1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Aftermarket rear sliding windows

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Seventh, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Jan 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM
    Seventh

Seventh [OP] Insert witty title here

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Sport
    Bilstein 1500s, 265/75 KM3s
  2. Jan 31, 2013 at 6:23 AM
    Hambone155

Hambone155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    omaha
    Vehicle:
    Causing Butthurt is my job
    port and polish intake manifold, supercharger, pulley for charger, lifted, tires, deckplate, (doing full engine build)
    never done it but i was told its alot of labor. my buddy broke one out to get in his truck and it was so expensive he purchased a topper instead. so i would assume its not to easy.

3. Jan 31, 2013 at 7:34 AM
    NorCal52

NorCal52 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma 4x4
    Eibach Springs, Bilsteins 5100s,1" diff drop, dakar leaf pack, 2" body lift ,12" JL sub, Black headlights, clear turn signals and blinker lens, red and clear tail lights, 55w 6000k HIDs.
  4. Jan 31, 2013 at 10:49 AM
    StevoNB

StevoNB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    NB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 DCSB TRD Sport 6MT
    I think my truck has that window in it. The original owner had a slight miscalculation loading his 4 wheeler on the back and ended up having to buy a new window. It is a tinted SRW and had the same sticker in the bottom left corner, which has fallen off over time, so I don't know for sure if it's the same window. Mine has never leaked and i can't comment on installation as it was in the truck when I bought it. I'd go outside and take a pic, but its pissing rain with 80k wind gusts.

5. Feb 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    brs127s

brs127s Well-Known Member

Member:
    O'Fallon, MO
    Vehicle:
    04 D-Cab 4x4 Limited TRD
    TRD Headers, Aero Turbine AT2525XL Deckplate Mod, TRD tranny cooler, King Coilovers, LR UCAs, Alcan 5 Leaf springs and Bilstein 5100s, Shrockworks front bumper, CBI rear bumper.
    I have this exact same rear slider. My factory slider started leaking around the slider seals, and they don't make replacement seals for factory sliders. Anyway, I bought this same window for $126. I also ordered their replacement seal for an additional 30 bucks, just to be on the safe side.

It took 5 minutes to pop the old window out and about 20 minutes to put the new one in. They include instructions. I did have to have my wife help me, but it went in pretty easy. I like the replacement slider, as it has a bigger opening to allow more air through when it is open. I haven't had any issues with it leaking, and if it ever does leak around the slider seals, the manufacturer sells replacement seals.

Products Discussed in

To Top