1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All-pro Off-road 3" lift leaf pack **Feedback Needed**

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by HIJAK, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Apr 24, 2015 at 7:53 AM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    That's so weird. I've had my expo for 3 years (also CA) and it has never squeaked

2. Aug 17, 2015 at 12:18 PM
    cr500taco

cr500taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    Northridge
    Vehicle:
    4WD
    reviving this thread.

How much of a rake is there with the all pro standards and the front lifted 2.5" on a 1st Gen 4WD? Right now, I have the Bilstein's up front with the stock CO's set at 2.5" and for the rear, I added an AAL, but kept the overload leaf to keep the rake so I can haul stuff without the rear sagging too much. I am going to be getting new OEM CO's when I get the leafs.

How well do the all pro standards handle weight? i looked into the Expos, but they would lift the rear too high for me, plus I have read that they ride stiff without weight. My truck is a DD and it only really hauls weight when i go camping or hauling a couple of dirt bikes and gear to go riding.

3. Aug 17, 2015 at 7:07 PM
    Tracy@All-Pro Off Road

Tracy@All-Pro Off Road Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tracy
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    Too many to list
    Our standard springs will sit 1/2" to an 1" higher than the set up you have now and will give a nice ride and won't sag when you haul the dirt bikes when you need them.

4. Aug 17, 2015 at 7:11 PM
    HectoRome

HectoRome Playing Scientist In The PNW

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 TRD Off-Road Debadged, Icon Stuffs, MaxTrac Spindles, Dirt King LCAs, Archive Garage Shackle Flip
    59926P ICON 2.5 Remote Reservoir Front Coil Over Shocks 56103 Icon Rear Hydraulic Bump Stop Kit K53163 Icon RXT Leaf Springs Kit 58730 Icon 2.5 Front Remote Reservoir Coil overs 59926P Icon 2.5 RXT OMEGA Remote Reservoir By-Pass Shocks 58550 Icon Billet Aluminum Upper Control Arms Dirt King Steel Lower Control, 1” Uni-ball Joints Archive Garage Rear Leaf Spring Shackle Flip Kit TRD Cat Back Exhaust TRD High Flow Air Filter Kenwood Receiver + JL Audio Speakers Extended Stainless Steel Front Brake Lines Extended Stainless Steel Rear Brake Lines Electronic Locking Rear Differential Rigid LED Driving Lights LED Bar in Bumper Top Windshield LED Bar Custom TACOMA Raptor Grill w/ LED Running Lights METHOD Standard Matte Black Wheels
    Tracy sold me my All Pro Standards and they ride great and the lift height is perfect.

Buy with confidence . . .

5. Aug 17, 2015 at 7:12 PM
    Tracy@All-Pro Off Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Tracy
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    Too many to list
    So glad to hear you're happy with them!:thumbsup:

6. Aug 17, 2015 at 7:13 PM
    HectoRome

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 TRD Off-Road Debadged, Icon Stuffs, MaxTrac Spindles, Dirt King LCAs, Archive Garage Shackle Flip
    59926P ICON 2.5 Remote Reservoir Front Coil Over Shocks 56103 Icon Rear Hydraulic Bump Stop Kit K53163 Icon RXT Leaf Springs Kit 58730 Icon 2.5 Front Remote Reservoir Coil overs 59926P Icon 2.5 RXT OMEGA Remote Reservoir By-Pass Shocks 58550 Icon Billet Aluminum Upper Control Arms Dirt King Steel Lower Control, 1” Uni-ball Joints Archive Garage Rear Leaf Spring Shackle Flip Kit TRD Cat Back Exhaust TRD High Flow Air Filter Kenwood Receiver + JL Audio Speakers Extended Stainless Steel Front Brake Lines Extended Stainless Steel Rear Brake Lines Electronic Locking Rear Differential Rigid LED Driving Lights LED Bar in Bumper Top Windshield LED Bar Custom TACOMA Raptor Grill w/ LED Running Lights METHOD Standard Matte Black Wheels
    Thanks for the sweet price break on the shipping too ! ! !

Been driving the truck hard too, thanks for everything Tracy . . .

7. Aug 17, 2015 at 7:14 PM
    Tracy@All-Pro Off Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Tracy
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    Too many to list
    That's awesome!! It's my pleasure! Thank you for including us in your build

8. Aug 18, 2015 at 1:27 PM
    cr500taco

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    Northridge
    Vehicle:
    4WD
    Thanks for taking the time to respond.

if I remember correct, the rear is lifted about 2.25". So, your standard leafs should give it another .75" more of lift. I'll have to jack up the rear end to where it's .75" higher above the rear tires to see how the rake is.

What's the weight rating of the standard leafs compared to stock? I read that the Expos have a 20% higher spring rate than your standards, which is an extra 400-500lbs of cargo?
    The standards will handle hauling camping equipment, once in a awhile? . I migjht install either your bumper with the receiver hitch and with a hitch mounted tire carrier or a swing out tire carrier bumper. I also pull a popup trailer, too

9. Aug 18, 2015 at 2:18 PM
    Tracy@All-Pro Off Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Tracy
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    Too many to list
    Our standard leafs are 10% stiffer than stock. I might suggest running a Timbren bumpstop to help out with the extra weight when you do tow or load your bed down, in addition to the rear bumper and hitch.

10. Aug 20, 2015 at 9:40 PM
    cr500taco

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    Northridge
    Vehicle:
    4WD
    Since, the leafs are a little stiffer than stock, I may not need the Timbren's, since it seems to handle the weight, right now. I have looked into them, but my understanding after looking at the install sheet, is that they will only work on stock height unless sometime of spacers are added and then wheel travel will be limited. But, I could and may be wrong. I've been meaning to contact Timbren about that.

11. Sep 28, 2015 at 12:37 PM
    jcloer1

jcloer1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    McMinnville, OR
    Vehicle:
    2007 White Tacoma 4WD Access cab (I call her Goat), 2019 White AC TRD OR
    Leveling kit, console organizer, ATO dual battery tray, dual Optima yellow tops, Mobtown recovery bar, quick disconnect wiring for hitch mounted winch, Omix-Ada dual battery relay kit, quick disconnect to rear for hitch mounted winch using a custom dash switch and solenoid, multiple bed D rings, All Pro Offroad Hi Lift bedrail mounts, quickfist mounts for shovel and axe in bedrail (TW member made), Blue Sea Systems 12 circuit panel, driving lights, two bullet holes in driver side mirror ;)
    Stiffer than stock?? That's unfortunate to hear. My '07 is obnoxiously bouncy already! How much of that is the shock compared to the springs?

12. Sep 28, 2015 at 12:44 PM
    allpro

allpro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    All Kinds Of Toyotas!!!
    So your shock will make your truck bouncy. A stiff spring will make your truck buck.

13. Sep 28, 2015 at 12:52 PM
    jcloer1

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    McMinnville, OR
    Vehicle:
    Leveling kit, console organizer, ATO dual battery tray, dual Optima yellow tops, Mobtown recovery bar, quick disconnect wiring for hitch mounted winch, Omix-Ada dual battery relay kit, quick disconnect to rear for hitch mounted winch using a custom dash switch and solenoid, multiple bed D rings, All Pro Offroad Hi Lift bedrail mounts, quickfist mounts for shovel and axe in bedrail (TW member made), Blue Sea Systems 12 circuit panel, driving lights, two bullet holes in driver side mirror ;)
    Not sure I know the difference. If I'm running down logging roads with pot holes, my jack is bouncing around in the bed and I'm being lifted out of my seat. :)

14. Sep 28, 2015 at 12:53 PM
    HectoRome

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Well shit, what you need is a Track Vehicle instead of one with wheels for those roads . . .

jcloer1[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Sep 28, 2015 at 12:56 PM
    jcloer1

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    McMinnville, OR
    Vehicle:
    Ooooh! New toy to add to the xmas list! :)

HectoRome likes this.
  16. Sep 29, 2015 at 9:17 AM
    Sicyota04

Sicyota04 Slowly but surely.

Member:
    First Name:
    Morgan
    California
    Vehicle:
    04 DC 4x4
    What setting do you have your Bilsteins on in the front with the Eibach coils? Instead of taking any leafs out couldn't you put the shock up to the next setting?

17. Oct 10, 2019 at 10:05 AM
    crhsharks12

crhsharks12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    ‘06 Tacoma 4WD TRD Sport DCSB 4.0L V6
    Icon 2.5 coils/2.0 rear, Camburg UCA's, Icon AAL Springs Softopper & BA Bumper
    I have no idea if this is the cause but maybe check your U bolts? Make sure everything is all nice and tight. Real tight.

Hamer95USA likes this.
  18. Oct 10, 2019 at 1:47 PM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    I think he's probably figured it out in the 4 years since the last post. :D

19. Mar 10, 2021 at 8:17 PM
    BSC_808

BSC_808 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen
    Vehicle:
    ‘07 Tacoma V6 4x4
    Bilstein leveling kit
    I'm also between the expos and standard, but have a fiberglass camper and small roof rack also usually carry around some lumber or tools, would this warrant the EXPO's?

also this thread's from 2014.... any new news?

20. Mar 10, 2021 at 8:25 PM
    alarka

alarka Well-Known Member

Member:
    WNC/SE GA
    Vehicle:
    2k X cab 3.4 5spd
    King ex travel, JBA UCA’s, All Pro Springs/shackles, Locked, all new poly bushings & rack, SS brake & clutch lines, ext bumps for starters.
    I have the AP standards and like them so far the ride is firm not stiff and I’m pretty happy with the factory looking stance which is slightly higher than the front, but if loaded it’s level F&R, but I don’t have a camper or RR and only carry maybe 500lbs occasionally, so you might want to lean Expo’s.

Products Discussed in

To Top