1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Advice on Boulevard M50

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by Waverly, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Mar 18, 2011 at 2:26 PM
    Waverly

Waverly [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    Hood protector Running boards Tonnuea cover
    Guys.....help me out here....I've got the fever bad and not wanting to screw up...:D I am looking at a Suzuki M50 Boulevard. 2005 with 11k miles on it. Is $3800.0 a DECENT price on it? That's what I got the guy down to...so far. I would like to keep my price down at $4000.0 or so..
    It is in very good shape if not excellent. Needs cleaned up...as the last owner did not ride hardly. Been stored alot in the last few years. Runs nice and smooth....
    I can get some pics later tonight....but it's red in color..
    Thanks alot.

2. Mar 18, 2011 at 2:51 PM
    Waverly

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    guys....I apologize as this is basically the same subject as my post last month other than I got the guy down a couple hundred bucks to 3800.0 bucks.

3. Mar 18, 2011 at 6:24 PM
    Waverly

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
  4. Mar 18, 2011 at 6:27 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    I used to own a Suzuki....I wouldn't if I were you. I was unimpressed with quality.

5. Mar 18, 2011 at 6:43 PM
    Waverly

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    I always heard that the boulevards were excellent bikes....know several people who has them and loves them........

Got couple posts sour on suzuki's ....they that bad?

6. Mar 20, 2011 at 2:20 AM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    They're good bikes, seem to sell worse than even the vulcans. Not overly impressed with their design (liquid cooling and actual touch and feel) but I'd ride one if I found the title on my fridge. I'd look elsewhere if I had the choice though. (just picked up a 2001 v-star with 11k on the clock for 1500 and it's a real air cooled cruiser)

I've owned a couple dozen bikes from just about every company out there and some that aren't anymore, Kawasaki and Suzuki round out my bottom for quality and design probably tied. They're all ridable and ownable, but for my money it's yamaha. Every yammy I've owned from my first sr500 to my fz1 have been just super awesome in every way. Finish, design, quality, initial quality. no common problems. My kawasaki KLR 650, kind of junky. It's the only bike in its class, so I'm kind of stuck, but really wish yamaha would bring over the smaller tenere so I could buy that.

Thing to watch out for, is generalizing though. Different lines are made differently. They never update the cruiser line, but some other lines get frequent updates. Suzuki seems to be struggling though, don't think they've done a damn thing since the SV engine. Klr hasn't seen a real update since 1995 (just a face lift really) still has some pretty horrible bugs in it from back when It was a klr600 kicker. Suzuki? I don't know if they have anything going for them. But I've not had extra problems with the few I've owned, they just seem cheaper and ride a bit worse etc. Just lower end in general. But someone's got to be top and bottom right? There's worse, but not in the main stream. You have to hit some older carbureted harleys. But, if it's what you want, I haven't heard of them exploding or anything. Just stay away from the HD, you'd be instantly branded a jerk and ass-hole. Unless that's what you want. Anyone that thinks "loud pipes" do anything other than make people resent having hearing is fooling themselves, or possibly MR.

7. Mar 21, 2011 at 5:27 AM
    Waverly

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    Thanks very much for your info, I really appreciate it......:) Points are well taken.

8. Mar 21, 2011 at 6:00 AM
    Danosabre

Danosabre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gardner,Ma
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Extang Trifold bed cover,DDM 55W 6000k HID, maglight, Vent visors
    Let the mods begin! :D

9. Mar 21, 2011 at 7:51 AM
    tony216

tony216 I like my member

Member:
    NEPA
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR DC
    I like the M50. The only downside to the M50 is the C50/Volusia. It's just more comfortable and IMO looks better. It's pretty much the same bike, but feels better.

As far as Suzuki being shit, I've owned a few Suzuki's (currently two). Only my 2000 GSXR750 was rather trouble-some. The rest have been great. My SV and my DRZ are not exactly "gently used" and yet they are trouble-free. Their cruiser line is ignored a bit, but when the bikes became "boulevards" they added many of the parts that owners wanted (though I don't know if a drag bar is what most people wanted on the Intruder).

Boulevard accessories are cheaper than Star accessories.

I'd take 800cc over 650 any day.

I'm not knocking the Star line of motorcycles, they are excellent. However, they are just motorcycles.

For the record, I've owned multiple Yamaha's, Suzuki's and Kawasaki's, as well a Honda, Ducati, Husqvarna and Triumph. They all have issues, but most are great bikes.

Products Discussed in

To Top