1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Almost burnt down man cave tonight

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Rbohno, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Dec 27, 2010 at 9:29 PM
    Rbohno

Rbohno [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Charlotte,NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC TRD OffRoad
    Viper remote start alarm 2.5" Spacer in front, 1.5" spacer in rear, rear TSB performed N-Fab Nerf bars 16" x 8" Vision Warrior wheels 265/75/16 Dura Trac tires
    I am tripping out, I lit my Kerosene heater in my 1000 square foot man cave/bar.
    I lit my kersone heater went into the house to let it warm the building up as I normally do. Went out to the building with my visiting in-laws to watch the game tonight and the room was so black with smoke you coulndnt even see that the lights were on.
    I have satellite tv, $3k Olhausen pool table custom made bar, furniture and thousands of dollars worth of sports memorabilia. It looks like cob webs are covering everything but they webs are soot from smoke the room got so hot the drywall cracked, everything is fricking ruined. i have been disabled for a year and thus short on money, I dont have a clue what insurance deductible is with State Farm on something like this. I dont have aclue where to begin. My house,contents and man cave is insured for $450k but I dont even have the money if the deductible is only $1k, hence me being on disability for almost a year.
    I am still amazed at how everything is covered in what appears to be long strings like cob webs that are made of soot, I have never seen anything like it. My big screen was playing when I lit the heater and went into the house to get a drink and cigar and it is fried, either from the heat or smoke. Again no visible flame marks just a complete building covered in black soot?????:(:(:(:(:(:(

2. Dec 27, 2010 at 9:36 PM
    Rbohno

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Charlotte,NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC TRD OffRoad
    Viper remote start alarm 2.5" Spacer in front, 1.5" spacer in rear, rear TSB performed N-Fab Nerf bars 16" x 8" Vision Warrior wheels 265/75/16 Dura Trac tires
    One more thing, be careful guys< I guess I am blessed I didn't lose my house. I have used kerosene heaters in there many,many times and never any issues. Be careful if you use them I would hate to see someone else lose their home or god forbid theri loved ones in a fire.

If there are any firemen on here i would love to know what the cob web like things are that are covering the walls, hanging from the ceilings and extending down to the floor?

3. Dec 27, 2010 at 9:37 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    :eek: holy shit! not sure about the details of the insurance, but good to hear that no one was hurt.

4. Dec 27, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    yeah i was just going to say you could have lost your whole pad.

5. Dec 27, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    X2!

6. Dec 27, 2010 at 9:39 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Man glad you are ok, that is freaking crazy.

7. Dec 27, 2010 at 9:45 PM
    pidro_el_pirata

pidro_el_pirata Well-Known Member

Member:
    Damn!!! Write down all the details of what happened, take millions of pictures, and contact the manufacturer of that stupid thing!

8. Dec 27, 2010 at 9:55 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    I have never really trusted those types of heaters. Glad you are ok and I hope everything works out well for you.

9. Dec 27, 2010 at 9:58 PM
    easyeatlanta

easyeatlanta Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    14 DC Trd Off Road
    you got any pictures

10. Dec 27, 2010 at 10:09 PM
    Rbohno

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Charlotte,NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC TRD OffRoad
    Thanks everyone for the kind comments, you are all correct. It could have been much worse, no one was injured.

I am just in shock because we have always used this heater without any trouble:
    http://www.tractorsupply.com/home-i...or-radiant-kerosene-heater-23-000-btu-3070559

I am just devasted all my stuff is ruined, you know basic stuff I mentioned plus stuff like autographed memorbilia from John Force, Dale Earnhardt, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Clyde Drexler, Brad Lidge and on and on. How do you get a value on these types of items???
    My company did the tile work for astonaut Tom Hennon from the Space Shuttle Atlantis missions so he was so impressed he gave me a mission patch off his space suit and autographed a picture of him wearing his space suit that said "Thanks for making my home look "Out of this World".
    The room got so hot it melted all the drywall mud joints but didn't catch fire.
    Sorry guys i dont mean to ramble I am just upset and freaking out.

11. Dec 27, 2010 at 10:12 PM
    Rbohno

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Charlotte,NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC TRD OffRoad
    No I will take some tomorrow, I am trying to settle down and get some rest so I can figure out what to do tomorrow.

Products Discussed in

To Top