1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alignment Question?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by billas333, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Mar 12, 2010 at 10:59 AM
    billas333

billas333 [OP] They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    Ok so from the day I lifted my truck when you look at it head on it appear the two front tires sort of V in slightly. I would assume that the Camber is more + in this case and that the outside edge of the tire is making more contact than the inside edge.

Just curious if anyone else has this issue and if you chose to set Camber a little negative instead to get the tires parallel to avoid tire wear.

2. Mar 12, 2010 at 11:08 AM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    what are your alingment #'s

3. Mar 12, 2010 at 11:17 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Did you get an allignment done?

If not...then go get one. :D

I wouldn't necessarily go by 'what they look like'. Looks can be deceiving. Even my tires (stock with no lift) look crooked. Tires have been wearing evenly for 23,000 miles.

Got a picture?

4. Mar 12, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    billas333

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    my spec sheet from the last alignment I did is as follows: for Front Left to Front Right

Camber : 0.5 and 0.5

Caster : 2.4 and 2.2

Toe: 0.03 and 0.01

SAI 11.9 and 13(out of range)

Included angle: 12.4 and 13.5

Yea I have just been super bored lately and I need something to keep me busy and with all the mods on my Tacoma I feel like I need to do something else to it now haha.

But yea never been happy with my alignment. My front Right tire rubs the rear part of the wheel well like crazy when I back up and turn the wheel right. I cant stand it.

5. Mar 12, 2010 at 11:26 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    toe and camber have to be 0. Your caster seems good though

6. Mar 12, 2010 at 2:02 PM
    Timber

Timber Crankey Old Yacht Jockey

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    San Pedro Bay Ports
    just a couple comfort items.
    Who is doing the alignments? Find a good old school shop that knows what their doing. Not some computerized place with a 18 y/o tech. Tell them where it rubs and how you think it looks funny. They should be able to move the wheel forward or back in the well and keep you from rubbing while still staying in spec.

7. Mar 12, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Problem with rubbin in the rear of the well is the cab mount. Adding caster might help that as yours is at the bottom end of the specified range.

That Toe number should be lower (like 0).

Get them to take a look again- You may have a hard time as most places will not do "custom" request alignments. You take what they get as long as it's within spec.

8. Mar 12, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    billas333

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    I had Big O do an alignment and wasnt happy after two trips to the shop, then had a dealership in San Diego do one for cheaper than big O and its better but still not happy.

Products Discussed in

To Top