1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All-Pro's 2005+ Tacoma Rear Bumpers - New Low Price!

Discussion in 'All-Pro Off Road' started by stroM-, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Jun 17, 2011 at 6:02 AM
    Taco Gunner

Taco Gunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2006 Access Cab TRD Offroad
    Jason...check your mail and PM.

2. Jun 20, 2011 at 1:52 PM
    LBCdan

LBCdan TACO --> TUNDRA

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra CM 4x4
    Toytec Coilovers, TotalChaos UCA, Icon w/ Resi, Toytec Lift Shackle, Methods w/ 285/75/18 Tires.
    x2.

** Is this a simple bolt on? Or is trimming required? Fit 5-Lug?

These bumpers look mother fuckin tizite! :D

3. Jun 20, 2011 at 2:01 PM
    YFZ450MOE

YFZ450MOE When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Auburn, WA / Roseburg, OR
    Vehicle:
    09 white DCSB TRD (it's getting there)
    Icon Extended Travel 2.5" Coil Overs All-Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit Bilstien Rear Shocks Fabtech Add-a-Leaf Icon Upper Control Arms All-Pro Rear Bumper w/ Wrap Arounds & Hitch with custom LED plate light BHLM and Morimoto III D2S retrofit Satoshi Grill 2 Hella Black Magics behind Grill Bestop Supertop BAMF sliders
    Will the bumper with a stock TRD off road hitch? I've seen some guys flip the hitch upside down for more clearence, will that work? And if not how is the hitch mounted, Bumper or truck frame?? Does it come powedercoated?

4. Jun 22, 2011 at 9:04 PM
    themuffinman619

themuffinman619 Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Member:
    First Name:
    themuffinman
    Vehicle:
    Your moms house
    Jason, I pm'd you and Sarah last week asking about the license plate lights that work with the bumper. Is this something you guys carry?

5. Jun 24, 2011 at 5:12 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    I think I might get this done soon. How much do you guys want for powdercoating (including side wraps)? I'll probably do local pick up this time for the hell of it :)

6. Feb 12, 2012 at 7:08 PM
    yotasrock

yotasrock I love tacos

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    SO CAL
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner
    TUBE BUMPER,REAR SMOKED LED LIGHTS,2 TONE MB WHEELS, 265/75R16 (ONE SIZE UP), TOW HOOK (AKA TAIL GATOR HOOK), 2 REAR DRIVING LIGHTS, CB RADIO 4FOOT FIRE STICK,LED MAG LIGHT W/ MOUNT ON DRIVER SIDE SEAT,TRD intake
    :) that bumper is going on my truck after i buy the hopefully all pro makes the hybrid bumper:D

7. Feb 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    Wow, that's a good price. I was out beating on mine today. Backed over a 4'' thick tree (had to, no other way out; dead end trail) and went through a few ditches that required scraping the bumper.

8. Jun 10, 2012 at 11:26 PM
    YFZ450MOE

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Vehicle:
    Icon Extended Travel 2.5" Coil Overs All-Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit Bilstien Rear Shocks Fabtech Add-a-Leaf Icon Upper Control Arms All-Pro Rear Bumper w/ Wrap Arounds & Hitch with custom LED plate light BHLM and Morimoto III D2S retrofit Satoshi Grill 2 Hella Black Magics behind Grill Bestop Supertop BAMF sliders
    Any word on plate lights yet. I out my on today then did a little head scratching over a few things:

No plate light mounts??
    Hitch hit spare tire so I had to remove tire??
    Side plate bolts fit goofy and not much room for adjustment of side plates??
    Fitment on truck looks goofy with a 2" gap below tailgate and 1.5" below tails??

Anyone have answers for this besides reeming out the holes which is what I'm about to do when I can.

9. Jun 25, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    YFZ450MOE

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Vehicle:
    Really nobody???
    Am I the only one who has this problem??

10. Jun 25, 2012 at 9:02 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    It does have licsense plate lights (and it comes with them... though I'm not fond of them and don't run them myself... I'm using LED). My spare barely fit being a 33" to begin with so... I was fully expecting it to not fit... :shrug: Fitment looks fine for me, it's an aftermarket armor bumper... I haven't installed my side plates yet either so I can't say.

Gap seems ok to me. Keep in mind... gap is intentional for frame flex so it doesn't go up and bust your tail lights too.

[​IMG]

11. Jun 25, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    themuffinman619

themuffinman619 Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Member:
    First Name:
    themuffinman
    Vehicle:
    Your moms house
    Got any pics of how you mounted the LED light for the license plate? I have the ones that all pro sent with the bumper, but have never got around to installing them, so my lights are tucked up behind the bumper just hanging out of the way.

12. Jun 25, 2012 at 9:25 PM
    YFZ450MOE

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Vehicle:
    Where do the lights mount?

And how would the body flex almost 2"s from the frame on the bed? I've had the rear tire stuffed on one side and it never came close. Even with the other tire off the ground. It looks almost unfinished and half assed which I find hard to believe coming from AP. I like them and I like their products but I feel there could be just a tad more done to make this a little better.

13. Jun 25, 2012 at 9:35 PM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    I had to modify my bumper as well.

I hated the chrome on the license plate lights, so I just painted them black and called it a day

[​IMG]

I also added another tab to fit the 7-pin connector since my 33" spare wouldn't allow it to fit in the stock area
    [​IMG]

flip license plate holder
    [​IMG]

I also added an air coupler
    [​IMG]

and added a bracket on the passenger side for my CB antenna
    [​IMG]

14. Jun 25, 2012 at 9:46 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    There are pre-drilled holes for the lights... see the above pic the other guy posted for location. Mine.... just led strips siliconed on... works fine lol.

And meh, to each their own. Sounds to me like you're just whining about it instead of looking for actual suggestions on how to correct stuff. If you don't like it, sell it and go with another option. For me, I love it. As well as it proved itself ten fold to me already after it obliterated a Chevy 1500 Z71 that rear ended me at 20mph and didn't do jack all to the bumper or my truck (minus a busted light cap and dented tail gate from where the truck wrapped around the bumper). So, for me it's a solid option and I couldn't be happier.

Also note, especially with the hidden hitch option... it's a high clearance bumper, it's pulled in closer than the stock bumper... so you've eliminated some space where there was a gap before where the spare went. Gotta pay to play.

15. Jun 25, 2012 at 9:58 PM
    YFZ450MOE

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Vehicle:
    I am whining. Plain and simple. There are things I can do myself as I do fab things up and make my own stuff. But seeing as this is a company that makes this shit for a living it seems to me they could've done a bit better that's all I'm saying. I am in no doubt knocking its structural integrity or the way it was built but more of how it is fit to the vehicle. It looks amazing and that's why I chose it but I think it would look better a little closer to the truck with better alignment options.

16. Jun 25, 2012 at 10:01 PM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    I think the 2" gap is perfect. My license plate holder flips up and clears the tailgate. And my air coupler clears with the tailgate down :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Jun 25, 2012 at 10:09 PM
    YFZ450MOE

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Vehicle:
    But I don't have an air coupler chilling up on my bumper. Haha So I guess all I'm complaining about is aesthetics. Sounds lame and I feel like a douche saying it but it's true. I wheel my rig and know its going to take a beating but I still want it to look nice and have a clean lookin finish to it.

18. Jun 25, 2012 at 10:11 PM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    doesn't the OEM bumper have the same size gap? how else are you suppose to access the opening to drop the spare?

19. Jun 25, 2012 at 10:13 PM
    YFZ450MOE

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Vehicle:
    It might but maybe it just isn't as noticeable. But what about the gap below the tails. I'll take some measurements when i get a chance for comparison.

20. Jun 25, 2012 at 10:19 PM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    Poked through some of my pictures to try and get a comparison.

[​IMG]

photo9_d1592a34acf33bb0a9fe6891c6315b456dd29a8b.jpg

I think the AP bumper does have a little bigger of a gap, but I think we're talking less than 1" more

Products Discussed in

To Top