1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Air blowing out of face vents when set to floor

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Nacho Muchacho, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Feb 15, 2012 at 6:53 AM
    Nacho Muchacho

Nacho Muchacho [OP] Member

Member:
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Toytec OME lift 885 coils and TSB add a leaf. Light Racing upper control arms. CBI Sliders w/ kickouts. 265 75 16 Duratracs. Toyota bed mat and weathertech digifits
    Hello everyone,

I've been experiencing something strange from my climate controls. Air blows noticeably out of the left driver side and right passenger side face vents, but not the two center face vents, when the vent control is set to floor.

My guess would be either a linkage or actuator issue, but I can't recall if the symptoms have developed since new or if it's always performed this way.

After much searching I haven't found an exact answer to my problem or heard of anyone describing the same thing. So I'm asking to see if this is a common issue.

Does everyone experience this or is this a problem? If it is a problem, is there a known fix or an associated TSB? I am still under warranty.

Thanks for any help.

2. Feb 15, 2012 at 7:49 AM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    This is normal.

When set on defrost or floor it will still blow a little air out the side vents. I assume this is for defogging the side windows?

3. Feb 15, 2012 at 7:53 AM
    ZMan2k2

ZMan2k2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Calgary, Canada
    Vehicle:
    06 DC LB SR5
    This. I've always had this happen. When I set to defrost or floor, I aim the side vents at the side windows, to keep them clear.

4. Feb 15, 2012 at 9:16 AM
    Nacho Muchacho

Nacho Muchacho [OP] Member

Member:
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Toytec OME lift 885 coils and TSB add a leaf. Light Racing upper control arms. CBI Sliders w/ kickouts. 265 75 16 Duratracs. Toyota bed mat and weathertech digifits
    Thanks guys!!!

One less worry.

5. Feb 15, 2012 at 9:30 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    In your toyota book somewhere there is a description of how it all works

6. Feb 15, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    t4daddy

t4daddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner Double Cab
    Yeah, mines the same and it's a pain in the ass. I can't stand to have warm/hot air in my face. Don't mind it on my feet. I end up cracking my windows to pull out the air from those side vents. If I wanted to blend it, floor and face I'd make that setting, instead they tease you with the floor icon, and pump the shit in your face anyways.

To Top