1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

advice needed please

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by power2403, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Oct 23, 2010 at 1:01 PM
    power2403

power2403 [OP] Member

Member:
    n florida
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    Wet Okole camo seat covers. 3 JL 8w1's in custom ported box. pioneer 4200 dvd head unit and jl 500/1 to drive the subs.
    Thinking about adding just an in dash dvd head unit and a sub set-up of some sort and an amp to power it to start with,then later on replacin door speakers and adding an amp to power them. I like bass and have done a ton of research and like the new alpine thin subs(bit pricey tho). Fire away with some advice please guys. Im not opposed to good quality used stuff either.

2. Oct 23, 2010 at 1:19 PM
    dolbytone

dolbytone Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    You didn't really ask for advice on anything specific.

3. Oct 23, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    power2403

power2403 [OP] Member

Member:
    n florida
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    Wet Okole camo seat covers. 3 JL 8w1's in custom ported box. pioneer 4200 dvd head unit and jl 500/1 to drive the subs.
    What kinda amp and sub is going to fulfill my quench or bass and should i go with 2 10's or 1 12" sub and what do you think of the pre fab custom tacoma boxes for 100$ or so?

4. Oct 23, 2010 at 4:01 PM
    dolbytone

dolbytone Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Well I can't pick your stuff out for you, these things are fairly personal and what's good for you might not be good for me and vice versa.

I will tell you though that I use 2 10" drivers and about 500W of amplification for sub and that pounds out a decent amount of bass. There's not much room behind the seat so I went with a 5 channel amplifier, simply because multiple amps wouldn't fit. I ended up with about .65 cubic feet of sealed enclosure for each driver and that's all I could eek out using 3/4" MDF.

You might want to start looking at available cabinets, or begin designing one so you know how much space you'll have and thus what drivers to start looking at. I wouldn't be looking at any drivers that need more than 1 cubic foot because you simply don't have the room.

EDIT: I'm assuming you have a double cab

Products Discussed in

To Top