1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

After market ball joints, tie rod ends

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 4421.frank, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Nov 29, 2009 at 11:10 AM
    4421.frank

4421.frank [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southside chicago
    Vehicle:
    02 double cab prerunner supercharged
    nasty dent on driver's side bed panel, shabby seats, cigarette burned interior roof, missing berf bar pad, cracked rain visor, removed hood scoop, unmentionable stain on back bench?
    Is there a trustable manufacturer of aftermarket ball joints and inner and outer tie rods? I plan on addressing some alignment issues while installing some bilsteins and Toytec ALL's.

It seems that this has really only been the reoccuring problem with this truck since I got it four years ago.

2. Dec 5, 2009 at 9:04 AM
    Air_Ops

Air_Ops Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    N.W. VT
    Vehicle:
    01 Ltd Dbl Cab
    TRD Headers, Cat Back Exhaust, Airaid Intake Tube, LC Engineering Throttle Body Gasket, Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks, Wheeler's Add-A-Leaf, LC Engineering Tundra Brake Kit, Re-Framed
    Moog makes uppers, lowers and the outer tierod ends. Be careful of where they are made i.e. imports from low wage countries. I had a pair of lower ball joints installed from International Auto Parts and it ended very badly. I am not sure if it was the part or the installation (I did not do myself, live and learn), the ball joint broke where the shaft meets the ball. The box the part came in said it was made in Tawain, and I am sure the mechanic torqued it with his air gun. I replaced them with Moog parts I installed myself, I have a torque wrench and know how to use it. The Moog parts are made in Japan, hopefully they will last longer.

3. Dec 5, 2009 at 11:17 AM
    4421.frank

4421.frank [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southside chicago
    Vehicle:
    02 double cab prerunner supercharged
    nasty dent on driver's side bed panel, shabby seats, cigarette burned interior roof, missing berf bar pad, cracked rain visor, removed hood scoop, unmentionable stain on back bench?
    I'll look into this one, Moog huh? I was in a accident earlier this week, truck is in the shop mostly body work, but took the oppurtunity to have the mechanic install the new bilsteins ( seeing as I can't crouch right now). Looking to install the toytec 1.5" AAL when it gets out of the shop as well. I'll look at the linkage then, and make a decision then. thanks for the input though

Products Discussed in

To Top