1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alabama Area TUNING SERVICES - Custom Calibrations, Overlander 7.0

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Boltripper, Mar 3, 2021.

1. May 2, 2021 at 10:17 PM
    PapaRee

PapaRee Pro Tuner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kreg
    Prairieville, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black TRD Sport, Tuned, BHLM OEM LEDs
    GTS Dobinson's lift-2.75", 33"-Wildpeak Atw3-18x9 -6 Offset ,265/70/18 tires, Raceline Assault wheels, Backflip G2 bed cover, Magnaflow exhaust, Pro tail lights, Pro fog lights, Pro grille, Raptor grille lights, Predator side steps, RedLine Hood Struts, Toyota bedmat, tinted windows, Retrofitted-BHLM-Amber Halo-Amber DRL-HID headlights, LED Highbeams, LED Hood Scoop lightbar, LED hidden bumper lightbar, LED under hood light, LED Bed lights, LED license plate lights, Tacoma tailgate 3d letters, Tacoma glovebox 3D letters, removed air dam, Custom TRD Sport emblems, Pro Shift Knob with Meso ECT Stealth button, Meso LED dome and map lights, Meso V3 smoked mirror turn signals, Meso Stage 2 Tail lights, Meso Mirror Puddle lights, Meso KC-5 Brake/Cargo light, Meso center console bucket with OG lid, Tailgate PNP kit, Garage door opener button in overhead console, Meso Minimalist keyfobs, Matte black Pro hood decal, KTJO4x4 Led door handle LED lights, Pioneer 6x9 3 way front speakers, Rockford Fosgate 6.75' rear speakers, TacoTunes tweeters, AJT black vent rings, JDM Gas cap cover.
    Phillip,
    This is awesome to hear! John @Boltripper is a great guy and very knowledgeable and thorough.
    Glad you like the tune, thanks for the feedback and review!

Boltripper[OP] likes this.
  2. May 3, 2021 at 11:16 AM
    Boltripper

Boltripper [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hoover, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Off Road Access Cab A/T in MGM
    Khaya Camper with Custom Mods - BP-51's, 4.88's, 33's', Dissent Offroad Front and Rear with Bud Built on the sides...

Phillip -

Thank you so much for taking the time to come to Birmingham and also to write this up.. I really appreciate your trust and support.. Please enjoy!

John

3. May 3, 2021 at 11:26 AM
    TacoJeff19

TacoJeff19 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    19' DCSB OR
    OVtune, ADM, Hurst Short Throw.
    Is this tune offered for trucks with the 6 speed manual trans?

PapaRee likes this.
  4. May 3, 2021 at 11:37 AM
    Boltripper

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hoover, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Khaya Camper with Custom Mods - BP-51's, 4.88's, 33's', Dissent Offroad Front and Rear with Bud Built on the sides...
    Yes Sir!

Plenty of benefits for the manuals as well.

John

PapaRee likes this.
  5. May 4, 2021 at 10:45 AM
    Boltripper

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hoover, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Super Sharp 2016 that had continued issues of gear hunting and throttle lag. The latest TSB was already in the truck and it really never helped the clients concerns, so after some consultation with the client we decided on the KDMax 6.0 ..

The test drive is always the best part for me, just seeing the smiles and even laughter lets me know we are doing right by the client. Another happy Tacoma owner!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

INKEDUP and PapaRee like this.
  6. May 5, 2021 at 12:38 PM
    Boltripper

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hoover, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Overland Tailor Tuning - Birmingham, Alabama

I know fuel economy is very subjective and we make no promises about it, but I wanted to share an experience that my client in the picture below had with his MGM 2020 after being upgraded from Kruiser 4.0 to the new KDMax tune.

The below photos are 2 different 100 miles splits after running the KDMax.. the truck is a 2020 AT with 33" tires and a 2.5" Lift... Stock gearing and no additional weight. He stated he was driving an average of 72 mph and this was from Birmingham, AL to Atlanta and down to Brunswick, GA.

I understand that this is not hilly terrain, but its just one example of my clients being stoked about what this tune has to offer... Your Mileage will vary !!!

Cheers,

John~

[​IMG]

PapaRee likes this.
  7. May 5, 2021 at 7:35 PM
    mfwilson19

mfwilson19 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport, Red
    I have been driving on the KDMax 6.0 Tune for a couple of weeks now and can say that making the choice to go this route with the KDMax over the Kruiser tune was well worth it! Everything from the shift points to acceleration and deceleration is vastly improved and I am so very impressed. That's just the tune, though. I couldn't have asked for a more positive experience working with John through the process. This isn't some guy looking to make some side change flashing tunes. He knows his stuff and has the experience to back it up. Starting from a thorough checklist to ensure everything was in order before performing the tune, to taking a solid test drive to ensure the truck was performing as it should, John made sure he did everything he could to ensure I was satisfied with the tune.

If you are on the fence about whether or not you should get the tune, you won't find a more knowledgeable and friendly guy to make sure all your questions and hesitations are answered.

Thanks, John!

Rainoffire and PapaRee like this.
  8. May 5, 2021 at 7:42 PM
    Boltripper

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hoover, Alabama
    Vehicle:

Matthew -

So glad you are loving the tune and thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write the review.. Appreciate your trust and support.

Kind regards,

John

PapaRee likes this.
  9. May 7, 2021 at 4:13 PM
    Boltripper

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hoover, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma in for an updated TSB and the KDMax 6.0 Performance Tune. Again, seeing complaints with shifting and power in the stock calibration.

Took time to explain the procedure and as always using best practices for flashing both the TSB and new Calibration.

Typical test drive with the client laughing when just leaving the driveway.. He was so pleased with the results and so were we..
    We monitored AFR's, Knock, Torque Converter Locking, Shift Points, All Temperatures and Ignition Advance to name just a few.. The truck loved the tune...

INKEDUP and PapaRee like this.
  10. May 8, 2021 at 5:20 AM
    TacoJeff19

TacoJeff19 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    19' DCSB OR
    OVtune, ADM, Hurst Short Throw.
    So I have been tuned with OVtune for a while. Had the early 2.0 release and it was decent. Then a member of the forum (can't remember his name) made me a custom tune. I saw a big boost in my mpg with this tune. Both tunes have been full Otto cycle. My truck is all stock as far as wheels and tires go.

My biggest issue I have with my truck are that sometime under acceleration it will "bounce" before it actually begins to pull. And on the interstate it will struggle to pull a hill in 6th gear but it accelerates perfectly on flat ground in 6th.

11. May 8, 2021 at 5:45 AM
    Boltripper

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hoover, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Jeff - will connect with DM and discuss how we can help..

Thanks,

John

12. May 10, 2021 at 1:35 PM
    Boltripper

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hoover, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma in for a TSB Update and the KDMax tune.

I love to see the working trucks coming in to to get tuned.. Calibration is not just for people looking for performance from their truck, it also makes for a great daily driver.. Linear throttle response, smoother shifting and no more gear hunting and 4th gears hangs are only some of the benefits.

IMG_1049.jpg IMG_1048.jpg

TWTaco and PapaRee like this.
  13. May 14, 2021 at 3:26 PM
    Boltripper

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hoover, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD in today for the KDMax Performance Tune.. Even though the truck had the latest TSB, the client was still not happy with the shifting..

All that was corrected today !

[​IMG]

TWTaco likes this.
  14. May 15, 2021 at 5:19 PM
    Boltripper

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hoover, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Nice 2019 Tacoma in today for a custom Calibration.

Spent time with the client seeing exactly what his goals were for the truck and what driving style and terrain he was using the truck for.

After a few tune changes he settled on what he liked the best with regard to shift points, torque converter locking & unlocking and driveability.
    While we have some amazing canned tunes, I have several clients this week looking at specific custom tuning.

Definitely worth the extra effort to give them exactly what they want.

IMG_1110.jpg
    The client also gave me some custom laser engraved gifts with our logo !! What a great surprise to end a great day of calibrating.

Check out StateLineEngravingLLC on FB & IG.... High Quality Stuff

IMG_1105.jpg

15. May 17, 2021 at 8:24 AM
    mstewart75

mstewart75 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement TRD Sport w/ XP Predator Package
    John did a fantastic job on my Tacoma. The performance difference is very noticeable during take off, as well as highway speeds. He was very professional and detail oriented. The whole process took about 45 minutes. I highly recommend his services!

TWTaco, INKEDUP and PapaRee like this.
  16. May 17, 2021 at 9:22 AM
    Boltripper

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hoover, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Andy -

Thanks for the trust and support.. It was great meeting you both.

Regards,

John

17. May 17, 2021 at 10:58 AM
    INKEDUP

INKEDUP New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    Vehicle:
    '18 White tacoma XP
    Quick update: After getting the tune a few weeks ago, I finally had a good long road trip to Oklahoma. 1965 miles total, averaged 18.5mpg on the interstate cruising at mostly 80-85mph, 20.1mpg on the areas when I couldn't get over 65mph. And handled the hills like a dream. :thumbsup:

TWTaco, Boltripper[OP] and PapaRee like this.
  18. May 25, 2021 at 6:43 PM
    Boltripper

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hoover, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Had a chance to do some remote tuning in the Florida Panhandle last week. Great looking 2018 on 35's really liked the new KDMax Performance Tune.

Contact us for more information and to set up your tuning session.

19. May 26, 2021 at 6:42 PM
    Boltripper

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hoover, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Overland Tailor Tuning - Birmingham, AL

Had the opportunity to tune a sharp 2020 TRD Tacoma with the new KDMax Performance Tune. The client was really stoked to see how smooth his Tacoma could drive.

Contact us for onsite remote tuning at your location.

20. May 29, 2021 at 5:27 PM
    Boltripper

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hoover, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Spent some time this morning dialing in this sharp 2019 Toyota Tacoma..

It's always exciting to get a client referral and give them a custom calibration made to their individual driving preferences.

Contact us for a personalized calibration or the new KDMax Performance Tune !!

[​IMG]

TWTaco, INKEDUP and PapaRee like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top