1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All Memes Marvel

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by ThunderCookies, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Apr 30, 2019 at 6:28 AM
    ThunderCookies

ThunderCookies [OP] This is the Wait

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    Yep saw that too - also read they will likely bundle with Hulu and ESPN+ since they own (majority of) both.

2. Apr 30, 2019 at 6:35 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    No idea if this is legit or not, but it's making the rounds.

58382713_2590820597812782_59527661447366_1e546f1c5aed4fc07bed2ea5b2d8e6c82f31a295.jpg

3. Apr 30, 2019 at 6:37 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    I've heard of most of those already so I'm sure there is some legitimacy to it.
    Seems a bit late for this one... :bananadead:

4. Apr 30, 2019 at 7:00 AM
    CaptAmerica

CaptAmerica Asphalt Avenger! TTC#13

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    In a van down by the river
    Vehicle:
    Gen 2.9 DCLB TRD Sport w/tech
    Stickers and not enough wax
    BW origin story culminating in Budapest, where Clint has the opportunity to kill Black Widow but doesn't.

The_Hodge likes this.
  5. Apr 30, 2019 at 7:59 AM
    Gyrkin

Gyrkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma TRD v6 5-speed
    I have a question about Endgame.
    So Tony Stark makes this machine that allows them to time travel via the quantum realm, and they have these wrist watch things that control where they go. Well how do Tony and Steve go directly from New York 2012 to New Jersey 1970 without going through the machine? The time travel machine isn't on either end of that trip.

HomerTaco likes this.
  6. Apr 30, 2019 at 8:28 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    The bracelet allows them to pinpoint times in the quantum realm to do the time travel. The machine just gets them into and out of the quantum realm. Since they were already in, they didn't need to hop out and go back. I think that makes some sort of sense.

7. Apr 30, 2019 at 9:21 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    I'd agree with this. Same reasoning on how CA is able to enter the quantum realm just 1 time at the end of the movie and then go put each of the time stones back in their rightful places and then go back to 1950s to start over with Peggy. And (as it was supposed to happen) he would come back 5seconds later where everyone was at the machine regardless of how much time it took him to do what he needed to do, but obviously he had other plans...

8. Apr 30, 2019 at 9:28 AM
    Tsinajinii

Tsinajinii Black Wood Streak People

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamin
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB 4x4 TRD Sport
    OME 885's paired to Bilstien 5100's, LR UCA's, OME Dakars w/ 5160's, Debadged Tailgate, TRD Stickers Removed, ARE Topper, Tailgate Theft Deterrent Mod, Mobtown Tailgate Skin, Light Bar in Hood Skewp, VIAIR OBA, Diaz Fabrication - T.H.R.B., Always on Cig. Outlet, BAMF behind the grill light mount with KC HiLites Pro Halogens, KC HiLites Flex ditch lights
    Can't wait to come back and click on all the spoiler buttons.
    Just bought my tickets for a showing tomorrow afternoon.
    I told my wife that this is the only theater I was going to watch the movie in: https://www.harkins.com/cine1

How I feel having finally purchased my tickets:

CaptAmerica and HomerTaco like this.
  9. Apr 30, 2019 at 9:43 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    You are bold for even clicking on this thread. I went dark last Thursday as soon as the first showings started and didn't come back until Friday night after I saw it. I also stayed off Facebook and Instagram as well. Didn't want to take any chances. My wife kept scrolling through her IG next to me and I had to walk away because I kept telling her she was going to spoil it. I heard LeSean McCoy went on a rant about the movie on his accounts as soon as he walked out of the theater. I don't follow him, but I would 100% unfollow and probably change my allegiance from any team he plays for :rofl:. That's just irresponsible. BUT I also believe if you get spoiled online that's your own fault for risking it like that...

10. Apr 30, 2019 at 9:49 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I did pretty much the same. I wasn’t too worried about TW but FB, Insta, & YouTube were out of the question.

11. Apr 30, 2019 at 9:50 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    I follow too many meme pages that could easily spoil it with a picture of the movie or something like that. They've been good though, I've yet to see a meme trend yet and there is tons of content to use...
    fat thor :rofl:

parsonsjr and HomerTaco[QUOTED] like this.
  12. Apr 30, 2019 at 9:55 AM
    Gyrkin

Gyrkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    When they are in the past they are not in the quantum realm, they just use the quantum realm to get there. To come home they need to go back into the quantum realm. I guess Scott was able to get into the quantum realm without the machine in the first Ant-Man movie. So I guess my question now is, what is the big machine for if you don't need it?

13. Apr 30, 2019 at 9:56 AM
    jmahad01

jmahad01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    It's almost as hard seeing it early and not talking about it vs. seeing it late and avoiding spoilers.

14. Apr 30, 2019 at 10:00 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    They need the machine to shrink down small enough to get in the realm. Scott used the machine in the back of the van, and they were going to use it again until Thanos blew it up. I think in the very first Ant-Man Scott was able to shrink himself down small enough to get in, the same thing that happened to the original wasp, right? But she got stuck there...Back to End Game. They needed the machine to be brought back out of the realm. Once all of them collect their stones they came back through the realm portal and all showed up at the same time back on the machine, except without Black Widow...

HomerTaco likes this.
  15. Apr 30, 2019 at 10:09 AM
    RickS

RickS New Old Stock

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    DFW'ish, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '22 Tundra Limited
    Bobbles and trinkets
    So the machine was created by Pim to mitigate the risk of going in and out of the Realm. Scott's tip in and out that first time was sheer luck. Is that it?

16. Apr 30, 2019 at 10:17 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    In Ant-Man, Hank told a story about his wife going so small she got stuck in the quantum realm because she shrunk herself down smaller than an atom (went subatomic), there was a flashback scene where they were doing something on an airplane. I haven't seen that movie in a while so my details are foggy lol. Anyway, Scott does the same thing later in the movie when he shrinks down smaller than an atom to go inside of the Yellow Jacket's suit to beat him. He should've been stuck but he had one of Hank's 'discs' with him and it gave him a boost to get out and be normal sized again

Edit: The entire premise of Ant-Man and Wasp was building the machine to go into the quantum realm to try and rescue Hank's wife

Edit Edit:
    it really baffles me how the spend an entire moving building things but then in later movies build the same thing in a cut scene. For instance, Ant-Man and Wasps building the first machine to go to the quantum realm but then the avengers building a bigger and better one in the first 5min of End Game. Or Thanos going all the way to Nidavellir to have the infinity guantlet forged but then The Avengers made one with Tony's suit in about 2minutes in End Game

RickS[QUOTED] and The_Hodge like this.
  17. Apr 30, 2019 at 10:26 AM
    Gyrkin

Gyrkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    If they need the machine to come out of the realm there would need to be one in the past, and at those places, for them to come out of. If you need the machine to come out of, and go in to the realm, you could only travel to times and places that had a machine to come out of. If you only need to have it on one end of the journey, you couldn't go from one point in the past to another point in the past without the machine.

18. Apr 30, 2019 at 10:29 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    I think the Pym Particles are what allow them to go back and forth, which is why when they are standing in NYC they say but we only have enough to get back once. But then they use that one to go to 1970 where they can get more from the 1970 Hank.

toysrgood likes this.
  19. Apr 30, 2019 at 10:33 AM
    Wolftaco0503

Wolftaco0503 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    2013 Super White LONG BED TRD SPORT 4x4
    Maglite mod Bottle Opener in bed Weathertech Mats Front & Back
    In the Comic wasn't Hank Pym Yellow Jacket

20. Apr 30, 2019 at 11:18 AM
    RickS

RickS New Old Stock

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    DFW'ish, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '22 Tundra Limited
    Bobbles and trinkets
    I really need to pay closer attention next time I watch this as to Scott's explanation of how the realm can be used to travel thru space and time. I don't recall him doing it. And doesn't time pass normally while in the realm? Hank's wife came out looking 20 some years older for all the years.

Products Discussed in

To Top