1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Air Force Award

Discussion in 'Military' started by AFButters, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Nov 20, 2009 at 10:02 PM
    AFButters

AFButters [OP] Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    So the past few weeks my supervisors have been collecting information from me reguarding what i have done over the past 12 to 18 months.

The only information about what award I am being put in for is that I was selected by my squadron and my package will go up to the base level and we see what happens from there.

Well I was given the task of making a rough draft of my Bio...

I dont know all the details yet.. all i know is i spent tonight tracking down all the information of almost everything i can find from what i have since i joined the Air Force and made my bio...

All i need now is some people to read it tell me what they think.. (it is a rough draft.. not all the data is complete you will notic XXXX in place of numbers.)

So if anyone could please read this and help me out..

and when I find out exactly what award i am recieving I will let you all know.

2. Nov 20, 2009 at 10:04 PM
    AFButters

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    SENIOR AIRMAN JOHN G. LINDNER

AFSC: 2T251, Air Transportation Journeyman

SrA John G. Lindner was born in Clinton, MD on 04 February1985. He graduated from Frisco High School in Frisco, TX in 2003 prior to joining the Air Force. He enlisted in the Armed Forces on 23 August 2005 and upon graduation from basic military training at Lackland AFB, Texas, he was first assigned to the 3d Aerial Port Squadron at Pope AFB, North Carolina. He has been stationed at Pope AFB, since December 2005 and has served as a member of “Checkpoint” where he quickly mastered a multitude of aircraft loading techniques and cargo processing skills. While stationed at Pope AFB, SrA Lindner has participated in XXX JSOC Support Missions, XX JFEXs, Transported XXXX Tons of Cargo, and XXXXX Passengers, all of which has help contribute to 3d APS earning 3 Outstanding Unit Awards. SrA Lindner was tasked in June 2007 to deploy to Balad, Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and would be a key part of the meritorious unit award winning team. He worked as the Lead Cargo Processor, handling over 1500 Inbound Surface Pallets that were shipped from Balad to bases all over the AOR. Airman Lindner was also tasked to handle the location and correction of over 400 lost and frustrated pallets and TCNs errors, and assist in the recovery and recirculation of over 7000 Pallets and other AF assets saving the military over $8 Million dollars. He also worked as a liaison between the Army and Air Force by working to assist in the locating and distribution of cargo. On one specific occasion Airman Lindner located 2 mislabeled pallets of rations destined for a Small FOB. He corrected the information, increased their priority and insured the pallets made it out on the single C130 scheduled for the FOBs location, preventing the soldiers from going without rations over the long weekend. While deployed to Balad, Airman Lindner wrote and illustrated a step by step continuity book of how the cargo processing procedure works on the then new Web Gates system. He would brief the basics of this procedure to Major General Holland on his visit to Balad to check how the new procedures where going into affect. After returning from his deployment to Balad in January 2008 he would be personally selected to re-deploy to Al Dhafra AB, UAE in July 2008 to handle the Cargo Processing duties for his 12 man meritorious unit award winning deployment team. While deployed to Al Dhafra, he would handle over XXX tons of inbound and outbound cargo and passengers. Provide cargo support to Allied Forces during the Iron Falcon Air Combat Training during which XXXX sorties were flown. Airman Lindner also worked closely with the Special Handling personal to help insure the proper upload of several high priority cargo missions. These would include XX helium trailers sent to Baghdad and Bagram AB to directly support the soldiers on the front lines. The successful upload of a damaged U2 reconnaissance aircraft onto a C-17 Cargo plane, a tasked only performed for the second time in history. He would also personally work with civilian contractors from Al Udeid to upgrade and maintain a 100% accountability rate of RFITV tracking of all cargo and help improve the Leased vehicle tracking monitors installed on the base. Although Airman Lindner has come to accomplish many things while on duty, it is his off duty accomplishments which he is most proud of. Since joining the military he has completed over 1300 hours of community service, from working with habitat for humanity, to mentoring youths in the DEFY Program, and being a stellar member of 3d APS in its assistance to the Pope AFB Elementary school, Operation Toy Drop and the Cricket Ticket Program. He also makes it a point when he goes home on leave to visit some of the elementary schools where he grew up. Where he enjoys reading to the younger students and talks at the morning assembly to the older students about positive morals and represents the Air Force’s core values. Within the squadron Airman Lindner works as the sports representative to ensure information regarding the intramural sports leagues, other fitness and service activities are distributed throughout the squadron. He also worked as the Assistant coach for the softball team, and was the squadron POC for the bases Family Fun Day. Finally Airman Lindner has completed 50 credit hours since joining the military successfully passing 9 CLEP Tests, and maintaining a 3.8 GPA in the classroom. He recently received his CCAF for Applied Sciences in Transportation and is currently pursuing dual Bachelor’s degrees, BA in Transportation and Logistics Management from AMU and a BS in Social Studies with a focus in History from Campbell University.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pope AFB 2005-2010
    Outstanding Unit Awards (x3)
    JSOC Support Missions
    Cargo XXX Tons
    Passengers XXX
    Vehicle/OJT Trainer

Deployments
    Balad Iraq
    June 2007-Jan 2008
    Meritorious Unit Award
    (Head Cargo Processor)
    In-checked over 1500 Inbound Surface Pall,
    Recovered 7000+ Pallets, Nets and Air Force Assets worth over $XX Million dollars
    Wrote and Illustrated Cargo Continuity Book for use with new Web Gates System
    Located and corrected over 400 Problem Pallets and TCNs errors within the local system
    August 2007: Located, Raised Priority and got 2 Pallets of Rations in route to Small FOB for Army Personal that had been without rations for 4 days.
    October 2007: Briefed Major General Holland on Cargo Processing Procedures
    Squadron Water Monitor September 07 – January 07

Al Dhafra, UAE
    July 2008- Jan 2009
    Meritorious Unit Award
    Head Cargo Processor/ATOC /Ramp
    Handled XXX Tons Outbound
    Handled XXX Tons Inbound
    100% RFITV Tagging of Cargo
    Loaded U2 Aircraft on C17, only second time in history
    Iron Falcon Support of XXX Sorties
    Uploaded/Downloaded XX Helium Trailers

Volunteer (1300+ Hours)

Volunteer (Community)
    DEFY (2009) 185 Hours
    3d APS/Pope Elementary (2005-2009) XX Hours
    Habitat for Humanity (2006, 2007) XX Hours
    Operation Toy Drop (2006, 2009)
    Read to students elementary school students (Frisco, TX while home on leave) (2006-2009)
    Spoke to students in 3 elementary school assembly (Frisco, TX while home on leave) (2006-2009)

Volunteer (Base/Squadron)
    3d APS Sports Rep (2009)
    - Softball Assistant Coach (2009)
    - Family Fun Day POC/Softball Coach (2009)
    Cricket Ticket (1000 Hours) (2008-2009)
    FTAC Deployment Panel Speaker (6 Classes) (2008-2009)

College/Education (2005-2009)
    CLEP’d 31 College Credits
    Maintained a 3.8 GPA (Classes Taken)
    Earned CCAF Applied Science in Transportation (2009)
    Earned 72 Credits AMU Bachelors of Arts Logistics and Transportation Management
    Earned 60 Credits Campbell University Bachelors of Science Social Studies

3. Nov 20, 2009 at 10:41 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    i gotta go otherwise i'd read it over...bump for ya

4. Nov 21, 2009 at 12:43 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    looks like standard shit for an AFAM

5. Nov 21, 2009 at 1:05 AM
    VenomTaco88

VenomTaco88 Just Got Engaged!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Mtn Home AFB, ID
    Vehicle:
    Love my Venom Taco
    K&N cold air intake, Full Double Wall stainless steel Megaflow exhaust, custom nerf bars
    ur based in charelston thats funny im deployed with a bunch of those guys now were all cops of course but thats kinda cool

6. Nov 21, 2009 at 1:09 AM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    i'm not stationed in chas. i'm ANG for NC. hoover over the AF icon for details

7. Nov 21, 2009 at 1:39 AM
    AFButters

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    its not just an AFAM.. from what i have heard is its somethin of the year

8. Nov 21, 2009 at 2:00 AM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    AF started a doucher of the year award???? lol maybe AOM/AOQ/AOY

9. Nov 21, 2009 at 3:57 AM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    It's that time of the year where they put folks in for Airman, NCO, SNCO of the year. YOu should ask your supervisor what award you are going up for. From what I quickly read over, you have too much stuff in your Bio. The Bio for an award should be limited to where you're from and what assignements you've had. All the extrenious details about the duties you did at each station need to either be scrubbed for importance, or removed all together. What your units accomplished are irrelevant as well. Your supervisor, or your Flight Chief should have a template. Most Bio's are no more than a page long and that's normally for Company Grade officer's and SNCO's. YOu might want to scale it back to around half a page. If you send me a PM with the Bio in a word doc, I'll help you edit it.

10. Nov 21, 2009 at 4:32 AM
    bishtacova

bishtacova Don't buy a Ford

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC PreRunner V6
    4 leaf TSB, reflash ECM, Eurostyle antenna, thule roof rack, bed extender
    I agree, too much info, should be limited to what a person would read going up in an elevator, be brief and to the point.

11. Nov 21, 2009 at 4:35 AM
    AFButters

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    well i am glad this is just a rough draft then.. my Tsgt is gonna clean it up for me and submit it with my award package...

the example he gave me was just about a page.. but it was from the start of the persons career till the present

12. Nov 21, 2009 at 4:54 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Looks good for a first draft :thumbsup:
    When we did this in the army it was more on the lines of what SS&Hodge said (AoY/M/Q). If the person got it, they usually also got a AAM too.
    The specifics outlined in the top paragraph help write the award citation.
    Good Luck! :)

13. Nov 21, 2009 at 5:52 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Concur about it being a bit long. You made a page+ out of a 4 year career- For an actual award or commendation citation your writing is a good start. In this case, knowing what you are being put in for would have helped you focus your writing.
    You also used "He (insert verb here)..." alot.

Sorry if it seems I'm being critical- I spent a LOT of time writing and processing awards at my last unit- so I know a thing or two about them. The good part about all the stuff you wrote is that your TSgt and everyone else will have more than enuf to work with in order to trim it down to fit what they want. And for coming from someone who I'm guessing hasn't written a lot fo awards- It was a good first attempt. I've seen O3s that can write that well when asked!!

14. Nov 21, 2009 at 5:54 AM
    AFButters

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    its all good.. i have also reliezed.. that Im not the one writig the Final Draft.. my TSgt is.. so ill give me a rough draft and let him finish up.. but ill def try to clean it up a little first

15. Nov 21, 2009 at 10:57 AM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    also when i was in, AOY had to get AOM and AOQ....also the NCOIC was the one to write it completely...sounds like a lazy boss

16. Nov 21, 2009 at 1:33 PM
    AFButters

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    i stopped in at work to try to find some numbers to fill in.. and stumbled across my two award packages on the drive there not finished yet.. but they were basicly the same but it didnt say exactly what for but they are not things for the just the squadron they are set to be sent up to the base and command level

17. Nov 25, 2009 at 4:47 PM
    AFButters

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    I found out what I have been put in for.

AMC Aerial Port Freight Professional of the Year

&

AF Transportation Airman of the Year

18. Nov 25, 2009 at 5:07 PM
    jrw1965

jrw1965 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Southern Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '08 dbl cab long bed 4 x 4
    Front tint, Stainless steel nerf bars, Leer tonneau, Rear spring TSB, Michelin LTX A/T2 265 70 16, Pioneer AVIC X910 so far
    A bit long, however get the numbers and fill them in. Give this to your supervisor, they can put it into bullet format and tweek it from there. Then it will go to the squadren level and get bled on some more before going into your package. Good luck. Sounds like youll do well

19. Nov 25, 2009 at 5:09 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    i still think u have a lazy as shit boss. supervisors are responsible for AOY boards...etc, promotion paperwork, skill level progression and everything else that is entailed in these things. its one thing to supply them with bullets for the papers...its another thing to write them

20. Nov 25, 2009 at 5:11 PM
    jrw1965

jrw1965 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Southern Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '08 dbl cab long bed 4 x 4
    Front tint, Stainless steel nerf bars, Leer tonneau, Rear spring TSB, Michelin LTX A/T2 265 70 16, Pioneer AVIC X910 so far
    Sorry, just noticed prof. and amn of the year. So get rid of everything that didnt happen in the last year

Products Discussed in

To Top