1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Advice on Lift and Tire options?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by DoubleYotaBoy, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Feb 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM
    DoubleYotaBoy

DoubleYotaBoy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Clinton, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma prerunner
    Bull Bar, Chrome grille, JDM Chrome Headlights, 5000k HIDs headlights and fogs, Chrome Door handles, Ready Lift 2.25 inch front spacer, BFGs 265 75 16
    I want a 3-4 inch front lift for 06 prerunner and to be able to run at least 275s if not 285s or 33s on factory 16inch rim, but I really dont want to have to use wheel spacers to keep the tire from being set out so much. Any ideas or pictures i can go by? Thanks.

2. Feb 19, 2013 at 5:30 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Popular 3" lifts here are toytecs ultimate lift kit and a full Old man emu setup. Both will give you around 3" of lift. You do not want to lift any higher than 3" unless you do a drop bracket lift. You WILL need wheels spacers to run 285s or wider on stock wheels. You will not need spacers for a tall skiny tire on stock wheels. A good option if you go that route is 255/85/16 (33.3"x10.5) but i would still get some smaller spacers for for a little wider stance. look at my gallery, i have 2.5" of lift with a full OME setup and 285s

Edit. Re read your post. You have a prerunner so you can do a 4" spindle lift. I would recomend this, i dont know much about it but i would go this route if i had a prerunner.

3. Feb 19, 2013 at 6:18 PM
    DoubleYotaBoy

DoubleYotaBoy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Clinton, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma prerunner
    Bull Bar, Chrome grille, JDM Chrome Headlights, 5000k HIDs headlights and fogs, Chrome Door handles, Ready Lift 2.25 inch front spacer, BFGs 265 75 16
    preciate it!

To Top