1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All Pro Bed Rack.... First one.

Discussion in 'All-Pro Off Road' started by Tunafish778, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Apr 13, 2011 at 11:26 PM
    Tunafish778

Tunafish778 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Spring (Houston)TX
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma

You have to remember that your roof rack will add a few more inches on top of the rack. My Yakima rack will still provide enough clearance over the cab for the kayaks to sit just fine.

2. Apr 13, 2011 at 11:55 PM
    Derecho

Derecho Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Thomaston, ME
    Vehicle:
    11 Magnetic Grey Tacoma SR5 V6 4x4
    Access Tonneau Cover Cobra 29 WXNWST Wilson Lil' Wil COMING SOON... Custom Designed Bedrack
    Thanks for posting these OP. Please keep us updated w/ pics of how the rack mounts inside the bed using the All-Pro mounts. Looks like this product has great potential for use with an Access Rollup Tonneau.

Jason...PM sent w/ details on the tonneau.

3. Apr 14, 2011 at 3:02 PM
    stroM-

stroM- @alteregoadventure

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Santa Rosa, California
    Vehicle:
    2006 4X4 TRD OR
    ^Chris,

Thanks for the PM I got it! (well 3! haha)

And ill be reviewing the track system to see how we can manipulate the bed rack with work with it! Give me a few ;)

Thanks!

4. Apr 14, 2011 at 8:19 PM
    Derecho

Derecho Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Thomaston, ME
    Vehicle:
    11 Magnetic Grey Tacoma SR5 V6 4x4
    Access Tonneau Cover Cobra 29 WXNWST Wilson Lil' Wil COMING SOON... Custom Designed Bedrack
    It went out three times? Damn... I guess the prospect of a rack fitting w/ my tonneau is too much to handle. Seriously though, thanks for looking into it for me.

5. Apr 14, 2011 at 9:17 PM
    armstrsm

armstrsm Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Little Rock, AR
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4 SR5 TRd OffRoad
    AVS Vent Visors, AVS Bug Shield, Locks On Bed storage, Weathertech floor liners, Access roll up tonneau, Dual Head unit, illuminated 4x4 switch, Devil Horns
    ^^ Nice glad im not the only one thinking about the Tonneau! :D This rack has a lot of potential...!! I can also see someone sowing up a capper similar to the Soft topper to fit over this too!!.. Would be great for camping!

6. Apr 14, 2011 at 9:48 PM
    TimRD OffRoad

TimRD OffRoad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    NC
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Off Road 4x4
    King Coil Overs, Add-A-Leaf, Custom tube rear bumper
    oh man you arent helping. i have wanted one of these since i first saw them, and now im really itching for it. i like your idea of getting it from them welded. now i just wonder if i could get my motorcycle under it.

7. Apr 14, 2011 at 9:54 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    So it looks like you're going to lose the capability of using the sliding cargo anchors..? I've become quite fond of using mine...

8. Apr 14, 2011 at 10:09 PM
    stroM-

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Santa Rosa, California
    Vehicle:
    2006 4X4 TRD OR
    ^ You can see that he was able to still mount them. The bed "Pack Rack" System rails still have holes about every inch and a half so you have the option to use stock tie downs or create your own! ;)

9. Apr 14, 2011 at 11:52 PM
    06rubi

06rubi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenney
    Pueblo West, CO
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM (wife's truck)
    Debadged, tinted windows, 7 pin relocated, bed lights, 12 volt socket in bed of truck, on board air, auxiliary fuse box, grill craft, hella 500's, t-rex eyelids, pink budbuilt skids, icon remote resi coil over, camburg uca, alcan rear springs, ubolt flip, icon 2.5 remote rear resi shocks
    To bad, would like it 5' shorter or so to have a RTT flush with the cab. Add some removable canvas sides andthat would be a sweet setup.

10. Apr 15, 2011 at 12:15 AM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Wow that looks good. I would have to make a road trip since it would be cheaper to drive out to CA the for them to ship it to Orange County,NY.

11. Apr 15, 2011 at 12:28 AM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    Interesting set up... some of my first thoughts. Of course, I'm not playing with one, so take these as musings, not "faults" with the design.

I too think it would make a good frame for a soft-frame topper. Kind of like the Army 7 1/2 or 2 1/2 ton trucks. Be cool if there could be a seperate cover that would slip over the top to seal it up. Something heavy/waterproof.

1.5" tubing? That's pretty thick, and heavy. Maybe 1" would be plenty? I don't know for sure, just spitballing.

Mounting on the bed seems solid, but it would be nice if there was an easier way to keep the bed tracks accessable. Maybe just have 3 seperate bed-mounts, instead of a solid piece? Don't know how that would affect stability or sturdiness.

Definetely cool if it had pre-drilled light mounts. or for that matter, be the standard size (as someone else mentioned) for accessories.

If this is going to be a production item, maybe have the option for something taller than the cab? Like I said, it looks to be a great frame for a tent-like topping, so headroom could be important to some.

12. Apr 15, 2011 at 8:01 AM
    RevHard6

RevHard6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    11 DC OR 4x4
    I really like the design. Add a couple more cross bars on the top for more mounting options (Like a baja/yakima/thule basket) and I'm sold. I think the height is perfect.

You could always go to marine shop (that does canvas boat covers) and have them sew up a velcro-on top. (We had this done for the 25mm cannon on the cutter I was on in the CG).
    Or maybe somewhere like this: http://www.customcovers4you.com/covers.html

13. Apr 15, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Oh, I like that. What I need though is a rack that is able to pull rearward and down so that it can double as a ramp to allow my Dogs (Rocket and Maxine) to walk into the bed and allow me to roll my lawnmower in, too. I'll keep waiting until somebody figures that out but we're getting close!

P.S. It would have to fit over an ARE cap and I'll be the first to buy one.

Steve

14. Apr 15, 2011 at 8:19 AM
    APTJ

APTJ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2005 Dcab SR5 4x4
    grill, lights, bull bar, rims, tires,
    looks good aside from the scratches..nice to see a guy on the forum that i met at discount the other day..find a way to mount the spare yet?

15. Apr 15, 2011 at 8:33 AM
    RedTaco2134

RedTaco2134 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Portland, Or
    Vehicle:
    08 Long Bed TRD Sport
    295/70/17 Cooper STT Pro, Revtek 3" lift. TSB rear and Blistein 5100's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3097063
    That thing is sick as Fock!

16. Apr 15, 2011 at 7:12 PM
    Tunafish778

Tunafish778 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Spring (Houston)TX
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Nope,

Spare is still sitting in the garage.. I guess I'm gonna have to buy a bed mount for it. Looks great, but loss of space.

17. Apr 19, 2011 at 11:55 AM
    stroM-

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Santa Rosa, California
    Vehicle:
    2006 4X4 TRD OR
    Thank you for posting your initial thoughts!

We are taking into consideration all the thoughts to make our products even better. The canvas cover is something we have been thinking of but is not yet in production. As far as the ability to make the rack system taller that is no problem at all! Making it shorter requires us to weld the rack together or sell it as a weld together only kit. As far as the light tabs, we have 4 total at each corner. These can be used for lights, CB's, etc.

Thanks again for your input! ;)

18. Apr 21, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    Hey, if you guys want to keep me on retainer for design-modification, I'm down. I work for discounts :D

Unfortunate that you're in Hemet. I used to live in OC, my grandparents used to be out in Canyon Lake. Now I'm on the wrong coast. Would have been so easy to drive on out...

19. Apr 24, 2011 at 5:51 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    When is the roof rack option going to be available?? I seriously want that

20. Apr 29, 2011 at 8:24 AM
    TacoGK

TacoGK Making changes is always fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC trd offroad sr5 debadged
    20% tint JLAudio amp and 12" sub, custom fiberglass tool box, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Anytime Fog light mod, Anytime rearview camera, Leveling kit, Rear spring TSB, Moto Metal MO957 Black, 285/70/17 BFG AT KO, DTRL Stealth mod, Anytime locker mod, Constant power mod.
    I really like this. I am trying to figure out how you could make this work with the access limited tonneau cover (designing in my head from the pics....LOL). Then I could have the canvas shop down the road make a cover for it to use for camping.

Products Discussed in

To Top