1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

aftermarket deck shopping. any thoughts on a double din

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by tommelleo22, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Feb 25, 2011 at 6:15 AM
    tommelleo22

tommelleo22 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Castle, PA
    Vehicle:
    07 trd sport off road
    Yellow Fogs kicker cvr 10's alpine ivaw205 head unit, leveling kit
    Hey guys. just sold my Alpine IVA-W205 with navi for 375 for a friend bc the previous owner that had my truck rigged the setup to fit it in like a moron and i could never get it to fit the way i wanted too and it would squeak and rattle so i offed it and am looking for a new deck but really only owned another jensen double din in my titan which was ok but looking for something decent what are you guys running and what's your thoughts i liked the alpine and the new kenwoods but the screens look to small in our dash kit at only 6.1 inches of display.

2. Feb 25, 2011 at 6:21 AM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    I have the Pioneer X-920BT. I actually really like it, but I will admit, I never really use the nav. The navigation on my phone is much more accurate and consistent. Other than that, if you bypass the security features so you can change stuff on the fly, I would recommend it to anyone. If you don't bypass it, there are many audio features even that you cannot access!

3. Feb 25, 2011 at 6:23 AM
    tommelleo22

tommelleo22 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Castle, PA
    Vehicle:
    07 trd sport off road
    Yellow Fogs kicker cvr 10's alpine ivaw205 head unit, leveling kit
    yea i did i bypassed and re grounded my alpine it was worth it lol they come stock locked like safes bc god forbid someone sues them for something they're at fault for... but anyways i have been looking into the alpines how's the interface? like changing songs and such it's relatively quick and responsive right? because some decks are soooo slow and it's just too annoying after awhile lol and yea that's my opinion too i don't need to drop 300 more on a deck to get another navi when the iphone 4 does everything i want it to lol

4. Feb 25, 2011 at 6:35 AM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    Well, im not sure if your referring to my Pioneer or Alpine, so ill give you my experience with both. When I was shopping around, I initially wanted Alpine, great units. What turned me off was that the interface is sooo blocky looking and just not very visually appealing IMO. The systems run nice and quickly though. My Pioneer has a much better look and feel. On the downside, it used to be kinda slow. I got into the menus and found stuff running in the background. It has a very smooth operation now, and I love it.

5. Feb 25, 2011 at 7:46 AM
    Endurozw

Endurozw War Damn Eagle!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DC SR5 w/ tow package
    Fold-a-cover G4 - Wranger Duratrac 265/75/16 Audio Upgrades: Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD / JL Audio HD600/4 amp / Hybrid Audio 6.5 Clarus up front / Arc Audio 10 in subwoofer
    I'm loving my Pioneer 4200DVD and I think there's a newer version out now. The only trouble I'm having right now is getting new Itunes album art to show up...for some reason the newer songs aren't showing their album art, it's making me wonder if Apple changed something. The interface and HU itself is amazing though.

6. Feb 25, 2011 at 8:24 AM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    ^^^ I bought the 4200DVD for my sister this last Christmas and installed it in her Altima... she loves it and it is very easy to use. Only thing is that it doesn't have nav. It can be added on but in my opinion its not worth it

Products Discussed in

To Top