1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Advice on sub for my set up

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by SKULLY, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Feb 16, 2014 at 12:35 PM
    SKULLY

SKULLY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB
    Looking for a little advice on a sub for my set up. Will the amp that I have be enough to power the speakers and sub that I am looking at? Planning on setting up the amp as a 3 channel. This is the first system I have installed and already have the deck and speakers installed. Just adding the amp to power the front speakers and new sub (crutchfield link below).

I am running this pioneer deck:
    [​IMG]
    Along with these 6.5 speakers up front:
    [​IMG]

This is the amp that I am going to run:

[​IMG]:

[​IMG]

Going to run it like this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking at getting this sub and building a small box behind the driver side backseat.
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-CDEYTA4ZAIq/p_130TSS2501/Pioneer-TS-SW2501S4.html

Just want to make sure that the amp will power the front speakers and sub with enough power?!:eek: Thanks for any input!!

2. Feb 16, 2014 at 1:18 PM
    ZMan2k2

ZMan2k2 “Hold my beer and watch this!”

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    ‘Berta
    Vehicle:
    06 Rad Red DCLB SR5
    I love my Sundown Audio SD-2's. They hit hard, and are clear as well. Seems like your amp would power it well. It's a 500w rms sub, so you're well within the range of power it can take, and the Sundown subs are designed tow work in small boxes as well. I'm running them in .6cu ft boxes each right now, but I just built a ported box to run them as well. Should be a different experience for me. But in sealed, they hit hard and clean. And with they're shallow mounting depth, you can get away with a smaller box too.

3. Feb 16, 2014 at 1:53 PM
    SKULLY

SKULLY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB
    It says the the RMS power range for the sub is 50-300? If I the set the amp up as a three channel it says-

speaker A output= nominal input: min 100W
    speaker B output= nominal input: min 300W

So B would be set up as the sub. I just want to make sure what I think is right and will work is actually correct! Lol

4. Feb 16, 2014 at 2:04 PM
    ZMan2k2

ZMan2k2 “Hold my beer and watch this!”

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    ‘Berta
    Vehicle:
    06 Rad Red DCLB SR5
    Yeah, you'll be fine running 300w to the sub. Just means you should have zero chances of frying the voice-coil. Then again, I'm putting about 750w per sub at them, and they take that like a champ. Just be prepared for a large magnet. It's a shallow mount sub, but the magnet is huge!

Products Discussed in

To Top