1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Airbag and Tube Bumper Compatibility

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tacoman101, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Jun 14, 2010 at 5:53 PM
    tacoman101

tacoman101 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    vermont
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma sr5 xtra cab 4wd
    blue led headlights, 285/75/16 grabber AT2's, custom pedals, custom shifter, flowmaster 40 series muffler, bedlinered fender flares, 2.5" lift kit via shackles and spacers, custom exhaust out the back, chrome exhaust tip, and Herculined bed, Weathertech floormats, Cabelas Trail Gear Camo Seat Covers ... Nice thing was I got the truck for $4000
    If I get a Front Tube Bumper, will it screw with my Airbag sensors. Will I still be able to have Airbags? Thanks ahead of time

2. Jun 14, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    BRP27

BRP27 When I grow up I want to be just like Me

Member:
    So far south in Texas my feet are in salt water
    Vehicle:
    04 4X4 Tacoma SR5
    3 in Ultimate ToyTec, set @ 2.5 in. AAL PINCH Weld Mod ( beat the pinch weld over inside the fender) Painted the pinch weld on bottom of cab Black Hi Lift Knock off
    The sensors are not on the bumper and the crush difference between a tube and a stock bumper is not an issue. So no difference IMO

3. Jun 14, 2010 at 6:25 PM
    tacoman101

tacoman101 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    vermont
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma sr5 xtra cab 4wd
    blue led headlights, 285/75/16 grabber AT2's, custom pedals, custom shifter, flowmaster 40 series muffler, bedlinered fender flares, 2.5" lift kit via shackles and spacers, custom exhaust out the back, chrome exhaust tip, and Herculined bed, Weathertech floormats, Cabelas Trail Gear Camo Seat Covers ... Nice thing was I got the truck for $4000
    nice, as long as i don't have to deal with any sensors when i install it, it'll be good. Also, I'm thinking of getting the Avid bumper, mainly because of the price. Does anyone have any pics of this bumper mounted on there tacomas

Products Discussed in

To Top