1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AFE install question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Lurkin, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Feb 19, 2011 at 7:19 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    I just acquired an AFE Stage II Si intake and was installing it yesterday. I have an issue with installing the gasket/seal that goes between the box's air inlet and the fendorwell. The seal will not stay on the box's inlet, it pops off when I attempt to push it around the corners on the inlet lip. It appears that I may need attach it with some glue or small screws.

Anyone else run into this, or other ideas?

2. Feb 19, 2011 at 7:28 AM
    Lurkin

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Thanks for the input, I did he-man that mofo, but had no luck. Guess I need to try a bit more.

3. Feb 19, 2011 at 8:01 AM
    Sawick

Sawick Still not worthy!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    JB MDL, NJ
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD Sport
    T4R TRD Pro Wheels, LED lights, Tonneau Cover, ICI running boards, AVS window/bug
    I just put my aFe Pro Dry CAI on yesterday. I had that same problem for a few, but it ended up finally staying on. The hardest part was trying to get the dang metal cover screwed in. The holes wouldn't line up properly, I ended up having to squeeze the box in the direction I needed to get the hole to line up.

4. Feb 19, 2011 at 8:04 AM
    6spdtaco

6spdtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    East Wallingford, VT
    Vehicle:
    Taco
    Tom Woods driveshaft. TRD short throw shift kit. TRD exhaust. AFE Stage II intake. CBI Bumpers front and rear. Warn 8000i winch/ synthetic line. OME 3" lift w/ dakar springs and 886 coils. ATO Front skid. ARE MX cap. Trail Team FJ wheels. Cooper Discoverer ST 265/75-16 C tires. Diff breather relocation mod.
    I found the gasket was too long and cut about an inch off of it. Stays firmly in place now. Also maybe tightly wrapping some electrical tape on it would do the trick.

5. Feb 19, 2011 at 8:08 AM
    MindOVERMatter

MindOVERMatter Active Member

Member:
    Tampa Bay area FL.
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    Yep...I just had the same problem when I installed mine yesterday. Push it hard, cut excess off( mine was way to large idk bout your's), then Gorilla tape it down and your good to go.

6. Feb 21, 2011 at 5:47 AM
    Lurkin

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Thanks for all the input. I took the box back off yesterday and applied some extra heavy-duty he-man to it, and it's now on. On mine it was the right length, just kept popping off. It's now on, thanks again.

7. Aug 28, 2011 at 12:44 AM
    vanzigler

vanzigler Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Van
    alberta
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma v6 sr5 TRD sport
    aFe Cold Air Intake si with 5R filter, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, OME 885 Dakar suspension kit, Hella Driving lights, VVME 35W HID headlights, VVME 55W HID Fog lights, 2" BORA Wheel Spacers, Throttle Body Spacer
    Yeah I wish I was He-Man but when I put on the rubber on the oval opening I became him..hehe...I pushed down on that rubber hard until it stayed in place; I also had to cut about half an inch cuz it was too long!

To Top