1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Advice Wanted: '93 Paseo Suspension

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by Murd3rd, May 28, 2011.

1. Murd3rd

Murd3rd [OP] DO WORK!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Abilene, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab 5-Lug...Murdered-R.I.P. 30JUN11
    DJM Lowering Kit, Xrunner front struts and springs, QA1 12-way Adjustable Rear shocks, BHLM, Undercover Bedcover, K&N IK, Doug Thorley Header, URD MAF Cal, ScanGauge, GO-Baby-Go Mod(purple wire mod) Cherry Bomb glass pack dumped right after rear axle, 99-04 Mustang GT wheels Painted Black, Pre-runner Leafs, Hellwig Rear Sway-bar
    I've got a '93 Toyota Paseo 5-speed and the shocks need to be replaced pretty bad but also i was wondering if it would look ridiculous to lower it an inch or two, i want some honest opinions, my feelings wont be hurt i promise, unless your just a d!ck about it. I've found lowering springs for less than 200 bucks for all 4. I guess the question is, do you think it would look stupid or not? the only pic i have of it is not the best angle, but you can see how high the rear end sits stock.

also i don't plan on changing the wheels or tires, in size that is, i might try to find some different steelies, and better performing tires, i like the stock look of steel wheels on an all black car.

and also i know a turbo is in the future for this car...[​IMG]

and yes i know it needs a paint job, that is also in the works, along with some rust repair, car is originally from Illinois and it now resides in West Texas where it is dry, so i need to fix the rusting rear quarter panels the most, but besides that this thing has become my next project after my truck, and it only cost me 800 bucks, haha

it is also getting a new clutch and exhaust when i get back from afghan land next month..........its my little race car, HAHA

paseo.jpg

2. Murd3rd

Murd3rd [OP] DO WORK!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Abilene, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab 5-Lug...Murdered-R.I.P. 30JUN11
    DJM Lowering Kit, Xrunner front struts and springs, QA1 12-way Adjustable Rear shocks, BHLM, Undercover Bedcover, K&N IK, Doug Thorley Header, URD MAF Cal, ScanGauge, GO-Baby-Go Mod(purple wire mod) Cherry Bomb glass pack dumped right after rear axle, 99-04 Mustang GT wheels Painted Black, Pre-runner Leafs, Hellwig Rear Sway-bar
    here's another pic i forgot about that also has my truck in it

paseo and truck.jpg

To Top