1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AFE Pro Dry drop-in sale

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by NEAScott, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Mar 20, 2012 at 9:03 PM
    NEAScott

NEAScott [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Toledo, Oh
    Vehicle:
    2014 Chevrolet Impala Limited
  2. Mar 20, 2012 at 10:33 PM
    anethema

anethema Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    ARB Bumper,OEM Roof rack modded for access cab, Allpro Rock Sliders,Icon Adjustable coilovers,More Tie Downs in bed, Firestone Airbags in rear,Block heater
    It was only because you were posting in the group buy section. Group buys exist to offer deals off online retail prices in return for lots of people getting together and buyin in bulk.

It isn't that your prices were high, but simply it was not a real group buy since you were simply selling filters at normal retail prices. No one would have said anything if it were in the buy/sell section, which it now is.

As to the BBB stuff, meh.

3. Mar 21, 2012 at 6:50 AM
    rexel

rexel Well-Known Member

Member:
    R3P 1S9

4. Mar 22, 2012 at 9:54 AM
    halfgut

halfgut New Member

Member:
    Was going to order a Softopper from truckaddons but with the in your face attitude Scott is dishing out I just changed my mind.

5. Mar 22, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    TurboGT

TurboGT Stirring the pot since...

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno DC LB 4x4
    None yet, starting over!! OME lift w/ Dakars & 885's Remote Start w/ window control
    I'm not ordering anything, mainly cuz I (one) don't need one ATM and (two) don't have the cash for it, but.....

Wolfpack - good research, nicely laid out post, but I gotta ask... As I read through your post, all I could interpret was :stirthepot: as if you might have been one of the people that 22 people on the closed complaint list. I'm glad that you went to the effort of researching all this for others, but I really felt like you were attacking Scott for his post. And hence I can totally understand how Scott immediately got on the defensive.

I hope that everyone here understands that the BBB exsists (nearly) SOLELY for the purpose of people to complain, and the internet is full of people willing to scream to the skyies about how they've been wronged by getting only mildy warm french fries when they very clearly told the McDonalds cashier that they wanted EXTRA crispy fries, rather than approach the manager and deal with it in a civil manner.

Scott - I hope that we all appreciate that you came in here offering your wares (I know that I appreciate seeing things like this), and in my opinion you didn't get much positive feedback, but I feel that you did jump to the defensive a little too quick... maybe a vacation is in order.

Hey TW... just my opinion, but I think Scott did a pretty decent job of answering questions in a timely manner

Response time to first post, just over 3 hrs (i'm hoping that all posts are shown as local time for me).

Response time to second post, 8 mins.

Response time to third post, less than 90 mins.

Considering he most likely had "work related" things to deal with, I think that him jumping on TW to check back and see how he can help us and answer our questions - he did pretty good.

This is just my personality, but I don't like using Ebay or Amazon. I would rather 1) deal with a local retailer/reseller, with whom I can build a face-to-face relationship, 2) if I am going to order over the internet, deal with a retailer/reseller who will join us on our forum and be a part of the community (even if it is just to offer sales to us), or 3) deal with a member directly for used gear.

I give a :thumbsup: to both Wolf and Scott for their part, but a :( to both for (what I perceive as) bad attitudes

Awaiting :crapstorm:

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Mar 22, 2012 at 12:36 PM
    TurboGT

TurboGT Stirring the pot since...

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno DC LB 4x4
    None yet, starting over!! OME lift w/ Dakars & 885's Remote Start w/ window control
    No hater here, and if I gave the impression that I was stating that you did have a beef with him, than I apologize, I was just speculating... and sorry to hear about your girl - been there before with semi-similar problems and I know that its not fun.

I agree with you on the group buy prices, not quite there on that kind of discount, but as I said before, they're good enough prices that I would buy from him rather than eBay or Amazon (no, I haven't bought anything from Scott either - I'm still mostly stock), so please don't take this as me trying to stand up for Scott based off a purchase that I had a really good experience, nor do I know Scott (so its not some buddy-buddy thing either).

You did bring some very good info in, things that everyone really needed to know, and that's definitely a plus for all of us. I think that now that this is moved into the general BST forum, its definitely more appropriately placed.

I'm on my. Ell phone right now so my line of thought is likely not being expressed like I want it, but again my $.02

7. Mar 22, 2012 at 1:33 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    Dangit TW, I saw the title, came in just to check and see how what I paid a month ago compaired and then spend 15min reading, again. . .

8. Mar 22, 2012 at 2:39 PM
    NEAScott

NEAScott [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Toledo, Oh
    Vehicle:
    2014 Chevrolet Impala Limited
    Whether or not anyone chooses to buy something from me is up to them. I'm fine with that, and everything I have pointed out here in this thread. I am not here to give something away. As far as I am concerned, the matter is dead. Moving on ...

9. Mar 23, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    Just want to throw it out there, but I've ordered a few items over the years and have been quite please with this company. Can't please 100% of the people, I would buy from them again though.

10. Mar 23, 2012 at 4:02 PM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas VA7PTZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab 5' Box 6 Speed
    2010 Tacoma, sold...

I can't agree more. I have read this entire thread, and both of you are correct, ... sort of. I AM going to buy from this seller, not because he is cheaper than the other guy... but because he is a fellow tacomaworld member, that's it.

my $.02

11. Mar 23, 2012 at 4:10 PM
    tbturner47

tbturner47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hickory, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Barcelona Red TRD Off Road
    I bought my weathertechs from Scott and he called me to place my order. This guy has been working hard to get our business, and personally I would rather help a guy make a living than help Amazon put others out of business

12. Mar 23, 2012 at 4:21 PM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    Amazon products are from millions of dealers like scott and whatever company he works for...

Edit: and if if any of Amazons dealers have less than a 97% rating they get reviewed and possibly booted.

13. Mar 23, 2012 at 4:24 PM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas VA7PTZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab 5' Box 6 Speed
    2010 Tacoma, sold...
    How does that work? Amazon finds the cheapest dealer for the product you ordered, and then .... <magic of the internet> you get your product, and amazon takes it's cut?

14. Mar 23, 2012 at 4:29 PM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    All the pricea arent the same on Amazon and yes amazon getts a cut but the amount of traffic they get makes up for it or no one would sell on amazon. This is not scott vs amazon but thinking supporting scott over amazon is better is silly.

Saying this Amazon is opening a shipping facility near me that will offer around a thousand jobs. Capitalism it works

Products Discussed in

To Top