1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alignment Shops In Vancouver WA or Portland OR

Discussion in 'North West' started by elduder, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Apr 29, 2021 at 6:39 AM
    elduder

elduder [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Van WA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Voodoo Blue Tundra TRD Pro
    Anyone have a recommendation for a shop in Vancouver or Portland?

I've used Alignment Specialties in Beaverton before and had no issues, was hoping to find somewhere in Vancouver that people had positive experience with.

Thanks

lo2hi likes this.
  2. Apr 29, 2021 at 8:33 AM
    lo2hi

lo2hi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chiro
    Portland, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2006 Impulse Red Tacoma 4.0L 6-Speed 4WD
    265/75R16 Falken Wildpeaks AT3W & KMC Enduros AFE air intake Bilstein 5100 & Eibach Springs & Ironman4x4 performance leaf Magnaflow 12866 muffler
    I used to go to Alignment Specialties and switched to Firestone in Beaverton, but they sorta suck and my stuff is still rubbing.
    I'm tempted to go back to Alignment Specialties actually. I also tried Gill Point S in St Johns (by far the worst alignment I got, still rubs even after they looked at it). Possibly considering Les Schwab since they're close by me.
    Might be a little far but have you considered 4WP on 82nd?

elduder[OP] likes this.
  3. Apr 29, 2021 at 2:06 PM
    gpdx

gpdx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD Offroad
    5100/887, topper, rack, 265/75/16
    I like a-n-t tire/trackside motor sports. They’re in north Portland in the Kenton neighborhood. Would be easy to get to from Vancouver. Nice guys there that do good work.
    https://tracksideracetires.com/

lo2hi and elduder[OP] like this.
  4. Apr 29, 2021 at 5:23 PM
    elduder

Member:
    Van WA
    Vehicle:
    Ive heard too many horror stories about 4WP, and while Im a skeptic I'd rather not have to do it twice. I've had Les Schwab do it before, no issues with them, but I did have to try a couple shops. The first Les Schwab said they wouldnt align a lifted truck because it wasn't in spec. Lol, of course its not in spec, why would I need an alignment if it was.

C41n and lo2hi[QUOTED] like this.
  5. Apr 30, 2021 at 8:47 PM
    PhoS

PhoS Proffauxssional

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    08 FJ Cruiser
    Contains MSG
    Les Schuab on 117th has been doing mine for years. The alignment guy isn't an edit: idiot and doesn't mind if you ask for specifics. (I have adjustable UCAs)

lo2hi, elduder[OP] and C41n like this.
  6. May 1, 2021 at 9:22 PM
    New2You

New2You Active Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2017 4x4 DCSB OR Black
    I recommend alignment 50 in gresham, used them twice after getting 285s and after changing ucas. Both times they ask what I'm trying to do, ask about rubbing and other issues so they know what to solve for. They charge a flat fee of 90 for a 4wheel truck alignment

lo2hi likes this.
  7. May 6, 2021 at 8:03 AM
    plurpimpin

plurpimpin Well-Known Member

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    I’ve had great luck with automotive outfitters on Foster in SE Portland.

https://www.automotiveoutfitters.com/

They do a lot of lift installs so they’re familiar with all the non-oem hardware and atypical alignments. I took my truck in after a CMC and they knew exactly what I wanted when I said I needed a high caster alignment to clear 33s.

C41n likes this.
  8. Jun 11, 2021 at 9:43 AM
    elduder

Member:
    Van WA
    Vehicle:
    I just wanted to follow this up, I got my lift on and alignment done.

I was in a crunch for time so I went ahead and had Les Schwab do the alignment since it was conveniently right next door to the gym I go to.

While I had no issue with them in the past, at a different location though, this time was unfortunately not a good experience. Alignment was completed in about 20-30 mins, first red flag. Spec sheet showed no pre or post change to caster. Toe was fixed and camber was corrected some. Pre and post caster specs were at 1.7 degrees. This is on a Tundra with 2" of lift, so OE spec should be attainable. The truck drove alright so I just accepted it and planned to address it later.

Fast forward 2 days and I'm noticing a clicking noise while turning and occasionally while shifting between drive and reverse. Noise gets worse over the next week to the point of concern over whether a CV failed after the lift. Something I have my doubts over, since its a small lift and the angles looked great. I finally got tired of it and decided to go to Wanderlust Overland after the noises progressed to a groaning noise over speed bumps.

Wanderlust did the alignment, found two of the four LCA bolts torqued to between 30-50lb/ft. Spec is 200. Install on the lift was done by separating the UCA and tie rod bolts, so LCAs were never loosened during install. Ultimately it looks like the tech rushed the alignment and forgot to re secure two of the LCA bolts. Final outcome from Wanderlust was caster back to 2.6 degrees and all other specs good. Truck immediately drove different. Im familiar with how low caster handles, I had another bad alignment once where the tech actually set my caster to 0 because he though that would be the best way to fit a larger tire. The handling after Wanderlusts work was clearly more than just the low caster, loose LCAs make for a loose ride. Also, all the clicking noise is now gone.

So, TLDR;

Dont recommend Les Schwab in Hazel dell/Vancouver

Do strongly recommend Wanderlust Overland

Potamus, ChrclTaco and C41n like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top