1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All blower motor speeds not working intermittent operation

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by markp, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Dec 15, 2017 at 7:05 AM
    Troyken

Troyken Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB v6 off road 4x4 6 spd. MT
    I was having this problem with my 2013. It started with a passenger kicking that connector/wires for the blower resistor. Once this happens the contact loosens and burns. I had intermittent high speed only several times after that several times and always with a passenger in the seat. I finally changed the resistor and connector with a Dorman one from Amazon. No more problems after that. The new connector has heavier and longer leads that can be pushed down behind the carpet better than oem. That seems to take the strain off the connector.

gooch14 likes this.
  2. Dec 20, 2018 at 2:09 PM
    Curbee68

Curbee68 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mandee
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma
    Hi There, new to this group and I know this thread is old... but my 06 Tacoma had a similar issue but more mysterious>?
    When my truck was off key in hand.. the heater blower was still blowing... my mechanic replaced the resister and the resister blew again before I left the parking lot... it works fine now.. but the dash lights for the heater and the side panel where the lights n stuff are will not come on... there's a deeper issue .. right?

3. Nov 25, 2019 at 12:06 AM
    Jsmith6369

Jsmith6369 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma
    Remote start
    Great info thanks.

4. Jan 16, 2024 at 4:05 PM
    Dirtjunkie

Dirtjunkie Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Colorado.
    2006-Taco-Sport-TRD-Quad Cab-Short Bed, 4x4 No mods to speak of.
    This was a great help. I changed out my resister. I was working in -8° F. temps outside. Took me forever due to so many breaks to get warm. Got it done, didn’t fix it. I then checked fuses [backwards I know] but found nothing wrong. Hit the road to pick up a blower motor. I know I should have been checking power with meter. Installed the blower motor in the same temperatures and bingo!

Pretty pissed off at myself for procrastinating on this. It went out a month ago, I put it off then these deep freeze temperatures hit [the whole country] and I was basically faced with the fix.

Just an fyi the blower motor was frozen in place. Took me quite awhile to free it. I’m the original owner of the truck. It’s a 2006 so you do the math. I’d suggest having a rubber mallet handy for those in the same situation.

Pretty much wasted half a day of my vacation on this. But, this information was of great help.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
    Jimmyh likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top