1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All-Weather Mats for my 2012

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Rotorheader, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Jan 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM
    Rotorheader

Rotorheader [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner 4-cyl
    Been waiting too long for after-market front floor mats. Finally went to Costco and paid $20.00 for good ones. I removed the OEM carpet mats, and examined the fastener and grommet. I determined that the grommet was only pressed together, so got a wide blade screwdriver and gently pried under the front black plastic, and the clear plastic backing popped right off. If you chose to do this, notice the alignment arrows on both little parts.

I next traced on the new rubber floor mats exactly where the holes needed to be cut to match the OEM holes. After some fine tuning with my knife, I sandwiched the fasteners, one at a time, and tapped the retaining ring back in its locking position. After doing this on both front mats, a bit of final trimming with the razor knife made them look as good as OEM, and they locked in place with no problems.

Total time on this install was less than an hour.

2. Jan 10, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    zul

zul Professional Goofball

Member:
    Oregon Territory
    Vehicle:
    '12 Pyrite Mica DCSB SR5 4WD V6 AT
    STOCK: DRL, Tow Package, All Weather Mats HAVE: Bed mat, Tailgate Lock, WANT: Rear Plate Bumper, Color-matched Grille, Heated Wet Okoles, Weathertech Floor Liners, Avid Step Rails
    Pics? Sounds like a nifty little cheap mod for those who dont want to buy stock all-weather mats and are waiting (like the rest of us) for weathertechs for the '12's

3. Jan 10, 2012 at 6:30 PM
    Rotorheader

Rotorheader [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner 4-cyl
    Here are a couple pictures.

Gray mats for the gray fabric. Black might have been better, but this is OK

DSCF0134.jpg
    DSCF0135.jpg

4. Jan 11, 2012 at 1:07 PM
    Ciacci24

Ciacci24 Member

Member:
    Honolulu, hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '12 Dcab 4x4 TRD Sport 6MT
    i spoke with weather tech and they said the ending Jan and begining Feb the floor linear digital fit should be ready soon for the 2012 model.. I ain't in a rush i got the all weather for my 2012 double cab stock with my truck..

[​IMG]

But can't wait for these..

To Top