1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alignment?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by ChrisYoTaCoMa, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Jul 4, 2009 at 5:10 PM
    ChrisYoTaCoMa

ChrisYoTaCoMa [OP] Chrome's for Harleys and old farts

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Estero, Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    00 Taco 4x4 Ex cab 2.7 sr5 AT
    New Pioneer stereo, and all 4 speakers with Infinity components. Sirius satellite radio. Deckplate mod done. Door buzzer silenced forever thank God, tinted windows, vent visors, hood protector(bug guard), ceramic pads and new rotors, dechromed EVERYTHING. 2" Lift front 3" rear. Skyjacker AAL's and replacement leafs(and front spacers) from Fatbobsgarage.com. Skyjacker 7000 Hydro rear shocks, those Bilstein 5100 fronts are coming soon!
    Ok, I just put in my top mount spacers this morning. Yes some like them some don't. I just wanted to add a little lift and level it out. So I went with 2" steel spacers and new shocks. I don't see any strange camber or caster after installing them. Should I get the alignment done anyways?

2. Jul 4, 2009 at 5:11 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Yes. Get it aligned.

3. Jul 4, 2009 at 5:18 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Yes, an alignment is needed if you alter the geometry of the suspension, which you did by adding the coil spacers.

4. Jul 4, 2009 at 5:38 PM
    ChrisYoTaCoMa

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Estero, Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    New Pioneer stereo, and all 4 speakers with Infinity components. Sirius satellite radio. Deckplate mod done. Door buzzer silenced forever thank God, tinted windows, vent visors, hood protector(bug guard), ceramic pads and new rotors, dechromed EVERYTHING. 2" Lift front 3" rear. Skyjacker AAL's and replacement leafs(and front spacers) from Fatbobsgarage.com. Skyjacker 7000 Hydro rear shocks, those Bilstein 5100 fronts are coming soon!
    Ok, I was sure I was going to get it anyways, I just wanted some opinions. I'm sure it is off in some way since it pushes down on the lower control arm to lift the body. Probably adding positive camber I would believe.

Thanks guys!!!

5. Jul 4, 2009 at 5:50 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    Lifting also affects toe, and caster. ;)

6. Jul 4, 2009 at 5:59 PM
    ChrisYoTaCoMa

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Estero, Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    All it really needs is a front alignment, right? I will be replacing my rear leafs also in the next couple weeks, so it will not need a thrust aligment or anything since the rear is not adjustable I take it. The leafs are replacement lower leafs for the 3rd one down on each side. I have one on my drivers side that cracked in half.

As of right now from floor to the edge of my wheel well I have 36 1/2 inches, and my rear are 35 1/2, so I am thinking when I replace the bottom leaf I will get back 1" of lift, OR do I order a 1" block, or shackle lift?

Also, another question. Could I order a 34" add a leaf and new clips to replace the broken leaf on my pack?

7. Jul 4, 2009 at 6:01 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    Yep. Front alignment only. :)

8. Jul 8, 2009 at 9:44 PM
    pairodice

pairodice Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    SF NM
    Vehicle:
    03 DCSB
    magnaflow cat back exhaust, K&N filter, gray wire, deck plate, ome 883's, ome dakar leafs, bilstien 5100's, blacked out grille, AVS bug shield & window vents, arb bull bar, hella 5in lights, mile marker 8k winch, debadged tailgate, energy steering rack bushings, custom rear bumper w/ hidden receiver, custom headache rack, ome greasable shackles, 4.88's w/solid spacer, SS extended brake line
    yes of course

9. Jul 9, 2009 at 3:59 AM
    ChrisYoTaCoMa

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Estero, Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    Had the alignment done Monday. All is well with the taco now. It took 2 hours to replace the struts, and add the spacers to the top. Brought that front end up nice!!!

To Top