1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

air bag light on ???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rods55, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Mar 28, 2009 at 6:30 PM
    rods55

rods55 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    abingdon, maryland
    Vehicle:
    06 dc,4x4, LB, trd sport
    K&N drop in, tonneau cover, C2C hood struts, black out grill emblem, fog light mod, sec. air filter removal mod,2" front level kit, debadged
    has anyone had there air bag light come on, it's the one in the tach. cluster, mine's been on for two days now,( 06 with 91k on it)

2. Mar 28, 2009 at 6:31 PM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    That's a tad scary. Can picture the damn thing going off while you're just driving. I'd get that checked ASAFP man.

3. Mar 28, 2009 at 6:39 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Very few things make me say this- but get it looked at RIGHT AWAY. Like if you can not drive the truck until Monday morning- DON'T....and drive it straight to the shop/dealer you want to look at it.

If they go off when they shouldn't that would make a bad situation or they don't go off if god-forbid you need them- That would make a bad situation even worse.

Be careful until you get the situation resolved!!

4. Mar 28, 2009 at 6:45 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    do you have anything on the passager seat? not sure if toyota has this feature, but on some of the newer cars, if the passanger seat senses a certain weight on the seat, it automatically turns the airbag off on that side

5. Mar 28, 2009 at 6:56 PM
    foxracinfor20

foxracinfor20 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    doug
    easton md
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner lifted
    sway away 2.5 coilovers sway away race runner rear shocks pioneer avic d3 2 7 in monitors in headrest dvd memphis 10" sub memphis amp trd intake urd catback with magnaflow procomp wheels 33/12.50/17 angel eye projector halo headlights altezza tailights with led bulbs big blue balls hanging total chaos ucas cover king neoprene seat covers 7 led projector foglight
    i have same problem i was told its either a wire loose under the seat or the clock sprin g in the seat belt i was assured that the air bag will not deplot at all when this light is on its letting you know that the airbag is not functional not sure if you can get the light read to find out were the problem is i really have not worried about it after i was told it wont go off

6. Mar 28, 2009 at 6:58 PM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    are airbag failures stored as codes in the ECU? if so it would be really easy to hit Autozone and borrow their code scanner, see if it pinpoints it for you.

7. Mar 29, 2009 at 6:08 AM
    rods55

rods55 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    abingdon, maryland
    Vehicle:
    06 dc,4x4, LB, trd sport
    K&N drop in, tonneau cover, C2C hood struts, black out grill emblem, fog light mod, sec. air filter removal mod,2" front level kit, debadged
    it's the air bag light in with the tach. cluster, not for the passenger side

Products Discussed in

To Top