1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All Pro Offroad Plate Bumper Install Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by Vlaude, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Sep 12, 2009 at 10:45 AM
    Vlaude

Vlaude [OP] Member

Member:
    McKinney, Tejas
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    First off just wanted to say I enjoy reading the forum and the great info. Been reading it off and on since I bought my Tacoma a few years ago. So... Thanks!

OK now to my frustration, the All Pro instructions are horrible! I removed the bumper fascia and the two endcaps... OK then I figure out I need to remove the top bumper bracing, not noted in the instructions... Try again, then realize I needed to remove the tow hook (not the loop) off the frame. Third time a charm? Nope still can't seem to get it high enough to mount it on the 6 bolts. I think the problem is the factory skid plate? Do I have to take the factory skid plate off??? :confused: This is not mentioned in the instructions. It appears in the instructions they have installed an All Pro skidplate.

Also, is there anything else I need to remove prior to installing the bumper. I've probably spent 3 hours trying to just mount this thing after removings the fascia and putting the bumper together, shouldn't be this difficult. Wish the instructions would be a bit better. Sure would have saved me a LOT of time! (frustration coming out :()

I appreciate any feedback! THANKS!!!

To Top