1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All pro spacer shimmy

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Krazie Sj, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Sep 22, 2009 at 8:15 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj [OP] Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    So I put 1¼" spacers front and back on my truck with stock alloys and stock suspension. At first I got some pretty wicked shimmy at 65-70mph so I took the front wheels and spacers off, scrubbed the alloys and hubs off with a wire brush and threw everything back on, torqued correctly. And I still have the shimmy, but it's nicely subdued. Needless to say I'd like no shimmy at all.

It comes and goes every 3-5 minutes and only lasts for about 30 seconds or so. Does it just need to break in or is something fucked? Would I get a shimmy from the back being out of wack? It's just in the steering, I don't feel it in the truck at all, and the back wheels came off really easy from the hubs unlike the fronts which I had to take the nuts off and lower the truck down gently to let the weight bust the seal on those.

2. Sep 22, 2009 at 8:25 PM
    frankrizzo1

frankrizzo1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab TRD Prerunner
    5100's at 1.75, Firestone Destination AT 265/75/16
    Dude, shitcan those spacers.... they suck. You want to buy the spidertrax hub centric spacers. Lots of people are running those with zero vibration.

3. Sep 22, 2009 at 8:51 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Apparently they're comparable. Hub centric and the whole 9 yards.

4. Sep 22, 2009 at 10:17 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Yea I thought the All Pro's were going to be pretty much the same also. Hub centric with good studs and all that. Your alignment might be slightly out now.. with AT/MT's it doesn't take much angle to get some shimmy. Also, might wanna check the tire balance again too.

5. Sep 22, 2009 at 10:44 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Really? Even though it's an occasional thing? Weird. I'm getting new tires put on in October as soon as I get 5100's thrown on my truck.

6. Sep 22, 2009 at 10:51 PM
    aces2

aces2 Senior Arshole

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 RR AC 4x4
    Flowmaster 40, K&N CAI, RED brake light bulbs, BHLM, Rear dif breather line, Factory Skidplate painted BLACK, DRL's, YELLOW bulbs in Fogs Turn Signals and Marker lights, Custom "Toy Machine" center emblem, Sockmonkey "Nor-Cal" decals all BLACK, Redline tailgate damper and hood sruts, Painted steering wheel emblem BLACK, 12V always on, Foglight mod, 16" Pro-Comp 7089 rims BLACK powdercoated acorn lugnuts, BFG KM2's 285-75-16, Painted exhaust pipe BLACK, BLACK emblems all the way around, Rear BLACK bumper from base model, Radical RED "sport" grille-surround, Factory Toyota Bed extender, RED maglight mounted on each seat's side, TRD ball-type shift knob, Custom mounted Scangauge II under stereo, Aftermarket HU, Hardwired Garmin GPS 260W, TSB w/AAL and 2.5" 5100's, Weathertech floor liners, Removed front mud flaps, 95-04 "4WD" rear mudflaps, 3rd Brake light "TACO", BLACK front lip
    Sj, I know you don't know your way around a Tacoma very well (lol jk man!)... But really, are you going to believe someone who says to "shitcan those spacers" with the only reason being that "they suck".

If that dip knew anything, he'd know that they are comparable as you stated, and are actually in fact hub centric as well, just like spidertrax...

Yes, it is true that spidertrax are definitely more popular on here, but that doesn't mean that because these are all-pro's that "they suck". Does spidertrax make a fucking awesome aftermarket front bumper? No. But all-pro does...

They aren't a bad company, nor do they generally make "suck" products...

As far as your problem, unfortunately I cannot help you. If it were me, I'd call all-pro, relate to them my problem, try and get a new set shipped to me, r2 them, and start my trouble shooting there. Maybe they had a bad batch. No company is perfect, but I think all-pro is a good one from what I've seen over the years...

7. Sep 22, 2009 at 11:35 PM
    frankrizzo1

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Listen here Acesjj fruitcake, I have better things to do than offer good advice to the original poster or to argue with you who is obviously a keyboard jockey and has nothing useful to say. To the original poster, search this forum as well as ttora and see for yourself what other people
    are saying about the shimmy/shake they have experienced with the all pro spacers/ebay spacers. Same people are reporting smooth sailing when having switched to spidertrax.

And Acesjj, bite be rubberneck.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  8. Sep 22, 2009 at 11:39 PM
    aces2

aces2 Senior Arshole

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 RR AC 4x4
    Flowmaster 40, K&N CAI, RED brake light bulbs, BHLM, Rear dif breather line, Factory Skidplate painted BLACK, DRL's, YELLOW bulbs in Fogs Turn Signals and Marker lights, Custom "Toy Machine" center emblem, Sockmonkey "Nor-Cal" decals all BLACK, Redline tailgate damper and hood sruts, Painted steering wheel emblem BLACK, 12V always on, Foglight mod, 16" Pro-Comp 7089 rims BLACK powdercoated acorn lugnuts, BFG KM2's 285-75-16, Painted exhaust pipe BLACK, BLACK emblems all the way around, Rear BLACK bumper from base model, Radical RED "sport" grille-surround, Factory Toyota Bed extender, RED maglight mounted on each seat's side, TRD ball-type shift knob, Custom mounted Scangauge II under stereo, Aftermarket HU, Hardwired Garmin GPS 260W, TSB w/AAL and 2.5" 5100's, Weathertech floor liners, Removed front mud flaps, 95-04 "4WD" rear mudflaps, 3rd Brake light "TACO", BLACK front lip
    Lol, that "acesjj" guy sure did just get served. I can't wait to see his response. Is it just me... or does he ever bring out the BEST in people?!

9. Sep 22, 2009 at 11:47 PM
    frankrizzo1

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Thanks, I do what I can to impress you people from Hampton, VA

10. Sep 22, 2009 at 11:49 PM
    aces2

aces2 Senior Arshole

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 RR AC 4x4
    Nah, I'm from California, just like you :)

11. Sep 23, 2009 at 12:02 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
  12. Sep 23, 2009 at 4:24 AM
    Chazmanian

Chazmanian Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Stocker
    Damn bitches....Lol!

Spacers? I just gotta say...Why?

13. Sep 23, 2009 at 4:26 AM
    aces2

aces2 Senior Arshole

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 RR AC 4x4
    Why not? Oh yeah lol, I never actually said that I myself run eBay spacers... I love 'em!

I am still trying to figure out what he meant by "you people"...

14. Sep 23, 2009 at 8:16 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    To give larger tires on stock wheels the space they need to clear the UCA.

15. Sep 23, 2009 at 2:15 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Cause not all of us can afford $800+ worth of new wheels, but still need bigger tires. And I like my stock wheels so why waste a perfectly good set of alloys.

Products Discussed in

To Top