1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

alignment problems

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by yv1650c, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Sep 14, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    yv1650c

yv1650c [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carlos
    Venezuela
    Hello, i recent went to the Toyota dealer (10.000km service) and they made an alignment on my truck. Now i feel the steering wheel is not aligned as it was from plant. What should I do? I don´t want to go again to the dealer shop. Is there any mechanical way to go to another alignment and they really fit the steering wheel in the correct position?

I thought there was a way to put the steering wheel in the correct site, and then make the wheel alignment, but what i saw was they put the steering wheel by eye..

thank you, and excuse me my bad English.!

2. Sep 14, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I would take it back to them and have them make it right...You can re-center the steering wheel tho..It should be part of a good alignment.

3. Sep 14, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    it is part of the alignment the steering wheel needs to be centerd
    have them re do it

4. Sep 14, 2010 at 1:11 PM
    yv1650c

Member:
    First Name:
    Carlos
    Venezuela
    but is it anything way to do it well? how do they do in the production plant? by eye?

5. Sep 14, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    coveny91

coveny91 Member

Member:
    smoked tail lights, LED third brake light, projector headlights
    i dont know how they do it at the factory but i know in the shop we just line it up by eye and then use a steering wheel lock tool to keep it centerd as we do the alignment. i have never heard of any other way of doing it.

6. Sep 15, 2010 at 6:29 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    +1 - every alignment that I've ever gotten, they manually center the wheel, then perform the alignment.

7. Sep 15, 2010 at 7:10 AM
    mwilkerson

mwilkerson Member

Member:
    El Paso Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 prerunner trd
    The alignment is only as good as the person doing it.Toyota has a range that the steering wheel can be off when doing a alignment,but just because it's in that range does not make it right.Customer satisfaction should always be the goal.Take it back!

8. Sep 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM
    yv1650c

Member:
    First Name:
    Carlos
    Venezuela
    remember i live in venezuela. so customer care here, it´s second to none. I want my steering wheel center back.
    I dont know how toyota doesnt make holes into the steering wheel (under the cover) and holes in the base of the estering wheel (it must be two) that allow to center right the steering wheel. I like perfection on it.

To Top