1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

aftermarket fog lamps

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Dallas8888, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Mar 5, 2010 at 8:39 AM
    Dallas8888

Dallas8888 [OP] Member

Member:
    Toronto
    Vehicle:
    2007 SR5
    4x4 Illuminated Switch, BakFlip G2, Weathertech Floor Liners
    Can anyone suggest where to buy fog lamps in toronto,canada? I want to use the existing hole in the bumper. Also, should I be buying fog lamps or driving lights...not sure what the diff is. Thxs

2. Mar 5, 2010 at 8:51 AM
    mountainwolfpup

mountainwolfpup Ford Guy (Formerly known as a Toyota Guy)

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 3.5l Eco
    First month of ownership... This month I'm removing front air dam, and also Rhino lining the bed.
    Seriously?

OK.

Well driving lights have long pencil beams that are intended to illuminate the road area far ahead of you and only the area immediately ahead of you.

Fog lights have a more diffused beam that is wide and short, illuminating a wide swath of road immediately in front of your vehicle but not extending very far down the roadway. Often this light type features colored lenses of yellow or amber that are supposed to shine better through fog.

More info: http://trucktoys4less.com/lighting-types.html

Your best bet in my opinion is to pick up a used pair from someone. The factory driving lights are pretty solid and are the only ones I know of that will fit in the bumper without additional modification.

3. Mar 6, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    eight3one_offroad

eight3one_offroad Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 with a few things.
    Optima Red Top 34R, OME 885 / N140S + 5100 rear, TSB leaf pack, Camburg Ball Joint UCA, Wheelers Diff drop, AEM Brute Force Intake with filter wrap, Summit Super Turbo muffler, Llumar 5% tint, Pioneer single din head unit, PIAA 510 Ion Crystal Fogs in stock location, Sonar LED tails. Sway Bar removal. Charcoal filter delete. Stant 11509 Locking Gas Cap.
    I installed some PIAA's in my stock fog light housing. Do you want my stock fog lights? I'll sell them to ya.

- Rich

4. Mar 28, 2010 at 10:04 AM
    Celtic Bob

Celtic Bob Well-Known Member

Member:
    Which PIAA's did you install in the stock holes? The dealer installed Westin's in mine and did a terrible job. It goes back in tomorrow to get fitted properly or removed.

5. Mar 31, 2010 at 12:05 AM
    eight3one_offroad

eight3one_offroad Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 with a few things.
    Optima Red Top 34R, OME 885 / N140S + 5100 rear, TSB leaf pack, Camburg Ball Joint UCA, Wheelers Diff drop, AEM Brute Force Intake with filter wrap, Summit Super Turbo muffler, Llumar 5% tint, Pioneer single din head unit, PIAA 510 Ion Crystal Fogs in stock location, Sonar LED tails. Sway Bar removal. Charcoal filter delete. Stant 11509 Locking Gas Cap.
    Bob,

I intalled PIAA 510's (Ion Crystal Fogs) connected to my stock fog light switch, a whole lot brighter then stock 27watts.

Products Discussed in

To Top