts, RAAMMat, 12v outlet in dash
    I assume the passenger seat replacement and bolt tightening was for the seat rattle? That has been reported here. I have it on very bumpy roads. I have not taken it back to dealer for this yet, waiting for first oil change. I have no other rattles except for the seat belt where it is fastened to the center pillar will on occasion rattle until I give it a tap and it stops.

5. Mar 26, 2012 at 6:05 PM
    NickM

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    DE
    Vehicle:
    SR5 V6 4X4
    Yakima Roof Racks
    I have the seat belt rattle as well. intermitent though. i do the same corrective action. They did find hand loose bolts on my P/S seat. i mean holy crap! either way I may still go to arbitration and ask for a swap out with a new one. long shot but it may be worth it.

6. Mar 26, 2012 at 7:11 PM
    NickM

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    DE
    Vehicle:
    SR5 V6 4X4
    Yakima Roof Racks
    and also, not bashing my dealership. they have been working with me. they even gave me a loaner car for a couple days. not even bashing toyo. just my truck. I think it warrants a new one thats all.

7. Mar 26, 2012 at 7:34 PM
    jw1983

jw1983 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    I think that there could be more things wrong with your truck then what has already happened. I personally wouldn't try and get a new one, because honestly it's not going to happen. Everything on your truck has been fixed, the dealer has been helpful. If you're wanting to "try" and get a new vehicle for these little issues you have, you better not try a Ford or Dodge product. I just think you're being nit picky about it.

8. Mar 27, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    NickM

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    DE
    Vehicle:
    SR5 V6 4X4
    Yakima Roof Racks
    I respect that input. I am not "trying" to get a new vehicle for the hell of it. Just think that if i try to sell this that a carfax would show a ton of problems and that would suck. I don't think im being nit picky but....it could be possible as i am generally blind to my own situation...

9. Mar 27, 2012 at 9:51 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I think you'd have better luck getting an extended warranty because of the issues you're having vs. trying to get a new truck. I still think it'd be a long shot but you might have some luck getting something like that covered.

10. Mar 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM
    rbishopp

rbishopp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Webster, NY
    Vehicle:
    2009 4WD Reg cab Taco. Keepin it simple.
    So far I've added an Advance folding bed cover and since removed it. Gave it to my son in Maine, he has an 05 2wd. GT perfect fit seat covers. Weathertech floor mats and window vent visors. Waag center brush/grill guard. Hose clamp tailgate mod. Turned off the seat belt chime. Added Ultra-Gauge. Trailer hitch. Softopper. Replaced sun visors with slide out style. Toyota bed extender. Had Firestone Destinations and now Michelin LTX AT2 in stock size. More mods to come; Fog lights, locking storage in bed, intermittent wipers. Now looking for Radio/HU upgrade. and maybe a lift way down the road.
    Good idea from pugga. Push for more time to get things fixed as they come up. I've read other places how Toyota slipped on the 2012 quality control. My girl friend just bought a Rav4 so I hope she doesn't have problem. She does have 6 years of full coverage so stuff should shake loose by then.

Good luck OP

11. Mar 27, 2012 at 10:43 AM
    NickM

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    DE
    Vehicle:
    SR5 V6 4X4
    Yakima Roof Racks
    Thanks for the replies! Extended warranty is a good idea. I can atleast ask huh? i still have a year and a half of my bumper to bumper left. maybe i will give it some time. Thanks again.

Products Discussed in

To Top