1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alabama thread!

Discussion in 'Alabama' started by Davtopgun, May 18, 2009.

1. Aug 25, 2019 at 7:38 PM
    Brian422

Brian422 I fell into the pit that is TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Birmingham, AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 DBCSB F/R Locked, 35's ,Long travel, 23 Tundra 4x4 limited
    Not Stock
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  2. Aug 26, 2019 at 4:36 AM
    ty.s07

ty.s07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    :wave:

pat's taco likes this.
  3. Aug 26, 2019 at 4:43 AM
    stronghammer

stronghammer STTDB

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 4WD
    Exciting morning in my neighborhood. Sitting there drinking my coffee, Amy shows up to carpool and says there is a car totaled into a power pole one house down from me. She said someone was already there with them so she didn't stop but I wanted to go check on them. I walked down there and my neighbor from across the road walks over to me and said he was on his back porch with his dog when he heard the crash and was at the car within about a minute and a half and.....dun dun dun....nobody was there! Air bags deployed, car is clearly totaled, and no sign of a driver...

Going to be refreshing the news websites today to see if anything about it comes up....I'm thinking stolen and fled or DUI and fled....or both..

4. Aug 26, 2019 at 5:03 AM
    cubie

cubie Aznrednek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonny
    Sweet home Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '06 and '18 TRD OR 4x4 Access Cab
    I saw that vid of you climbing that hill, pretty effortlessly I might add! I wish we could have joined yall!

tweakit88[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Aug 26, 2019 at 5:35 AM
    Toyotacrawler

Toyotacrawler She's got the jimmy legs

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cusseta/Opelika AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    5100's set to 1.75" Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL & 5100's for the rear Konig Countersteer Offroads K&N Drop in WeatherTech's Bed Mat Blacked out Badges Rear leaf TSB
    From AlabamaWX. Thursday's looking like a day to ride the motorcycle. :thumbsup:

WET DAY: A deep layer of tropical moisture remains over Alabama today, and with an upper trough to the west we expect a wet late summer day with occasional rain and possibly a few thunderstorms. No severe storms, and we don’t expect any flooding issues today (we did have some yesterday around Muscle Shoals, where 5-7 inches of rain came down in only two hours). There is a good chance many communities will hold in the 70s all day because of clouds and rain

The weather remains unsettled tomorrow; look for scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms as a surface front approaches from the northwest. The day should be warmer with a high back in the mid 80s as the sun could peek out at times.

WEDNESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY: The front pushes into Alabama late tomorrow night, and drier air filters into the northern counties of the state Wednesday. The best chance of rain on Wednesday will come over the southern half of Alabama; the sky will be mostly sunny to the north. Then, Thursday will be a delightful day with ample sunshine, low humidity, and a cool morning for late August. We project lows early Thursday in the 58-63 degree range for most of North/Central Alabama; the high will be in the 80s.

LABOR DAY WEEKEND: Moisture levels will rise statewide; still the best chance of showers and thunderstorms on Saturday will be over the southern half of the state, but look out for rain at times Sunday and Monday statewide. This won’t be a “washout”, but a few showers and storms are likely, especially from noon to midnight both days. Highs over the weekend will be mostly in the mid to upper 80s

A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for…
    * Barbados
    * St. Lucia
    * St. Vincent and the Grenadines

[​IMG]

6. Aug 26, 2019 at 5:36 AM
    Toyotacrawler

Toyotacrawler She's got the jimmy legs

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cusseta/Opelika AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    5100's set to 1.75" Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL & 5100's for the rear Konig Countersteer Offroads K&N Drop in WeatherTech's Bed Mat Blacked out Badges Rear leaf TSB
    He/She definitely didn't want to talk to the police.

stronghammer[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Aug 26, 2019 at 6:03 AM
    TRD Tyler

TRD Tyler Straightenin the curves. Flattenin the hills

Member:
    Athens
    Vehicle:
    16 DCSB 4WD TRD OR
    I had the same vibration at about 60.

I had to use angled axle shims and a carrier bearing drop. That finally smoothed it out.

8. Aug 26, 2019 at 6:06 AM
    Jerneyman

Jerneyman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD OffRoad 4x4
    **Armor** Home Fabbed Hybrid Front Bumper Home Fabbed Rock Sliders Home Fabbed IFS Skid Plate Home Fabbed Mid Skid Plate Home Fabbed Transfer Case Skid Home Fabbed High Clearance Rear Bumper **Suspension** ADS Front Coilovers (Extended Travel, 700lb coils, Remote Resi) Total Chaos UCAs Chevy 63 Swap w/ custom shock hoops 14" Bilstein 7100s **Wheels/ Tires** Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers Front/Rear TRD Rock Warrior Wheels 285/75/16 BFG KO2s **Electrical** Pelfreybilt Auxiliary Fuse/Relay Panel Blue Sea Fuse Box Bussman 100 AMP Breaker **Recovery** Smittybilt 9.5k Winch **Lights** 20 Inch Single Row LED Bar Rigid Side Shooters (Flood/Pair) w/ CBI Offroad Ditch Light Brackets Rigid Duallys, Amber for fog lights **Miscelaneous Mods** Rear Diff Breather Relocation RAM Mount A-Pillar Mod w/ Garmin Power Cable DRT Fabrication Cab Mount Relocation Pinch Weld Mod (Mini Sledge Special) Short Rise Bed Bar for Tire Storage/ Hi-Lift Mount
    What do you guys think of the softoppers? Got a guy willing to trade a his softopper for my Prinsu rack. Been wanting one, just never been completely necessary for me to buy a brand new one. Good trade or not?

stronghammer likes this.
  9. Aug 26, 2019 at 6:22 AM
    JEtaco03

JEtaco03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    New Market, AL
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD
    Lifted on 18s and tires, LEDs all around
    Vibration in the front wheels? I thought I had read somewhere the shims helped vibration in the rear end.

10. Aug 26, 2019 at 6:22 AM
    stronghammer

stronghammer STTDB

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    that's for sure, I know they're walking around somewhere hurting though.

I think it's good. I've always liked the softoppers too and might get myself one one day as my alternative to bedrack. Easily taken off the truck unlike a regular shell

11. Aug 26, 2019 at 6:23 AM
    tweakit88

tweakit88 COPELANDING_ADVENTURES

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Leroy IL
    Vehicle:
    3rd gen inferno TRD OR.
    Only the best.
    I was just a little guy. Was a little slick tho.

cubie[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Aug 26, 2019 at 6:23 AM
    Jerneyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    **Armor** Home Fabbed Hybrid Front Bumper Home Fabbed Rock Sliders Home Fabbed IFS Skid Plate Home Fabbed Mid Skid Plate Home Fabbed Transfer Case Skid Home Fabbed High Clearance Rear Bumper **Suspension** ADS Front Coilovers (Extended Travel, 700lb coils, Remote Resi) Total Chaos UCAs Chevy 63 Swap w/ custom shock hoops 14" Bilstein 7100s **Wheels/ Tires** Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers Front/Rear TRD Rock Warrior Wheels 285/75/16 BFG KO2s **Electrical** Pelfreybilt Auxiliary Fuse/Relay Panel Blue Sea Fuse Box Bussman 100 AMP Breaker **Recovery** Smittybilt 9.5k Winch **Lights** 20 Inch Single Row LED Bar Rigid Side Shooters (Flood/Pair) w/ CBI Offroad Ditch Light Brackets Rigid Duallys, Amber for fog lights **Miscelaneous Mods** Rear Diff Breather Relocation RAM Mount A-Pillar Mod w/ Garmin Power Cable DRT Fabrication Cab Mount Relocation Pinch Weld Mod (Mini Sledge Special) Short Rise Bed Bar for Tire Storage/ Hi-Lift Mount
    Cool. I think I'd get a lot of use out of it. I know my dog would enjoy it with the sides rolled up.

13. Aug 26, 2019 at 6:24 AM
    tweakit88

tweakit88 COPELANDING_ADVENTURES

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Leroy IL
    Vehicle:
    3rd gen inferno TRD OR.
    Only the best.
    They are sweet

Jerneyman[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Aug 26, 2019 at 6:25 AM
    stronghammer

stronghammer STTDB

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    I just think it's a super useful weather resistant alternative to a full camper shell.

Jerneyman[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Aug 26, 2019 at 6:26 AM
    Jerneyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    Yep. And I can collapse it down if I need to put something tall in the back. That's my biggest gripe with a hard camper shell.

16. Aug 26, 2019 at 6:27 AM
    Jerneyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    Yep. I need lightweight. Lol.

InfernoChalupa likes this.
  17. Aug 26, 2019 at 6:29 AM
    stronghammer

stronghammer STTDB

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    I'll take it off your hands.

18. Aug 26, 2019 at 6:30 AM
    Jerneyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    I don't have a hard camper shell ya dingus.

tweakit88 likes this.
  19. Aug 26, 2019 at 6:30 AM
    stronghammer

stronghammer STTDB

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    I'll take the softopper off your hands, ya dingus.

JKU3000 and tweakit88 like this.
  20. Aug 26, 2019 at 6:31 AM
    Jerneyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    I don't have one of those either. You're just not making sense today.

Products Discussed in

To Top