1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

(Aftermarket) Webasto TVS 940 ST Sunroof

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by tacomian devil, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Mar 15, 2009 at 4:29 PM
    tacomian devil

tacomian devil [OP] Canadian member

Member:
    LA Canada
    Vehicle:
    SexyBlack TRD Sport DC LB w/ heated leather
    Nerf bars, Alum Knight Grill, CatBack Exhaust, Bakflip G2 HD tonneau, Dynolock electric tailgate lock, Webasto TVS 940 ST 2 panel electric sunroof, VIPER 5901 Alarm/Remote start, 3M FX PREMIUM 5% tint on back seat & rear slider, 15% on front windows. Retrofited Morimoto Projector headlights in smoked lamp housings with 35W 5000K bulbs lit by Denso slim ballasts, Gatling Gun shrouds capped with 100mm Cold Cathode Fluorescent Light rings.
    To followup with a poll that I started, Got Sunroof?, I had this two-pane sunroof...

http://www.webastoshowroom.com/900info.html

installed in my 09 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab...

[​IMG]

The work was done in Calgary, AB,

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Tampa+Bay&1s=FL&2c=Calgary&2s=AB

:canada:

By....

http://www.cedesign.ca/

I live 2 hours from this city, so I left my vehicle there while attending a conference.

It took two full work days, and $2100 (~$1650 USD). According to Webasto USA, there are only two options for installers in Alberta. I was VERY apprehensive to cut a 2' x 3' HOLE in the roof of my first new ($40K) ride :goingcrazy:... especially after reading some of the comments on my Got Sunroof thread poll here on Tacoma World. You be the judge...

BEFORE...

[​IMG]

AFTER... :popcorn:

[​IMG]

:popcorn:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:yay:

and now, for a bit of a... :rant:

[​IMG]

It turned out exactly as I had hoped! I didn't lose any features or functioning of the ceiling console, and the ceiling light was just moved back a bit - NO problem.

Thanks to Dan and his team at CE Design! :yay:

When I dropped the vehicle off, it was -25 C (-13 F), but, conveniently, when I picked it up, it was +9 C (48 F, for you Americanos), so it was open all the way home for 2 hours :cool:

Go and get yours! :boink::thumbsup::cheers:
    Tacomian:devil::canada:

2. Mar 15, 2009 at 5:07 PM
    edwinalink

edwinalink robo-ninja

Member:
    utah
    Vehicle:
    Soma Groove
    Its a bicycle.
    this will be a MUST when i get my taco. unless the panoramic is back... then I'll get that.

i likes the open-ness of a jeep... just not anything else. so this will be a nice compromise.

3. Mar 15, 2009 at 5:15 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX/ Lawrence, KS
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5
    2007: Avid sliders, 30% front tint, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, blisten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scanguage, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload
    I'm so jealous! Looks great!

4. Mar 15, 2009 at 6:11 PM
    tdm156

tdm156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC 4x4 SR5**Sold
    That is great! The dual pane sunroof is great. We have it in one of our MINI's and just love it. That looks awesome! Keep us posted on any issues that you may or may not have. From the looks of it, it should be trouble free.

5. Apr 20, 2012 at 7:08 AM
    AnotherSilverTaco

AnotherSilverTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    2006 Double Cab 4x4
    CBI trailrider rear bumper, CBI Front Receiver, Warn M8000 Receiver Winch in Warn Multi-mount cradle
    How do they move the light back? Is it in the area now covered by the sunroof, and they just cut a new hole? Do they reuse any of the headliner or is it new material? Why the 2 vent looking things? Thanks for posting! Rep sent!

To Top