1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All-Pro New Product Release & Give-a-way!

Discussion in 'All-Pro Off Road' started by allpro, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Sep 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM
    allpro

allpro [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    All Kinds Of Toyotas!!!
    2005+ Access/Dbl Cab SB Tacoma 80" Standard-Duty Rock Sliders - Only $299/pr Introductory Price through 9/30/13! to Buy Now

[​IMG]

Our Standard-Duty Rock Sliders are made entirely of MIG welded 1.75 x .120 steel tubing with fully gusseted 1/4" thick 4x4" mounting plates. These sliders are a great value considering they have the same outer structure as our higher priced offerings. They can be bolted-on (frame drilling required), but if intended to be used as slider rather than just a step, we recommend welding them on. Once welded, they are strong enough to hold the weight of the vehicle and make a great hi-lift jacking point!

All-Pro Off Road has been an innovator in developing products for the 05+ Tacomas, using decades of extreme off-roading experience. Our Rock Sliders have been trail tested on some of the most grueling trails around, from the Rubicon to the Hammers and Moab. We know that rock sliders must be strong to protect your truck, as well as provide the optimal amount of ground clearance. The rocker panels are one of the most vulnerable areas of your vehicle, so leave it to us to provide you with the protection you need! We now offer 3 versions of this popular product - Standard-Duty, Heavy-Duty, and Extreme-Duty (APex).

Material:
    They are built from USA produced heavy-duty steel tubing. At All-Pro, we only use domestic steel for our sliders. Most of the steel tubing on the market these days is imported, mostly from China and India, at very attractive prices compared to US manufactured steel. But, we’ve realized you get what you pay for and in order to build the best product, we need to use the best material regardless of cost. We order our steel from US steel mills in large quantities called "mill bundles" so that we can maintain material quality and build a product that is stronger than the competition. By ordering mill bundles, we can specify that the tubing meets our wall thickness requirements. Steel manufacturers have tolerances and specifications they have to maintain to be certified. However, we have found that over the years, the import suppliers push those limits to the max, so that you do not get what you’re paying for. In fact, most .120" wall import steel only measures .111 to .112", resulting in about 10% less strength and sliders that are made from inadequate material that isn’t what it is advertised to be. So, All-Pro not only supports our own US economy, we are also giving our customers a better, stronger product while doing so!

Design:
    The shape of the outer tube is very critical and determines how much body protection it will provide as well as how the truck slides along the obstacles without getting hung up. The outer tubes of the Tacoma Rock Sliders are 1.75" diameter, and angle upward to provide more ground clearance and door protection. The rear of our Rock Sliders extend outward just before the rear wheels to provide extra body protection where it is needed most. In fact, All-Pro was the first to offer this "Kick-Out" design (since 1998) to protect the rear portion of the cab while maneuvering through tight obstacles. You'll be glad you have this feature next time you're wheeling next to a boulder, because as you near the end of the Rock Sliders they will push your truck out and away from danger just in time.

Don't be fooled by other "kick-out" designs that don't offer enough protection or a smooth transition to the "kick-out", like ours do. Our design was initially ridiculed by competitors mainly because they didn’t understand its function in body protection and how the kick-out can improve the ability to maneuver around an obstacle. Today, they still don’t understand, but many offer kick-outs merely because of their popularity. However, the design of other kick-outs can actually hinder forward motion of the vehicle by having abrupt angles, and they also lack sufficient body protection with inadequate kick-out sizes. Dubbed 2-stage, 3-stage, bat wings, or whatever they’re called, they all fall short with inferior kick-outs that will likely grab ahold of the obstacle and keep you there. All-Pro's kick-out design is more gradual and will allow the tube to slide along the rocks and gently push the body away from danger just as it reaches its most vulnerable area, which is the part of the rocker panel and lower cab area just before the rear tire. You want a slider that will actually slide and not one that will grab.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GIVE-A-WAY!
    Okay, now that you've read through all the details about this new product, all you have to do to enter our give-a-way is to reply to this thread with a paragraph or two about why you need these rock sliders! Include any info you'd like as well as pictures. The winner, as chosen by us, will receive a FREE set of All-Pro Standard-Duty Rock Sliders ($299 value)! If you've already purchased them, a refund will be issued. Contest ends 9/30/13.

2. Sep 4, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Already got sliders, but good luck to who ever wins.

3. Sep 4, 2013 at 10:36 AM
    apedosmilglass

apedosmilglass Active Member

Member:
    san antonio
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD SPORT DCAB 4x4
    I have these horrible bolt on nfabs that will break as soon as a pebble hits them. love my all pro apex bumper and my ifs skid plate. If those sliders are anywhere near the quality of my bumper and skid plate they are well worth the price. So since my truck is turning into a all pro truck might as well just give me the sliders. thnx

photo (2).jpg

4. Sep 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    extrmsob293

extrmsob293 Well-Known Member

Member:
    hell yeahhh

5. Sep 4, 2013 at 11:02 AM
    Str8Flexin

Str8Flexin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1998 Taco SAS linked Crawler
    Lots of stuff

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6. Sep 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Perfect response! :thumbsup:

7. Sep 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    My wife has trouble getting into the truck. No big deal tho.... eh never won anything anyhow so probably just end up buying em. But I'm broke. Oh yeah love my expo's!!! I'm sure there are a lot more deserving people out there than me. Might make a good gift for a returning vet.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  8. Sep 4, 2013 at 11:14 AM
    BudMan

BudMan knee scooters R us

Member:
    First Name:
    Bret
    Alameda, CA, (Bay Area)
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DC 4x4
    stuff
    My truck told me that if there is one more close call (or worse) to the rocker panels, then I can forget about gettin any action (off road) for some time. She wants me to buy her protection before we can proceed. She is picky and only wants the best. I'm sure some All-Pro Standard-Duty Sliders would put her in a frisky mood ;);)

9. Sep 4, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    WarEagleForLife

WarEagleForLife Awesome Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Tallahassee
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Pre-runner
    1) 3 inch ProComp Suspenion lift 2) 32 inch Nexen Roadian MT tires 3) Cold air intake 4) GoRhino Brush Guard
    Had a set of All-pro sliders on my last truck. Saved my ass too many times then I can count. But when you let your girlfriend drive your prized possession out in front of an on coming car at 50 mph, sliders wont necessarily save your truck this time. Got a new 06 Trd sport after the accident, but haven't had the money to add another set of sliders,(or any other mods for that matter) since I had to come out of pocket quite a bit after the accident. Help a brother out!

10. Sep 4, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    Are these HREW or DOM?

11. Sep 4, 2013 at 11:30 AM
    Papa Taco

Papa Taco HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab 4x4 6 Speed
    Follow the yellow brick road
    I recently purchased my 2011 Tacoma Access Cab less than a month ago. I love my truck and have massive plans for it. I take it out wheeling as much as possible and wouldn't have it any other way. When ever an obstacle looks challenging I am always the first to try it. This can lead to unforeseen issues such as the one that occurred Labor day Monday where tree root in hiding jumped out of no where and attacked my door and dragged along the rocker panel.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :( the results are pretty obvious that I truly need a set of sliders and would be very happy to be able to avoid future instances such as this.

thanks for your time :)

12. Sep 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    My poor truck is in tears now because she is an old 1st Gen who is trying her hardest to stay up with the younger girls. Her headlights were sagging, so a little plastic (and glass) Surgery helped out there, and she needed to get the front end locked since she couldn't keep her traction on the big hills. She desperately wants to get some protection because face it, at her age she doesn't need little pieces of her to off-spring from her body. Protection is a must. So yes, sadly she is crying her eyes out and feeling she is being discriminated against. Poor thing, she just looks so sad....

13. Sep 4, 2013 at 11:41 AM
    myhi4x

myhi4x Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    On a military pay check I could use some help with my build!

14. Sep 4, 2013 at 11:41 AM
    apedosmilglass

Member:
    san antonio
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD SPORT DCAB 4x4
    LOL PAPA TACO...Its too late for the rock sliders.

15. Sep 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    MonkeyProof

MonkeyProof Power Top

Member:
    SoCal- SGV
  16. Sep 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    Gabassman

Gabassman Drive it like a 4WD

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Georgia
    Well first off I really want a set of sliders and from what I've read y'all make really good products and at 299 that's a good deal. I love my truck and I love to take my truck places it probably shouldn't as a DD. I'm wanting to add sliders for protection and as a jack point for a high lift. Not only are sliders functional they are freaking bad ass looking. I would purchase a set if I could but all mods have been put on hold for who knows how long. I just recently graduated college in may and still after the many resumes and applications I have sent out I am still unemployed. Thank you for the opportunity to win such an awesome product. Wish I could just go ahead and buy a set.

17. Sep 4, 2013 at 11:53 AM
    apedosmilglass

Member:
    san antonio
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD SPORT DCAB 4x4
    my little dog just got hit by a car. i was holding his little paw at the hospital... it looked
    liked he was trying to say something so i moved closer.. he whispered..wiiiinnn, win those sliders. then he was gone. :(

18. Sep 4, 2013 at 12:10 PM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    Hmmm, where to begin with why I need these sliders, for starters I am a budget builder who can't afford to make a great off-road/outdoor vehicle so I have to take the time to learn how to do things on my own. Although I'm a PreRunner, I have dreams of making my truck into a the ultimate camping/outdoor companion, starting with a kayak rack, then onto other projects including a bed rack/rail system with jerry can holders, tire mount and so on. Primarily because of cost this is a slow build, however I don't really have a timeline, my truck is 170k miles ans still going strong and I plan on holding onto it long enough to pass on to my boys. I would love to add sliders for the hill country area, hoping to not get stuck on anything, but I know with my skills it is bound to happen, so I need these to prevent or limit the damage that is one day inevitable otherwise.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  19. Sep 4, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    Papa Taco

Papa Taco HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab 4x4 6 Speed
    Follow the yellow brick road
    naaaaaawwwww a new door from the junk and I'm right back to original. I was lucky it was a stump and not a rock...... that would have been waaaaaaaay worse.

20. Sep 4, 2013 at 12:15 PM
    alegav

alegav TeamBlue

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD T|X Baja
    Pelfreybilt IFS Skid, Mid Skid and Plate Bumper, Rigid Industries Dually's, ARB CKMA12 On Board Air, Kenwood TM-281A Radio, Rear view mirror relocation bracket, Wheelers SuperBumps, Toytec Baja Spacer
    I bought the Baja package with my Tacoma so I spent all of my money and now cant afford your awesome rock sliders. Please help me!!!! (first world problems)

Alez

Products Discussed in

To Top