1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Airsoft

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Map06TRD, Feb 5, 2008.

1. joedirt

joedirt Revived and BACK baby!

Member:
    Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Off-Road 4x
    SockMonkey Originals
  2. tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell o Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '13 Silverado ext cab
    thatta girl janster:D!!!! aint nothing wrong with full out camo or rednecking up!!!;)

3. danusa

danusa Well-Known Member

Member:
    I remember that. We kids shot thousands of BB`s and pellets. And our eyes were good enough to track them out of the bbl. shooting arial targets.
    I can`t see a .308 bullet. But I know where it is going still.

4. Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
    I didn't get any pictures!! Dag nabbit! :D

It was pretty cool & I'd do it again. I've got this zit-looking blemish on my cheek from getting hit. It didn't hurt and never thought it'd leave a mark. :eek:

We shoot with a PA group... They only play at legal sanctioned fields (Paintball fields). Your guns have to be chrono'd and must be below 400FPS with .020 BB's. Depending on your FPS of your gun - you have minimum engagement distances to comply with. You're not allowed to shoot someone close up -as that can hurt.

I was doing pretty good....making shots, crawling around in the dirt...
    The one scenario - I got shot in the leg. Which - according to their rules, your leg is un-usable. So - I crawled on my elbows. :eek:

Boy...my legs are surely hurtin' today!!

5. Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
    Bump! Any more airsofters out there?
    Here's me last weekend....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm such a dork! :p:D

6. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Tallahassee FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    265/75/16 BFG A/T, 18" Magnaflow, K&N Intake Filter, Ultra-Gauge, Kobalt Toolbox, Metal Tail Light Guards, Cobra 19 and 4ft fiberglass antenna, Plasti dipped Badges/lower valance/rear bumper/grill/bullbar/ac controls, black DIN kit, JVC KD-X40, Wet Suit Seat Covers
    Paintball:

I have a Tippmann 98c that I've had for years. Great gun.

7. DREAD

DREAD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pocatello, ID
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD, lifted, shelled, etc.
    265/75/16 Toyo Open Country m/T, FabTech 3.5" Lift
  8. Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
  9. DREAD

DREAD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pocatello, ID
    Vehicle:
    This small town I live in has this place that I bought my AEG from. They are really into events and upgrades. It's pretty cool!

http://www.gotadrenalin.com/

I guess there is a pretty serious community that these folks are fostering. They are more into paintball, but the airsoft community is catching up.

10. MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Port Hueneme
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco
    +1 on the paintball

11. Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    I've never done paintball myself but from what I hear (and have seen on the skin of friends) that is hurts like hell and leaves HUGE welts.

Airsoft doesn't hurt - it stings slightly if you get hit pretty close-up. It can leave welts, but they're little and don't swell up. I'm old...and can't handle the pain. :D

The group I shoot with has strict rules of different fps & footage. You can't shoot an automatic gun any hotter than 400fps and engagement distance is 25 feet I believe.

12. MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Port Hueneme
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco
    It hurts if you're just standing there and your buddy pops you unexpectedly..but when you're out on the field and the adrenaline is going you don't notice it too much. I usually play with dickies pants and a t-shirt, and a face mask of course

13. c0b2a

c0b2a The Professional

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    OME Shocks front and rear, 886 Coils w/ TC UCA, AAL, extended rear brake lines, ARB deluxe bull bar, aFe filter, 265-75-16rl BFG ATs
    don't get into Airsoft.... airsoft is for posers, get a paintball gun or get a real gun.

14. Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Too late - already doing it! And I have a few real guns.

Like I said, I'm old and don't like the pain.....so paintball is out.

Venting frustrations and shooting at people is actually fun. Can't do that with real guns. :D

15. DREAD

DREAD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pocatello, ID
    Vehicle:
    Posers??? How many M4's do you own?

To Top