1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All Pro Offroad Plate Bumper Install Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by Vlaude, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Vlaude

Vlaude [OP] Member

Member:
    McKinney, Tejas
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    First off just wanted to say I enjoy reading the forum and the great info. Been reading it off and on since I bought my Tacoma a few years ago. So... Thanks!

OK now to my frustration, the All Pro instructions are horrible! I removed the bumper fascia and the two endcaps... OK then I figure out I need to remove the top bumper bracing, not noted in the instructions... Try again, then realize I needed to remove the tow hook (not the loop) off the frame. Third time a charm? Nope still can't seem to get it high enough to mount it on the 6 bolts. I think the problem is the factory skid plate? Do I have to take the factory skid plate off??? :confused: This is not mentioned in the instructions. It appears in the instructions they have installed an All Pro skidplate.

Also, is there anything else I need to remove prior to installing the bumper. I've probably spent 3 hours trying to just mount this thing after removings the fascia and putting the bumper together, shouldn't be this difficult. Wish the instructions would be a bit better. Sure would have saved me a LOT of time! (frustration coming out :()

I appreciate any feedback! THANKS!!!

To Top