1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All Ohio/Kentucky Spring Meet - Bills 491 Offroad- May 19/20 - LETS DO THIS!!!

Discussion in 'Mid West' started by 2TRunner, Jan 15, 2012.

1. May 10, 2012 at 3:05 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    If you guys wanted to head over on Saturday, go right ahead if it's when you have the time. I really just can't get 2 days out of/off work and family duty.

Looking like I'll be pretty lonely though on Sunday.

Begin Rant:
    I dunno what it takes to get a good meet going on. Would really like to have one. See all the NC/SC, NCal/SCal, AZ, folks having some really good meets. And here, can barely get anything mustered up. Fucking sucks. I've had this damn thread up since Janurary to try and get some interest and it's not even over 5 people who really might go.

Oh well, whatever. I'm still going Sunday, I haven't had a day to myself since we brought the new baby home. Literally have not had 2 hours to myself in the past 2 months. If nobody shows, I guess I could try and hook on with a group that may already be there.
    :End Rant.

2. May 10, 2012 at 3:35 AM
    DanglingFury

DanglingFury Creeper

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Bowling Green, KY/Lake Cumberland, KY
    Vehicle:
    2006 4Runner 4x4
    Daystar 2.5"/1" lift-level BFGoodrich KO2's
    I think that's mostly because those guys are more into wheeling and meets and what not. The proof is in their trucks.

3. May 10, 2012 at 5:02 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    ehh..i don't know anything about 491. Thought it a little geared towards that, maybe I was wrong?

4. May 10, 2012 at 6:38 AM
    no mods

no mods Well-Known Member

Member:
    cincinnati
    Some stickers
    Yes that's what I've been saying for the what, 3 years ive been on this site. This is the first time the Cincinnati area trucks have even attempted to wheel other than someone's farm property...

Truth be told late model tacoma owners are more into the looks and hanging out with other tacoma owners rather than using the vehicle for its offroading performance.

Honestly man if your really interested in offroading sell the two wheel drive and get something that is obviously 4wd and a) older or b) something you can accept the dismal fate of.

I'm always ready to wheel at a moments notice so if your big weekend doesn't come together feel free to pm me if you want to go out. However, be it known I'm not gonna be happy pulling out stuff that shouldn't be there in the first place. Especially if your scared to get a few war wounds here and there.

Here is the thread that is the most active for actual local wheeling ..http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46428

5. May 10, 2012 at 5:50 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    I was quite deflated after reading your post for awhile.

The jist of it is: I have what I have and I can't change it. I like the off-road experience. I realize what kind of truck I have, regardless, I'd like to try and do what I can in it. I have no dreams of climbing rock walls in my truck.

I've been out 3 times with Tacoma owners and each time I have felt quite welcomed to try what I could in my truck if I liked and was offered a passenger seat by several people I've gotten to know.

I am certainly not going to ask you to come on some kind of "rescue me" trip. I'll be there. If you want to show, then by all means please do, I'd love to see your truck, it looks sic. If so, I will try what is within reason for my truck and then hopefully I could hitch a ride in someone's truck into some harder terrain.

6. May 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM
    DanglingFury

DanglingFury Creeper

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle:
    2006 4Runner 4x4
    My truck just has 235/70 AT tires and it does great cruising through creeks. Just have to keep your momentum up where you need it and stay away from deep/loose stuff.

7. May 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM
    no mods

Member:
    cincinnati
    Some stickers
    I dont mean to dash dreams.. I'm just a realist.

I seem to learn things on my own the hard way figured I'd pass on a tip here and there so history don't repeat itself

8. May 12, 2012 at 11:05 AM
    Deathcure

Deathcure Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Wheeling WV
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma Off Road
    I would really love to go but just got my puppy yesterday she needs to grow up some be for I take any long trips

9. May 12, 2012 at 7:05 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Eh. no harm, no foul.

Like I said. If you want to make an appearance, please do. Shit, even if you and I were the only two, I'd be honored to be offered a seat to hit some rough terrain in your truck. All I ask is a little time where I can take my truck through some stuff thats within reason, there's at least gotta be a little something I can go through there.

10. May 16, 2012 at 2:00 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Last effort bump.

11. May 17, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    I want to go bad but have to get caught up on crap after having several very busy weekends in a row with my brothers wedding. :pout:

12. May 18, 2012 at 2:28 AM
    no mods

Member:
    cincinnati
    Some stickers
    I'm watching this still for Sunday.. I'll b even headed home from Slade and may stop in afterwards

13. May 18, 2012 at 10:10 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Just heard about that Fire Dept ride from Jeremy of TTORA. To bad it's Saturday, can't make it then. Maybe see if anyone there Saturday might be interested in going to Bills Sunday?

14. May 19, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    no mods

Member:
    cincinnati
    Some stickers
    What time u gonna be there

We thinking early

15. May 19, 2012 at 6:44 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    I dunno. I'm leaving Columbus very early. It'll take me at least 3 hours or so. I'd say I can't see myself leaving after 6am. So at the latest...probably 9.

I'm gonna dick around on here for a bit then try to get some sleep.

I'll PM you my phone #.

How was the FD ride? Sounded pretty cool.

16. May 20, 2012 at 5:32 AM
    Nick54

Nick54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    I was working on the truck yesterday preping her for the trip and wasn't feeling well throughout the day (vertigo) and today woke up with my head still swimming. Probably not a good idea to drive in this condition. I really wanted to make this trip the madden voyage. The best laid plans..... Well hopefully sometime this year. Have a great time all, wish I could be there. How about posting pics when it over.

17. May 21, 2012 at 12:19 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    All good man.

I ended up having to take off. Eatin' at the McD's at that exit, wife calls and says our daughter slipped in her pool and busted her head open a bit. 7 stiches in her forehead.

Had a good time. Took the slug as far as she would go. Got her stuck pretty good on some rocks in a creek. Recent tow hook purchase paid off! Rode in No Mods truck. Helped a deaf guy, twice. Once stuck, once with a tire PSI issue. Big thanks to the fella's who did come out!!! Had 4-5 trucks!

I was early and was gonna go dick around and see what there was to see around 9:30. Start around the building to get back on the road and here come 3 huge fuckin' Tacoma's pulling in the driveway.

Got back in one piece, truck still has it's parts.

18. May 21, 2012 at 2:59 AM
    DanglingFury

DanglingFury Creeper

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle:
    2006 4Runner 4x4
    Need to aim for another trip. I'd love to make it to one. I've got at least 2-4 friends with tacos that would be in if they could get off work.

19. May 21, 2012 at 3:38 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

About to get stuck in the pic below, right up around where the mag grey truck is. It was a tad deep. Water was damn near up to the D/S door where I got stuck. Truck was tilted in the creek. Had to climb out through the P/S door to get the recovery strap on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The fellow in the truck below was deaf. His bed wiggled one way while the cab wiggled the other.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only pics that I got. Would the others who took pics mind posting those up in here?

20. May 21, 2012 at 2:18 PM
    Nick54

Nick54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    Glad you guys had a good time, the pics are cool. I will be watching for the next meet.

Products Discussed in

To Top