1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alabama thread!

Discussion in 'Alabama' started by Davtopgun, May 18, 2009.

1. Apr 19, 2013 at 9:39 AM
    TacoFMS

TacoFMS Bubble bubble bubble pop

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Just a vehicle to take trash to the dump
    One or two things modded... Check out the build thread
    ok i wish i knew how to do a screen shot on my work comp and post it here but the other day i made a comment in the funny pics thread about folks handing out neg per and im not sure why but one of the comments with neg per i got in response had me just about pissing myself in laughter yesterday. and its not even funny but i found it hilarious. all is says is "Shutup redneck" no name no nothing. but just that simple thing had me laughing for a couple hours and i have no clue why....

2. Apr 19, 2013 at 10:05 AM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun [OP] Weeeee mod time!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.

I would have to keep talking in the thread after that LOL

3. Apr 19, 2013 at 10:32 AM
    TacoFMS

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    i just am confused why i am still getting a good chuckle by it??? i mean its just 2 words that dont link back to a joke or anything so why is it so funny to me?? i know most would get butthurt or offended or pissed cuz someone neg repped them or whatever but i never thought of that part just the plain simple bold direct statement still makes me grin when i think of it. so you guys tell me why??

4. Apr 19, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    Because there are so many ignorant people who believe that everyone in the south is a "dumb redneck"?

Stupid people make me laugh, all the time.

5. Apr 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    TacoFMS

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    maybe because i havent even lived half my life down here and am considered a "damn yankee" by all the folks down here yet folks elsewhere consider me a "redneck"?? im confused on what i am!! HA!!!

6. Apr 19, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    For the longest time my friends down here were like "you have such a strong northern accent" and then my family up north was like "you sound like a redneck". I said fuck it and began embracing my inner redneck. He is especially strong when I'm drinking.

7. Apr 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM
    TacoFMS

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    yep, i still get that. everyone outside my immediate family is still scattered throughout IN and IL so i get made fun of by them all the time for being redneck. esp when i have a lipfull. then i get to work and get made fun of for being a "damn yankee city boy" so who the hell knows??

8. Apr 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM
    DSB4UA

DSB4UA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    SSM PreRunner 2nd gen 4.0L
    Haha, I think using 'folks' over and over constitutes enough to fit into the 'red neck' category haha. I've always lived right here in birmingham/shelby county...but we can definitely tell when you're from above the mason dixon. Let me ask you guys who are from up north, or have family up north....would you move back? Or will you never return to the north? I only ask because I've been to chicago once for a job interview..and it was too damn cold for me.

9. Apr 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    I was originally born in Arizona and my entire family is from chicago suburbs. Of all the places I travel (for work and family) I still find the south the most appealing. Better economy and people are just nicer.

10. Apr 19, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road

I'm from southern california, born and raised (mostly). Also lived in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, Texas, Ohio, Mississippi, and Alabama.

I liked Arizona and Nevada the most, but I'm settled in here, so I don't currently have any plans on leaving.

The humidity, all around weather, bugs and insane bible thumpers are my only complaints about Alabama.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  11. Apr 19, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    DSB4UA

DSB4UA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    Ahh well, thats just the beauty of Alabama as far as the weather goes. Now for the other bugs, humidity and bible thumpers...you get used to the humidity. But the bugs and bible thumpers thoroughly piss me off as well haha. Have yall ever heard of 'Brother Micah?'....if not, you tube him and you will see.

12. Apr 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM
    DSB4UA

DSB4UA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    Seems to be the standard answer from what my father always said growing up. He traveled up north for business from time to time, and couldn't stand it...probably why I didn't move up there either.

13. Apr 19, 2013 at 11:40 AM
    jspadaro

jspadaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    Fasho. Parents are from New Orleans, and I've lived in missouri, chicago, alabama, north carolina, and now Knoxville.

AL/TN are my favorite states so far, for sure. My only complaint is the liquor laws and prices. (I'd like to be able to buy liquor and wine, in the case of TN, in the grocery store, mainly. And also not get charged up the ass :D )

But otherwise, gorgeous surroundings, lots of personal liberty, nice people, low cost of loving. Love it.

14. Apr 19, 2013 at 11:49 AM
    DSB4UA

DSB4UA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    Yeah no doubt. I went to Chapel Hill NC last year, that was like being in Alabama to a T. Probably the only place I would move to outside of here. As far as liquor and wine, you can thank the 'bible beaters' for the 'sin tax' on that and not being able to buy on sunday which blows. Fortunately, Hoover/Jefferson county sells on sunday and thats abt a 10 min drive...:D

15. Apr 19, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    xodeuce

xodeuce mmmmmmbourbon.

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2004 UZJ100
    Mine comes out big time when I booze and hang out with other folks talkin' 'neck. I normally have a very faint southern accent, for the most part. But get me boozin around some good ol' boys, and that drawl really starts to get noticeable.

Interestingly enough, there's a linguistic name for that. It's called "code switching." There was a thing on NPR a while back about it.

16. Apr 19, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road

I agree, that the hookers are really cheap in Alabama.

17. Apr 19, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    Jo Dog

Jo Dog ROLL TIDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jo Dog
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2010 double cab tacoma TRDoffroad SR5 V6 4x4
    I'm a high tech redneck from the backwoods of small town Sylacauga

18. Apr 19, 2013 at 8:25 PM
    TacoAlaMode

TacoAlaMode Mr. Midlife Crisis

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    10 DC LB MG 4X4 TRD Sport
    Icon Ext Coilover, Alcan Rear springs, Demello 3-Hoop Bumper and RockCrusher Sliders, Full tint 360', WeatherTech Floor liners and rainguards, Debadged, In Cabin 110 with 400w anytime, Diff breather mod
    I can go real country. Watch Alex's run at Markita and you'll see how country I can get. Tanya thinks it is real funny how I change when talking to different people. In Moscow I speak with a Russian accent. When she first moved over here, she couldn't understand me at all when I talked with my brother or sister. Then I would turn around and talk to here completely different.

19. Apr 20, 2013 at 7:27 AM
    mac424205

mac424205 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mathew
    Chelsea
    Vehicle:
    2005 4Runner Limited V8 4X4
    Billies on all four corners with daystar spacer lift. Bought it like this. Replacing done with toytec ultimate 3" lift
    You and your southern accent! Sounds like a redneck! :D

20. Apr 21, 2013 at 7:42 AM
    xodeuce

xodeuce mmmmmmbourbon.

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2004 UZJ100
    I was in Dubai last month, and it's wild, I discovered that if I picked up an Arabic accent in certain instances it made it easier for people to understand me. It was hilarious. They were fluent in English, but speaking with my normal accent apparently was difficult to understand.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top