1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Aftermarket fogs where Turn Sigs. are??

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by kyle39, May 16, 2011.

1. May 16, 2011 at 5:43 PM
    kyle39

kyle39 [OP] Reppin' BC

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma Trd
    Deck plate mod, rhino lined, A.r.e. flush glass shell, 265/75/16 Duratrac's, MB72 rims, Full OME lift, Dakars in the rear, Tint allround
    I was thinking about a PIAA 2100 series lamp in where the turn signals currently are and was wondering if anyone has this or a similar set up with a stock Bumper :D

2. May 16, 2011 at 6:29 PM
    kmok

kmok Plastidipped ma Hootus!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Tacoma, SR5, TRD Offroad, 5 speed, V6
    Toytec Coilovers, Old Man Emu Leaf Pack, 5100s, Light Bar with Hella 700ffs, Chopped Exhaust, Herculined Rocker Panels, Trail Gear rear bumper, tinted windows
    A lot of people do the fog light mod, basically you switch the parking light wires and turn signal wires and it lights up the stock turn signal bulbs as fog lights. I'm sure those PIAAs would be much bright though lol.

Fog Light Mod

3. May 16, 2011 at 9:30 PM
    kyle39

kyle39 [OP] Reppin' BC

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma Trd
    Deck plate mod, rhino lined, A.r.e. flush glass shell, 265/75/16 Duratrac's, MB72 rims, Full OME lift, Dakars in the rear, Tint allround
    yea, I was about to do the fog light mod, but then decided on getting some kind of brighter light whether it be switch back led or piaa or some other option, any suggestions??

4. May 16, 2011 at 9:38 PM
    kmok

kmok Plastidipped ma Hootus!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Tacoma, SR5, TRD Offroad, 5 speed, V6
    Toytec Coilovers, Old Man Emu Leaf Pack, 5100s, Light Bar with Hella 700ffs, Chopped Exhaust, Herculined Rocker Panels, Trail Gear rear bumper, tinted windows
    I would go with the led bulbs that go into the stock turn signal housing, you wouldn't have to worry about retrofitting the fog lights in and those should be pretty bright too. Also the led will let you still have the turn signal function. I've been thinking about trying to put in a fog light bulb some how and wiring those up but idk how well that would work.

To Top