1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AllPro 3" Leafs + Billies

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by Geosh, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Geosh

Geosh [OP] Why yes, I AM a rocket scientist.

Member:
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '03 PreRunner DC, 3.4L
    I was looking for some rear leafs for my 03 DC Prerunner to replace my stock ones (worn out) and found a guy selling a "standard" All Pro leaf kit: https://www.allprooffroad.com/9504tacomarearsuspension/9504rearsuspensionkits

He says they only have about 10k miles on them. Anyone else run this kit? If so, what do you think? Also, is it a great deal for $240? I am trying to justify the cost to the wife and if it is a killer deal I will push harder to get them.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  2. taco47001

taco47001 Newborn

Member:
    Aurora, IN
    Vehicle:
    Silver Taco
    3" Lift (Billies 5100 front and back), Toytec springs, All Pro 3" Standard Pack, LR UCA's, Diff Drop, SCS F5's, 265/75/16 Treadwright Wardens, Rear Diff Breather, pinch weld mod, Morimoto Projector retro w/ amber halo's, grey wire mod, Elite front bumper....so far....
    $240 isn't a terrible deal for these. I am running the same leafs with billies and love the ride. I don't do a whole lot of wheeling though so experience there.

3. Alpha Q Up

Alpha Q Up Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ruben
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    2003 4WD DC Tacoma
    I'm running this exact set up. So far I like it. The only thing is that my leaf pack now squeaks. I guess I was supposed to lube where the bolts go through. I would say its a pretty good deal. I paid around $300+shipping for mine new.

What's the reason for him selling? It sucks buying used things cause we really don't know how they were used and how long.

4. Geosh

Member:
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '03 PreRunner DC, 3.4L
    He is wanting to put a LT kit on his truck. Judging by the look of his truck, they didn't see much abuse because the truck looks really clean. I am always hesitant buying used though. Just trying to cover my bases.

Also, do they really give the 3" advertised lift or do they settle to a little less? They are going to go on a Double Cab if that would matter. Also, how does this look with stock sized tires (for now)? I don't want them to make my tires look way to small for the wheel wheels.

5. Alpha Q Up

Alpha Q Up Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ruben
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    2003 4WD DC Tacoma
    I have a double and they did give me a small rake when I first got them. And over time they did settle.

Here is my truck with the All Pro's and 285/70/16 tires
    [​IMG]

Here is my truck with a 2" add a leaf in the rear with stock sized tires.
    [​IMG]

You can see the rear lifted up a little with the allpro's. I personally didn't like the stock size tires with a lift. Do you have a lift already? (In front)

6. Geosh

Member:
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '03 PreRunner DC, 3.4L
    Yeah, the original owner put spacers on top of the coil assy and I think it is equivalent to a 2" lift in front. I plan to go bigger tires eventually, but my current ones have a lot of life left and I feel bad wasting them.

I think I might just pass on the springs for now. I will need to buy stock length shackles too and it is all starting to add up cost wise. I think I might just save up my money, do some more research, and get exactly what I need. I think 3" is more lift than I really want anyway.

To Top