1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Aftermarket Alarm Systems w/ Pager Function?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SManZ, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Mar 9, 2010 at 4:53 AM
    SManZ

SManZ [OP] el tráfico más lento se queda derecha

Member:
    Haymarket, VA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Supercharged 4x4 Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    I'm looking for some recommendations for an alarm with pager alert function.

I have a Scorpio i500 on my motorcycle and I love it. The 2-way pager only receives signal for about 300yds but I'm rarely further than that from my bike when I park somewhere. My truck is parked about that far from my apartment.
    http://www.scorpioalarms.com/

Can anybody recommend something similar for my Tacoma? I want the pager alert because I keep tools in my truck during the warm months when I work on bikes.

The Scorpios are incredibly easy to install. They pretty much just wire to the battery and accessories plug right into the alarm body. I would like something similar for the truck. A hood pin and perimeter sensor would be great but I don't need ignition kill.

-Thanks!

2. Mar 9, 2010 at 4:58 AM
    Zizo

Zizo Engineer Extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    '06 Doublecab 4x4 TRD Sport
    TRD Supercharger, 3" lift, Pioneer Sound System, Remote Start, Avid Off Road Bumpers, All Pro Sliders, LED light bar, HID headlights and fogs, much more...
    I've got a Viper 5901 installed on my truck. It works great, has an amazing range, the 2 way with alerts in case of shock or what not. It has a bunch of sensors you can add to it, like glass breakage or tilt sensors. You will need to pick up the alarm itself and a PKALL module. Search eBay and you can find them all. I paid $270 for my setup, and I Installed myself.

Don't be fooled though, this isn't like a bike alarm, its more complex and you'll be running wires all throughout your dash, so make sure you're comfortable with that.

Hope this helps.

3. Mar 9, 2010 at 5:10 AM
    SmoothFox

SmoothFox Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    DFW TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OFFROAD 4x4
    CBI Sliders,PIAA Lights, 5100's, 4 leaf pack.
    I like the viper smart. You can start your car from anywhere as long as iPhone and car have cell signal. I don't think it works as a pager though. When they do that I will buy it.

4. Mar 9, 2010 at 9:27 AM
    SManZ

SManZ [OP] el tráfico más lento se queda derecha

Member:
    Haymarket, VA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Supercharged 4x4 Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Thanks guys!

Zizo, I saw the Viper alarm and all the harnesses that come with it. I could do it but it'd be such a PITA. I'm hoping to find something that isn't so labor intensive, even if it meant not hooking up certain features. Mine's a manual and I always leave it in gear so remote start isn't important to me. I also don't need all the special window functions or even blinking parking lights.

To Top