1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AllPro Offroad Screwed me

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by ExpeditionNW, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 11, 2016 at 5:34 PM
    Mike likes Tacos

Mike likes Tacos Mod in Training

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northridge,CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 DCSB
    Long travel with big tires and lights
    So the bumper wasn't warped or anything right? If this is just a problem of the mounting holes possibly being in the wrong spot seems like an easy fix.

numbah57 likes this.
  2. Apr 11, 2016 at 5:35 PM
    RedbirdsTaco

RedbirdsTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    SW MO
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM SR AC MT
    Black Reflective Vinyl Tailgate Inserts Intermittent Wiper Mod Inferno Vinyl Glove Box Inserts SR LED Fog Light Mod Custom St. Louis Cardinals Bedside Decal Clazzio Leather Seat Covers
    Not so much now that those canyons have been plasma'd in it

3. Apr 11, 2016 at 5:37 PM
    Greensystemsgo

Greensystemsgo 1 owner with clean car fox.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dirty Nickers
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    18 year old black taco...
    Bone Stock.
    I am curious what the bumper has been up to for the last two months? Just been on the truck with janky ass holes which hardware are probably getting little grab? Will we be getting any pictures of the bumper once its off the truck? From further back? Surprised no measurements were taken off of the frame to edge of fenders or even on the bumper from mount to inside of wrap. As a 4x4 shop im sure you could do that for us please.

1MK and At The Helm like this.
  4. Apr 11, 2016 at 5:37 PM
    Snowy

Snowy Is neither here nor there

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Winnebago, IL
    Vehicle:
    3 linked 98 Xtra cab
    Stock-ish
    I'll preface the below by saying that I have ordered from AP, TG, Marlin, and 4xInnovatons in the past.

Everything quoted shows a bit of a hole that is not exclusive to AP. Most people were happy in the end but there was an "issue" that was fixed or something was "close" and was ultimately handled by AP in the end. People anymore are much less tolerant of less than perfect products. When prices are what they are, most expect a product that bolts up out of the box without any issues and passes the eye test of level/square.

I wish the Toyota world had more shops like AP and I really hope they have continued growth and success. It does seem like they are in a transition period from hole in the wall shop that catered to die hard mini guys working in a home garage to second and third gen Tacoma owners with $$$$. They want and expect things to work straight away because they aren't capable of modifying things or their time is more valuable in other areas than fabbing.

5. Apr 11, 2016 at 5:38 PM
    Tracy@All-Pro Off Road

Tracy@All-Pro Off Road Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tracy
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    Too many to list
    Yes, and powder coating.

6. Apr 11, 2016 at 5:38 PM
    Skootter14

Skootter14 Upon my signal, unleash Hell

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Sport 4D LB 4x4 Metallic Grey
    "a lot of stupid stuff" -Wife
    I hate to admit, but this is true. And as a techno-savvy generation, the internet has opened the doors for quick results on matters like this.

It's unfortunate that matters like this happen, and I personally believe the truth is somewhere in the middle (as it usually is, between two people). I know I purchased a Ubolt flip kit from Allpro and the hole cut in the center would not fit over the retaining bolt in the center of the all pro standard leaf pack that I also purchased. Fortunately for me, I was able to widen the hole so it would fit around the nut that keeps all the leafs together. My point in bringing this up is that I am sure those are all cut in masses, and they SHOULD all fit, but mine did not. If I didn't have the tools readily available to fix it myself, I would have been up a creek, as my rear end of the truck was resting on stands, taken apart. Somewhere, flukes do happen and there is no way my situation was a "owner's fault" kinda thing since I bought BOTH the leaf pack AND the flip kit from All pro. I will say my customer service in ordering and asking questions about the shock/leaf combo was sufficient. Its just important to remember things happen, glad allpro is takin care of it, it sounds like, just hate what it took to get there (may have been OPs fault, maybe not).

Acerwin likes this.
  7. Apr 11, 2016 at 5:46 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon Musk Moderator

Member:
    Temp locked for clean up

Vegas Tacoma, 1MK, ahspurlock and 5 others like this.
  8. Apr 11, 2016 at 6:29 PM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    We are going to keep this thread locked until an agreed upon resolution has been made.
    Once that is determined, we will open this thread for that response.

9. Apr 28, 2016 at 6:39 AM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    Quick update so it's not viewed here to be negative on either party involved.

Both parties worked out a deal and went their separate ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
To Top