1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alabama thread!

Discussion in 'Alabama' started by Davtopgun, May 18, 2009.

1. Sep 17, 2018 at 7:13 AM
    yota243

yota243 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    turbo 05 prerunner trd off road DC
    Bw s256 turbo with 3 in glass pack dumped pre axle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front . C channel front bumper. Maxxis bighorn 255/85/16
    Charleigh wanted to do a video all by herself and it's hilarious; will be out Wednesday
    upload_2018-9-17_9-13-22.jpg

baldridge, rmepilot and pat's taco like this.
  2. Sep 17, 2018 at 7:15 AM
    T4golfR

T4golfR Golf dad > Soccer mom

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    HSV, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 T4R
    Golf club accommodation mods
    No not at all I wasn't mad at anyone! Complete strangers helped my sister get in my house to take care of my kid, so no anger towards any of them. I thanked them and offered to by the guy a case of beer to his liking but he said no and he was just glad they were there to help. They literally swept up and vacuumed everything, including my back patio to make sure my dog wouldn't find any glass as well. Awesome awesome people! The only time I got angry was when I saw the price of the door I had to buy, haha! Mother eff exterior metal doors with full length windows are NOT cheap!

Yea, if we weren't planning on moving from this house as soon as well can afford to I would invest in stuff like that. Needless to say, but the next house will have something of the sort "just in case"

3. Sep 17, 2018 at 9:21 AM
    BamaTaco56

BamaTaco56 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Aright. Who is up for a Friday run?

Thus far, it will be @JBTacoma, Chris, and myself.

Place not set, but thinking Choccolocco. I haven’t been to stoney lonesome yet, but don’t know if it is even worth going to with Choccolocco only being 30 minutes further. Thoughts?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  4. Sep 17, 2018 at 10:00 AM
    FourBanger99

FourBanger99 4 Banger Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bayne
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2012 Black Tacoma 2.7 AC SR5 4x4
    Full OME Suspension CB Diff Breather Duratracs
    Interested, what time are y’all headed out? And what kinda trails?

5. Sep 17, 2018 at 10:18 AM
    Jerneyman

Jerneyman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD OffRoad 4x4
    **Armor** Home Fabbed Hybrid Front Bumper Home Fabbed Rock Sliders Home Fabbed IFS Skid Plate Home Fabbed Mid Skid Plate Home Fabbed Transfer Case Skid Home Fabbed High Clearance Rear Bumper **Suspension** ADS Front Coilovers (Extended Travel, 700lb coils, Remote Resi) Total Chaos UCAs Chevy 63 Swap w/ custom shock hoops 14" Bilstein 7100s **Wheels/ Tires** Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers Front/Rear TRD Rock Warrior Wheels 285/75/16 BFG KO2s **Electrical** Pelfreybilt Auxiliary Fuse/Relay Panel Blue Sea Fuse Box Bussman 100 AMP Breaker **Recovery** Smittybilt 9.5k Winch **Lights** 20 Inch Single Row LED Bar Rigid Side Shooters (Flood/Pair) w/ CBI Offroad Ditch Light Brackets Rigid Duallys, Amber for fog lights **Miscelaneous Mods** Rear Diff Breather Relocation RAM Mount A-Pillar Mod w/ Garmin Power Cable DRT Fabrication Cab Mount Relocation Pinch Weld Mod (Mini Sledge Special) Short Rise Bed Bar for Tire Storage/ Hi-Lift Mount
    Well my father in law is in the hospital again. Round 2 of chemo is messing him up pretty bad. It’s dried his skin out all over to the point it’s bleeding. Seems to be a combination of the chemo, the cancer itself and other infections on top of all that. I’ll find out more tonight. Don’t know any details past that. Cancer sucks.

6. Sep 17, 2018 at 10:18 AM
    stronghammer

stronghammer STTDB

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 4WD
    ugh F cancer. keep us updated again man. hate to hear that.

rmepilot and Jerneyman[QUOTED] like this.
  7. Sep 17, 2018 at 10:30 AM
    Jerneyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    **Armor** Home Fabbed Hybrid Front Bumper Home Fabbed Rock Sliders Home Fabbed IFS Skid Plate Home Fabbed Mid Skid Plate Home Fabbed Transfer Case Skid Home Fabbed High Clearance Rear Bumper **Suspension** ADS Front Coilovers (Extended Travel, 700lb coils, Remote Resi) Total Chaos UCAs Chevy 63 Swap w/ custom shock hoops 14" Bilstein 7100s **Wheels/ Tires** Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers Front/Rear TRD Rock Warrior Wheels 285/75/16 BFG KO2s **Electrical** Pelfreybilt Auxiliary Fuse/Relay Panel Blue Sea Fuse Box Bussman 100 AMP Breaker **Recovery** Smittybilt 9.5k Winch **Lights** 20 Inch Single Row LED Bar Rigid Side Shooters (Flood/Pair) w/ CBI Offroad Ditch Light Brackets Rigid Duallys, Amber for fog lights **Miscelaneous Mods** Rear Diff Breather Relocation RAM Mount A-Pillar Mod w/ Garmin Power Cable DRT Fabrication Cab Mount Relocation Pinch Weld Mod (Mini Sledge Special) Short Rise Bed Bar for Tire Storage/ Hi-Lift Mount
    Yeah, will do. Hoping and praying for the best in this.

8. Sep 17, 2018 at 10:59 AM
    coke can

coke can Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD DCLB OR MGM
    Sorry to hear that, hope things take a turn for the better soon.

rmepilot and Jerneyman[QUOTED] like this.
  9. Sep 17, 2018 at 11:00 AM
    stronghammer

stronghammer STTDB

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    man bama fans are hard to talk to in the football thread glad I have this home sweet home to come back to.....oh wait gahddammit! :rofl::rofl:

luv yu @BAMATOY

rmepilot, JKU3000 and T4golfR like this.
  10. Sep 17, 2018 at 11:04 AM
    BamaTaco56

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    There are trails of all levels at Choccolocco if that is where we end up.

Will probably meet up wherever we go at around 9-9:30

11. Sep 17, 2018 at 11:05 AM
    Jerneyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    I'd suggest not even attempting the Rubicon without armor. Just saying. Lol.

12. Sep 17, 2018 at 11:08 AM
    BamaTaco56

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    I don’t remember the rubicon being that bad

Edit - yes I do. Wouldn’t do it without at least sliders

13. Sep 17, 2018 at 11:12 AM
    BamaTaco56

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Sorry to hear that man. Will keep him in my prayers

Jerneyman[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Sep 17, 2018 at 11:22 AM
    Jerneyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    With a proper spotter, the rock gardens wouldn’t be as bad. I was trying to keep up with @JBTacoma so there were a few times I was dragging skid. Sliders definitely took a beating though. Made me happy seeing this beauty marks after we finished riding.

stronghammer likes this.
  15. Sep 17, 2018 at 11:23 AM
    BamaTaco56

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Talking about the optional rock garden off to the right as you crest the hill?

16. Sep 17, 2018 at 11:24 AM
    stronghammer

stronghammer STTDB

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    I'll take the

#1sttodothechoccorockgardenaward

thanks.

17. Sep 17, 2018 at 11:25 AM
    Jerneyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    I didn’t attempt that one. @JBTacoma and @whitedlite did. Figured I’d watch and learn for my first real outing.

18. Sep 17, 2018 at 11:25 AM
    BamaTaco56

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Still don’t think I’ll do the rock garden, but I did the trail

stronghammer[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Sep 17, 2018 at 11:26 AM
    BamaTaco56

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Gotcha. You were just talking about the trail itself then? If you don’t hit it right, sliders will save ass for sure.

20. Sep 17, 2018 at 11:27 AM
    Jerneyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, not THE rock garden I guess. I’d consider those more boulders than rocks though. Lol.

stronghammer likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top