1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All Pro IFS Skid Plate Install Guide (lots of pics)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Kyouto42, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Mar 20, 2011 at 9:28 PM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    I just thought I'd update this thread since I recently put mine on. Hopefully when someone searches this thread, up, they'll find the info useful.

I have the diff drop, and after going back and forth about it, I decided to keep it on. So I used a bunch of washers to space out the skid.

For the front 4 bolts, I used five 7/16" washers on each bolt.
    For the 2 rear bolts, I used four 5/16" washers on each bolts (the 2 rear bolts are smaller).

If you're like me and took off the stock skid a long time ago and don't have the hardware for the 2 rear bolts, I used a slightly longer bolt: M8-1.25x35 bolts, as well as a washer on each bolt. (The 2 front and 2 center bolts of the skid use the hardware from the stock skid brackets).

In total, I bought twenty 7/16" washers and ten 5/16" washers.

And to answer my previous question above, it doesn't really matter if you install the bumper of skid first.

2. Nov 13, 2016 at 10:04 PM
    azgunrunner

azgunrunner A guy that knows a guy, that knows a guy...

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB Sport
    ADS 2.5, Dakar leaf springs KMF sliders CBI Ditch light mounts, DD SS3 pods Bumpers pending OBA pending
    I just installed the IFS tonight followi ping the posted instructions and it appears to sit against the sway bar. The truck now makes all sorts of noise when I hit a bump due to the sway bar I believe. Should I be worried about it? Is there a way to get the skid off the sway bar ?

Products Discussed in

To Top