1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alabama thread!

Discussion in 'Alabama' started by Davtopgun, May 18, 2009.

1. Oct 9, 2011 at 2:56 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

SuthrnTaco07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement Tundra Limited
    None
  2. Oct 10, 2011 at 8:26 AM
    TacoAlaMode

TacoAlaMode Mr. Midlife Crisis

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    10 DC LB MG 4X4 TRD Sport
    Icon Ext Coilover, Alcan Rear springs, Demello 3-Hoop Bumper and RockCrusher Sliders, Full tint 360', WeatherTech Floor liners and rainguards, Debadged, In Cabin 110 with 400w anytime, Diff breather mod
    Kyle, do you want me to have your grill painted? I just need to mount the mesh and maybe throw a primer coat on it and it should be done.

3. Oct 10, 2011 at 9:15 AM
    SuthrnTaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    None
    Nah.. Don't worry about the paint.. I guess go ahead and primer it to check for final smoothness but after the primer coat i'll take care of it from there. I really appreciate it Brian! I thought I would have the patience but being that i'm still in an apartment made things difficult! So once I move into my house you guys can expect good things!

Expect a meet at my place at the beginning of the year for everyone!

4. Oct 10, 2011 at 3:10 PM
    TacoAlaMode

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    Icon Ext Coilover, Alcan Rear springs, Demello 3-Hoop Bumper and RockCrusher Sliders, Full tint 360', WeatherTech Floor liners and rainguards, Debadged, In Cabin 110 with 400w anytime, Diff breather mod
    There are plenty of chemicals that are pretty potent that you have to deal with. I wouldn't want to be messing with them in my house. Primer is on, need to wet sand a couple of places and cut your mesh. What days are you off?

The beginning of the year is to long for a meet. We need to schedule one here maybe at the beginning of November.

5. Oct 10, 2011 at 3:17 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    None
    Yeah that was the main reason I had to stop messing with it! My apartment smelled like bondo for a week straight (possibly longer)! I'm off tomorrow and Wednesday but I won't have the money to give you till Friday.. I have the main plastic piece at my apartment if you want me to bring it over. I have a Racquet ball match tomorrow night at 5pm and then Wednesday I think I'm hanging with big Will! So we can try to find time somewhere in there to get this transaction completed! You know I'm good for my money! LOL!

That'd be good for me! I'll take off for it! I should have my twin stick done by then!

Paul if you don't make it up here in time that's fine. I should be able to do it myself.. LOL! I told Tasha yesterday that her cup holder will be gone by the end of the month and she was like "WHY!?" So I know she's going to miss it! LOL!

6. Oct 10, 2011 at 3:37 PM
    TacoAlaMode

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    I wouldn't join the 2 pieces until after you get them painted. You can bring the top part by, it needs to be wet sanded with 800 grit before going to the paint shop. I still need to get some fender washers too.

When will you be ready to work on the twin stick? We could try to set it up for that project instead.

7. Oct 10, 2011 at 3:56 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    None
    I'm just going to paint it all satin black probably.. I kinda like the look of a black grill.

Well to be honest not sure.. I know I have to pick up the T-case sometime this week, then once I unbolt my T-case I have to send it off (I'm trading my stock t-case for the twin stick kit). So my truck will be out of commission for a few days then, while i'm waiting i'll open my fj case do the mod and when the kit gets in i'll add the sticks and the spring then bolt it up..

OR

I could do all the modding and bolt it up! Then when my twin stick kit get in we add the extra spring and twin sticks. So it will be 2 different meets..

If you'd rather help me actually mod the case (it won't hurt one bit to have a modded case and a single stick) and bolt it up then we can meet towards next week time frame.

If you want to help me do it all I could swap out my FJ case with my stock case (No modding to the case at all) then when my twin stick case comes in I drop the FJ case open it up, mod it, add the twin stick, mod my interior, and then bolt it all back up in one final swoop! So it is all up to you guys if ya'll want to help. If not I can do it on my own most likely with just the help of Will! LOL! That would be closer to the end of the month..

Paul.. Football schedule please when is the next away game?

8. Oct 11, 2011 at 8:04 AM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    Next away game is the weekend after this one. I got the job in huntsville so I'm trying to spend all my time in Auburn that I can because I may have to leave school early to work.

Kinda strange how life comes at you so fast. I'm definitely not prepared.

9. Oct 11, 2011 at 11:28 AM
    Treedawg37

Treedawg37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    Central, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma DC 4X4 SR5 SB,
    BHLM, tinted tails, weathertech mats & visors, sportsman"s camo seat covers, diff breather mod.
    wait till your 40!

10. Oct 11, 2011 at 12:51 PM
    FlawedXJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    I bet. The older I get, the more my parents were right. Funny how that works. Sounds like a country song.

11. Oct 11, 2011 at 3:08 PM
    TacoAlaMode

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    My brother is your age Paul, I find it very funny the things I try to tell him and that he just ignores.

12. Oct 11, 2011 at 3:26 PM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun [OP] Weeeee mod time!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    x2

13. Oct 11, 2011 at 3:41 PM
    FlawedXJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    haha, if anything, he should listen to his brother more than his parents. My brother is 40 and is definitely more of a kid than I am. Sometime's I hear his stories and I think "thats something I might have done my freshman year." Maybe that makes me an old man....

14. Oct 11, 2011 at 6:10 PM
    GotLift37

GotLift37 Bangers Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    North East AL
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner 4WD
    2.5" front lift (leeper coilover) 1" body 16" Dick Cepek DC1 Black/polished 295/75/16 General Grabber AT2 Tinted Taillights 5% tint OEM Acura TSX HID Retrofit White LED dash light conversion WMW roof rack
    everyone has to grow up some point in there life. some learn the hard way.

15. Oct 11, 2011 at 7:28 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    None
    Still learning but I know I've had some decent fuck ups and its good to have people behind you to support you when you fall! I tip my hat to the people out there that do all the growing up on their own with out anyone to bail them out or help get them back on their feet! I realize I am very fortunate and that's one thing that keeps my level headed.. I even get disgusted at the people who have it all handed to them and they think that's the way it should be and never do anything about doing things on their own!

Anyways, Paul you better not be a stranger when you get back in town!

Well I'll just do the "FULL" install option.. I might be picking it up tomorrow and try to put it in over the weekend and then once my Conversion kit comes in we'll set up a full install day!

16. Oct 11, 2011 at 7:40 PM
    Rebel Taco 22

Rebel Taco 22 mall crawler

Member:
    Let me know when you are going to the install, I would like to be there to help and watch.

17. Oct 11, 2011 at 9:28 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    None
    Will do bud! Might have a few more things for that install also! LOL!

Hey Brian you mind if I bring my grill shroud over tomorrow? I can just drop it off if you want..

18. Oct 11, 2011 at 9:49 PM
    TacoAlaMode

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    That is fine. I'll text you when I get home.

19. Oct 12, 2011 at 5:07 AM
    TacoFMS

TacoFMS Bubble bubble bubble pop

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Just a vehicle to take trash to the dump
    One or two things modded... Check out the build thread
    yes kyle give plenty of heads up on when you decide to do your install. that way i can try to make plans to get up there. if its on a saturday i know i wouldnt be able to make it until late. but a sunday would be good, plus hopefully i will have my uca's by then and brian can show me how not to mount them upside down..........HA!!!!!!!!! jk

20. Oct 12, 2011 at 5:25 AM
    dtingle

dtingle Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    TUSCALOOSA, AL
    great thread, im in, im from Tuscaloosa AL. Roll tide!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top